Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sharieff Rhaheed - OLB

Started by PorkSoda, November 06, 2013, 08:21:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 13, 2013, 03:17:25 pm
We had NFL players on our 4 win team last year.  I'd rather have the wins and the people who don't have the "measurables" you talk about than that kind of "success."

You mentioned being undefeated...you think that happens w/ undersized 'playmakers'? You have watched Rudy too many times.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

the_kosher_pig

You're too dense to see my point.  What's "undersized"?  There isn't a set size.  I've PROVED to you that LSU doesn't go after the same 6'4 260lb line backers that Bama uses.  It's not because they can't, it's because they like the 6' 210lb backers......for their 4-3 defense.  Florida does the same.  As of recently you'll see a 235-245 lb MLB for LSU and a couple of 210-225 lb outside LB's.  Now, what's "SEC" size?  Are you saying "3-4" size instead?  If that's the case then yes, we are small. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

twistitup

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 13, 2013, 03:37:47 pm
You're too dense to see my point.  What's "undersized"?  There isn't a set size.  I've PROVED to you that LSU doesn't go after the same 6'4 260lb line backers that Bama uses.  It's not because they can't, it's because they like the 6' 210lb backers......for their 4-3 defense.  Florida does the same.  As of recently you'll see a 235-245 lb MLB for LSU and a couple of 210-225 lb outside LB's.  Now, what's "SEC" size?  Are you saying "3-4" size instead?  If that's the case then yes, we are small. 

So recruits that come here are playing out of position if they plan on going to the next level.... That's a heck of a recruiting pitch.

Come play at Arkansas - where free safeties play LB. Good prospects want to play a position that translates to the next level. 6' 210# isn't an NFL caliber LB last I checked. We better stick to recruiting 'playmakers' I guess
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

the_kosher_pig

Right.  Let's mirror LSU's success.  Or TCU's.  Or Florida's. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 13, 2013, 03:37:47 pm

I would apply your point across the board to every position.  I'm so sick of hearing, "we need to get SEC-sized _______" 

Steef

We could sure use some SEC speed.

Too.