Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Championship games today.

Started by Hog Solo, December 03, 2016, 08:00:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Solo

When we will be there?  Will it be under Bielema?  Sad to see the weak opponents in these games knowing that we could be in under the right circumstances.

NuttinItUp

Do "the right circumstances" include Alabama in the same division as us?

Hog Solo

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 03, 2016, 08:11:43 pm
Do "the right circumstances" include Alabama in the same division as us?
Absolutely it does.  Maybe there's some kind of reprieve if kiffin goes elsewhere as well.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

NuttinItUp

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 03, 2016, 08:19:40 pm
Florida was weak.

Bama....not so much.

But the title was games...plural.  So I thought it was referring to all games today.  Clemson and Wisky aren't weak.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Hog Solo

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2016, 08:18:01 pm
Weak opponents?  Not following.

Penn st.,  va tech, Florida.  Weak sides that have no business being in the championship games.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 03, 2016, 08:23:35 pm
Penn st.,  va tech, Florida.  Weak sides that have no business being in the championship games.

Ah, well that's typical in all conferences.  Most of these games aren't that close.  Today is nothing new.

TNhawgfan

We've been that weak opponent that had no business being there. Remember the Georgia beatdown in the SECCG?
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hog Solo

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 03, 2016, 08:30:29 pm
We've been that weak opponent that had no business being there. Remember the Georgia beatdown in the SECCG?

I do, but I also remember the Florida game we lost in the secg that we should've won. The

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 03, 2016, 08:34:07 pm
I do, but I also remember the Florida game we lost in the secg that we should've won.
Was there for that one. We definitely had the mo before the fish fumble
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 03, 2016, 08:39:11 pm

We could have won, but I wouldn't say should have.

The irony of the Fish muff was after the game, Nutt pointed to a drop by the true freshman Williams.  Like Fish's play didn't matter.   Man, I loathed Nutt.

longpig

Clemson loses, Michigan gets passed over for Wisconsin.  James Joseph will explode.😃
Don't be scared, be smart.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 03, 2016, 08:39:11 pm
Poor Reggie. That was 2006. (a decade ago now)

The guy still hasn't lived it down.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2016, 08:46:00 pm
We could have won, but I wouldn't say should have.

The irony of the Fish muff was after the game, Nutt pointed to a drop by the true freshman Williams.  Like Fish's play didn't matter.   Man, I loathed Nutt.

Williams was a hater from up north in Springdale. Nutt thought he dropped it on purpose...lol

PRJ

woodhog14

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 03, 2016, 08:00:20 pm
When we will be there?  Will it be under Bielema?  Sad to see the weak opponents in these games knowing that we could be in under the right circumstances.
You do remember that Bama is in our division right? Nobody is beating Bama enough for them not to win the SEC West for the foreseeable future. Ever heard of reality? That's just reality right now and until Saban retires. This Bama dynasty is something that won't be seen for a long time once Saban does retire.

woodhog14

Quote from: Hog Solo on December 03, 2016, 08:23:35 pm
Good lord man, Penn State is not weak. You just sound like a jealous little girl.

woodhog14

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 03, 2016, 09:08:56 pm
Williams was a hater from up north in Springdale. Nutt thought he dropped it on purpose...lol

PRJ
LOL!

ronmahony

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 03, 2016, 09:35:50 pm
Good lord man, Penn State is not weak. You just sound like a jealous little girl.

Yeah, they are taking it to Wisconsin now.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

ronmahony

This is going to be an interesting fourth quarter.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

woodhog14

Quote from: ronmahony on December 03, 2016, 09:47:34 pm
This is going to be an interesting fourth quarter.
Sure is. Fun game to watch!

Bubba's Bruisers

I want PSU to win just so it will squeeze the playoff committee.  Will they put tOSU in over PSU even after PSU beat tOSU and won the conference championship?  I bet they do.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2016, 10:02:49 pm
I want PSU to win just so it will squeeze the playoff committee.  Will they put tOSU in over PSU even after PSU beat tOSU and won the conference championship?  I bet they do.

Yeah, but Penn St. has 2 losses, and Ohio St. only has 1 loss.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 03, 2016, 10:13:25 pm

And Penn St with a win, would win their conference. The former chairman of the committee told us how important it was for a team to win their conference.

PRJ

Bubba's Bruisers

I know, but it would really put the screws to the committee. 

Buff

But......B1G champion getting left out, in favor of the team with the best shot at getting the National Championship back to the B1G?  It's a bad precedent for the conference champ to be left out of the Playoff.  Not to mention, a circumstance that would make me laugh so hard.

ronmahony

Quote from: Buff on December 03, 2016, 10:20:02 pm
But......B1G champion getting left out, in favor of the team with the best shot at getting the National Championship back to the B1G?  It's a bad precedent for the conference champ to be left out of the Playoff.  Not to mention, a circumstance that would make me laugh so hard.

The way Penn State is playing they ought to be in it if they do win.

26.2Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2016, 10:02:49 pm
I want PSU to win just so it will squeeze the playoff committee. 

I'm the same way.  I want the committee to squirm and sweat.  If PSU beat OSU AND wins the conference, how could they exclude them?

ronmahony

I tell you what Penn States QB is playing some awesome ball. I don't know why they would try to run at all.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 26.2Hog on December 03, 2016, 10:25:23 pm
I'm the same way.  I want the committee to squirm and sweat.  If PSU beat OSU AND wins the conference, how could they exclude them?

There will be tons of pressure from the Big10 to get tOSU in the playoff, because it's the Big10's best shot at a NC.  I think if the current scores hold up, PSU will still get left out.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Buff on December 03, 2016, 10:20:02 pm

Don't forget, their commissioner has over and over advocated for the conference champion to be the automatic in and it would be beautiful to watch him have to choke on that.

Bubba's Bruisers

It's all for not if Clemson screws the pooch.  They can't pull away from VT.

hoglady

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 03, 2016, 10:33:52 pm
It's all for not if Clemson screws the pooch.  They can't pull away from VT.

Too bad both these games are on at the same time.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ronmahony

Wow that was a great defensive stand there.

hoglady

Quote from: ronmahony on December 03, 2016, 10:41:24 pm
Wow that was a great defensive stand there.

Yes it was.
I've never been a Penn St fan, but the way they've come back it's hard not to root for them.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

alohawg

Go VA Tech........just to screw things up.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

ronmahony

Quote from: hoglady on December 03, 2016, 10:43:02 pm
Yes it was.
I've never been a Penn St fan, but the way they've come back it's hard not to root for them.

Yeah I was kind of pulling for Wisconsin at first, but Penn State won me over. I don't believe I have seen them play since all that junk happened.

Bebop

Quote from: hoglady on December 03, 2016, 10:43:02 pm
Yes it was.

I'll never root for them.