Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trumain Carroll is the program’s new head strength and conditioning coach.

Started by BR, January 09, 2018, 10:34:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on January 09, 2018, 04:25:45 pm
STFU you idiot. All you guys badmouthing HS Coaches don't have a clue about football.
He's a joke with a 50 million guarantee HEAD COACHING GIG..You are just running off at the mouth constantly on Hogville. And I am not a Gus man. We lucked the fook out by him staying with Auburn.

Gus sucks, hombre.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

PonderinHog

farmhawg

Quote from: BadHog on January 09, 2018, 01:27:29 pm
So we are SMU North now. OK.
Or any other program when you hire the hc. Just amazed at how stupid some people react.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 09, 2018, 05:46:33 pm
Essentially, looking at what Morris has done, he built a staff at SMU to implement and refine the offensive ideas he developed at Clemson.  They understand EXACTLY what he wants so he brought them with him and that will be a relatively seamless process.  On the defensive side of the ball, he seems to have learned from his time at Clemson.  It looks as if he knew that defense is what will define the success or failure of his tenure at Arkansas and he loaded up on solid, salty, experienced defensive coaches who understand what it takes to compete in this league and he will leave them alone to do what they need to do.  The strength and conditioning coach will get instructions from Morris of course, but also from each position coach on exactly what they want and need from their unit.  Unlike the hodge podge mess that was the last staff, this seems to be a carefully thought out and composed staff that will be on a mission.  Sure, we all wanted Venables but as staffs go, this one on the defensive side looks solid and, if Morris can replicate what he has done at every other stop on offense, we will be some happy fans.
Correct. I like this staff and they will build this right. We will win and big in a few years.
From theflyinghog

LZH

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 09, 2018, 06:04:15 pm
We need a good ole fashioned Marine Drill Sergeant type that eats nails, kicks ass and takes names.  A Navy Seal instructor would work too.  Ring the Bell if you can't handle it.

It would help if our head coach were like that too.

AlmaHog2011

Al Boarland

Essentially, looking at what Morris has done, he built a staff at SMU to implement and refine the offensive ideas he developed at Clemson.  They understand EXACTLY what he wants so he brought them with him and that will be a relatively seamless process.  On the defensive side of the ball, he seems to have learned from his time at Clemson.  It looks as if he knew that defense is what will define the success or failure of his tenure at Arkansas and he loaded up on solid, salty, experienced defensive coaches who understand what it takes to compete in this league and he will leave them alone to do what they need to do.  The strength and conditioning coach will get instructions from Morris of course, but also from each position coach on exactly what they want and need from their unit.  Unlike the hodge podge mess that was the last staff, this seems to be a carefully thought out and composed staff that will be on a mission.  Sure, we all wanted Venables but as staffs go, this one on the defensive side looks solid and, if Morris can replicate what he has done at every other stop on offense, we will be some happy fans.

Salty or sunset tour? We'll find out.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: LZH on January 09, 2018, 06:30:08 pm
It would help if our head coach were like that too.

Our head coach needs to be a General George Patton type.  He ate lava and spit fire.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

husker71

I think Scott Frost took his entire staff with him to Nebraska.  No problem with that and no problem with Morris decisions.  Wish all the Sabans on this board would admit that you have to give the guy a chance with his system and his people. 

RockyMtnHog

I hope that everyone of our coaches set the tone early in their meetings.

Sit up, Put your feet on the floor and Put your drinks down.  I AM IN CHARGE!

Now get your act together or RING THE BELL!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

rude1

Quote from: hogginbama on January 09, 2018, 02:37:51 pm
If the first year is a wash with every new hire, why do we hold it against them 5 yrs down the road when we are firing them? Watch it happen with this guy, you say year 1 is a wash while they get adjusted, but 5 yrs from now everyone on Hogville will hold year 1 against him as if that was the start of the downfall.
Saying first year is a wash, doesn't mean the first year didn't happen. Most understand this to simply mean, that they will not be calling for the coaches head after the first season because you are expecting a transition period. Now if in year 4 or 5 you are seeing what you saw in year one, then year one will absolutely become a hot topic as it was a preview of how things were going to be.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

GoHogs1091

Quote from: husker71 on January 09, 2018, 07:20:22 pm
I think Scott Frost took his entire staff with him to Nebraska.  No problem with that and no problem with Morris decisions.  Wish all the Sabans on this board would admit that you have to give the guy a chance with his system and his people. 

Frost knows that was the right decision.  Frost just went undefeated and beat Auburn.

Too bad the "crowned" National Champion last night couldn't do the same as what Frost and his coaching staff did this season.

LZH

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 09, 2018, 07:15:30 pm
Our head coach needs to be a General George Patton type.  He ate lava and spit fire.

Yep. BB seemed to wanna be buddies with players. The coach is not their buddy.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 09, 2018, 07:29:46 pm
Frost knows that was the right decision.  Frost just went undefeated and beat Auburn.

Too bad the "crowned" National Champion last night couldn't do the same as what Frost and his coaching staff did this season.

Smh. Seriously? If you think AU was as inspired against UCF as they were vs Bama you are clueless. How about Auburn getting pounded 28-7 by UGA?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

opineonswine

Awesome analysis.  Wasted on some of the lower intellect here.

hawgmasta

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 09, 2018, 07:29:46 pm

A little bitter over your Clemson boys getting their arses handed to them by Alabama, aren'y you?
Go Hogs Go!

GoHogs1091

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 09, 2018, 08:41:39 pm
A little bitter over your Clemson boys getting their arses handed to them by Alabama, aren'y you?

They will be back.  They probably have the name Alabama circled.

They have an elite QB coming in for next season who may be better than Deshaun Watson (Trevor Lawrence is the nation's #1 overall ranked player; Watson was not the nation's #1 overall ranked player).

Also, Venables will be playing five 5 Star ranked defensive players in his defensive front 7 next season (three 5 Star Defensive Linemen and two 5 Star Linebackers).  He only had three 5 Star defensive players in his defensive front 7 this season.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: oldhawg on January 09, 2018, 05:43:15 pm
First year does not influence longevity.

Lou Holtz - 11-1 his first year epic Orange Bowl win, had as legitimate claim to #1 ranking as anyone, forced to resign after seven years.

Ken Hatfield - 3 ten win seasons, 2 nine win seasons, 1 seven win season in six years, forced out by fan dissatisfaction and overbearing AD.

Lou upset too many HS coaches!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

goodguytex

Quote from: SemperHawg on January 09, 2018, 02:10:18 pm
I understand this thought process.  The main reason I am going to disagree is Chavis.  I think what you will see out of CCM is similar to what you saw with Petrino.  CCM is going to be running everything offensively and this teams identity will reside on that side of the ball like it or not.  For S&C coach he would rather have a guy that he is familiar with and knows EXACTLY what the identity and philosophy of the team should be.  Hiring Chavis and hopefully having his mixed networks of coaches from over the years on that side of the ball tells me CCM know enough to stay our of that.  Petrino had a bunch of dudes from smalls schools and nowhere but it works for him because he was/is running the show and just needs to have people around him that understand the direction.  I think this is why S&C and all the offensive coaches are going to look "SMU North" as you put it.
What I really loved and respected about petrino was he came out of the gate with the system he wanted, knew exactly who and what he wanted to run, and hit the ground running... And got it.

We as Hog fans knew who would be making the electric plays on offense for 3 years.... Ryan Mallett, locked up, Dennis Johnson, got him, Joe Adams, jarius Wright, even Tyler Wilson. A couple those guys Nutt may have recruited and everything. But petrino knew who and what he needed to be successful.

And he knew he had the Dick brothers running things at QB, worked with what he had, made Casey better while Ryan waited for his chance.

What I'd love to see from Coach Morris is something similar. He knows what he wants to do, the system he wants to run. I think he should use the last spots left for commits to get some people to commit to carry our that system the way it needs to be run to be successful.

Part of being successful at this level is being prepared from the 2nd you walk on campus.... Develop a plan, recruit to carry our the plan, then execute the plan. We will see if Morris does that. Sadly bielema didn't. He gave lip service to it.

But he even stated when he became HC, he didn't want to look at any game film from the previous year. That was a mistake.

I know from having played football a prepared hC has to know what he's got, what he needs to get his program where it has to be. You learn the strengths and weaknesses in everything and start building. I hope Morris follows a similar plan.

MDGoHawgs

Quote from: goodguytex on January 09, 2018, 09:15:09 pm
What I really loved and respected about petrino was he came out of the gate with the system he wanted, knew exactly who and what he wanted to run, and hit the ground running... And got it.

We as Hog fans knew who would be making the electric plays on offense for 3 years.... Ryan Mallett, locked up, Dennis Johnson, got him, Joe Adams, jarius Wright, even Tyler Wilson. A couple those guys Nutt may have recruited and everything. But petrino knew who and what he needed to be successful.

And he knew he had the Dick brothers running things at QB, worked with what he had, made Casey better while Ryan waited for his chance.

What I'd love to see from Coach Morris is something similar. He knows what he wants to do, the system he wants to run. I think he should use the last spots left for commits to get some people to commit to carry our that system the way it needs to be run to be successful.

Part of being successful at this level is being prepared from the 2nd you walk on campus.... Develop a plan, recruit to carry our the plan, then execute the plan. We will see if Morris does that. Sadly bielema didn't. He gave lip service to it.

But he even stated when he became HC, he didn't want to look at any game film from the previous year. That was a mistake.

I know from having played football a prepared hC has to know what he's got, what he needs to get his program where it has to be. You learn the strengths and weaknesses in everything and start building. I hope Morris follows a similar plan.

I agree. There will be an absolute curb though, so we as fans need to be patient. I think a few of BB's recruits will not make it through Spring ball and those who do, it will be rough sledding over the long haul of a break neck season.

Pork Twain

Quote from: BadHog on January 09, 2018, 01:27:29 pm
So we are SMU North now. OK.
So you have a problem with SMU's offense or Clemson's offense or do you just need something to be unhappy about?  We surely do not have their defense.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DrSwineESQ

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on January 09, 2018, 07:15:30 pm
That would be an upgrade.  Our last coach ate larvae and gave me acid reflux.