Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee's game plan?

Started by Swino, November 08, 2006, 10:22:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Swino

With Grant out, I expect the safeties to play far back in order to prevent the homerun.  Tennessee will take all of the short passes they are given and go long when the safeties creep up.  I also look for them to have some stretch running plays. 

excoach

If I'm Cutcliff, I look at throwning a lot of slants, mid range passes across the middle, if Reggie is playing man. If he goes to a Zone, you probably still going to see some quick slants, tunnel screens, and deep balls. I expect to see 50 plus pass, since this is our weakness.

1stwordswerewoopig

We got killed on the slant, slant and go, and the fade last week.  How tall are Tenn's receivers?

Don't be surprised by some "jump balls" on the sideline along with the obvious....slant!

spudhog

Quote from: Swino on November 08, 2006, 10:22:04 am
With Grant out, I expect the safeties to play far back in order to prevent the homerun.  Tennessee will take all of the short passes they are given and go long when the safeties creep up.  I also look for them to have some stretch running plays. 
look for reggie to devise a way for the d-line to run less stunts and for them to take a couple of hard steps and then get their hands up.  we should play some more zone and will need a better game from our lb's.  they cant run but we need to stop it early like bama did.  they turn the ball over 2 or 3 times and it will be over. 

THROWITDEEP

Quote from: excoach on November 08, 2006, 12:25:16 pm
If I'm Cutcliff, I look at throwning a lot of slants, mid range passes across the middle, if Reggie is playing man. If he goes to a Zone, you probably still going to see some quick slants, tunnel screens, and deep balls. I expect to see 50 plus pass, since this is our weakness.

I agree.

This game could turn out to be a long one.  With 50 passes and those dang ESPN commercials that last a lifetime. 

PorkSoda

Can Herring stop a team thats pass only?  He has a whole week to come up with something.  I quess we will find out saturday.  Maybe he'll throw Cutcliff for a loop and actually play zone.  If so it should could be like christmas, Interceptions for everyone.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

bobc

I think our defensive backs  played really good against SCU, The coverage was their!
Blake Mitchel was just throwing near perfect balls. I believe losing Grant will have a effect, but I still think our defensive backs and our defensive scheme will match up good with Tenn.
bobc

cvest21

Our coverage is fine as far as position but if our d-backs don't start playing the ball position will not matter.  Look for 20-30% zone.  That is about the percentage we played against mitchel. :razorback:

D. F. W. T. P.

jackall237

1stword - Their good receivers are like Meachem - 6-3  Swain  -  6-1  and Smith - 6-3.  And Smith is from Warren, Arkansas.  Expect him to be pissed at the Hogs for not being recruited.  Some people think he's going to go nuts..

BPPig

Smith was heavily recruited by the hogs. Warren sends most of their football players to UT is seems.

The coverage on the fades routes has been good. Those were great throws and catches that SC made. Crossing routes and slants is a whole different story. I hope Reggie earns his money and confuses the sin out of them today.

BPPig

I admit I  was wrong about JA. Lord, they couldn't block him all night. He jsut gets better and better. What a win. GHG.