Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vitello and Mizzou

Started by SouthTulsaHog, June 17, 2016, 10:10:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthTulsaHog

Didnt see a topic right off the bat about this. Have seen some things on twitter about former players and what not are really pushing for Vitello to come in and replace Jamison. That was something I was really worried about when it came out they were looking for a new coach. We will see if it comes to fruition.

For our sake, I hope it does not.

WPS

jry04

I guess anything can change, but some have reported Vitello is staying put.

Knot2brite

Things can change over night but what I have heard from people that know him say that he is staying
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

batonrougehawg

An article in the DemGaz by Matt Jones this morning alluded to Vitello will likely interview with Mizzou according a report by the St Louis Post-Dispatch. The SLPD article also lists a few other potential candidates.

http://m.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/who-s-next-to-coach-mizzou-baseball/article_667f81fa-0b40-5827-b778-1310f115f48b.html

ricepig

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 17, 2016, 10:31:17 am
Things can change over night but what I have heard from people that know him say that he is staying

Of course, that was before he interviews, assuming he does. If they really want him, I can't see any way way we'll keep him.

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2016, 11:25:06 am
Of course, that was before he interviews, assuming he does. If they really want him, I can't see any way way we'll keep him.

Maybe he just doesn't want to go.

ricepig

June 17, 2016, 08:42:56 pm #6 Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:52:43 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Scott7703 on June 17, 2016, 08:31:43 pm

Maybe he just doesn't want to go.

Well, ask yourself, how many former players turn down the opportunity to coach at their alma mater? Hopefully he stays, he's helped us immensely in recruiting.

hog.goblin

I think if he interviews he's gone.  I was hoping he might wait until thinks improve, administratively, at Mizzou.  At this point, if it was my alma mater, I would likely have my diploma off the wall.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 17, 2016, 09:40:03 pm
I think if he interviews he's gone.  I was hoping he might wait until thinks improve, administratively, at Mizzou.  At this point, if it was my alma mater, I would likely have my diploma off the wall.

My thinking as well. That schools needs some years put between them and the issues last year

ucahogfan

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 17, 2016, 09:40:03 pm
So you think it is a guarantee he is offered the job if he interviews?  If I was him, I would at least interview if offered because it is his alma mater and a SEC HC job.

hog.goblin

Quote from: ucahogfan on June 18, 2016, 12:47:08 pm
So you think it is a guarantee he is offered the job if he interviews?  If I was him, I would at least interview if offered because it is his alma mater and a SEC HC job.

No, I shouldn't say the interview guarantees him an offer.  I just think if he's offered he's gone, and if they want to interview him I fear he is getting an offer.

Speculation to form my opinion of course.

ricepig

Quote from: hog.goblin on June 18, 2016, 01:04:59 pm
No, I shouldn't say the interview guarantees him an offer.  I just think if he's offered he's gone, and if they want to interview him I fear he is getting an offer.

Speculation to form my opinion of course.

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts on it. I guess it would depend who is on their list, the could just be interviewing him to placate some former players and boosters, but I don't see it that way.

rhog1

Quote from: ricepig on June 18, 2016, 01:42:01 pm
Yeah, pretty much my thoughts on it. I guess it would depend who is on their list, the could just be interviewing him to placate some former players and boosters, but I don't see it that way.
They probably don't have a lot of other options. Vitello may be the best coach they could reasonably get to say yes.

dotnet

Unless Mizzou has their man and only goes after him, they owe Vitello an interview.  It would be a good experience for Vitello and I feel like its a good thing to do for an alumnus. 

Regardless, if he is offered the job, he will take it without exception.  You do not turn down an SEC head coaching job regardless of the circumstances.  That just isnt' realistic. 

To put this in perspective, if he was offered the Sam Houston State job, I think he would take it.  Head coaching gigs like that don't come around that often.