Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super Regional Predictions

Started by tennesseehogwild, June 08, 2016, 09:58:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

First base caught the ball, had control and foot on the bag - then collision knocked the ball loose - why is the runner not out? Wasn't he out before the collision ever happened?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Cornfed Pig

Quote from: hoglady on June 12, 2016, 11:30:38 pm
First base caught the ball, had control and foot on the bag - then collision knocked the ball loose - why is the runner not out? Wasn't he out before the collision ever happened?

Yeah, everything happened really quick, plus both players were probably blocking view of the ball - next thing you know it's halfway down the foul line. 

But, the teal is real. Let's go chanticleers!

Cornfed Pig

Dr. Starcs

Chanticleers win. Chanticleers win. Thaaaaaaaaaa Chanticleers win.

Cancel the corn dog orders in Omaha.

HamIAm

QuoteFirst base caught the ball, had control and foot on the bag - then collision knocked the ball loose - why is the runner not out? Wasn't he out before the collision ever happened?

Doesn't matter. NCAA rulebook, page 23, section 16
QuoteIn establishing the validity of the catch, the fielder shall demonstrate complete
control of the ball and that the release of the ball is voluntary and intentional.

http://www.usabaseball.com/documents/7/9/4/128576794/NCAA_Rulebook_2016_7nojpzr8.pdf

Knot2brite

My Pens win the cup...UCSB shocks the Cardinals of Louisville and go to the CWS ...and LSU loses....if my Pirates had beat the Cruds today it would have been perfect
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jbell96

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 12, 2016, 12:51:49 pm
Didnt Arizona beat us in Omaha earlier this century?

Had we not gotten screwed in 2012, we would have played them in the championship series.

TNhawgfan

Glad LSU and Ags will be watching the CWS. I'm ok with Florida if they make it
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hoglady

Quote from: HamIAm on June 12, 2016, 11:56:41 pm
Doesn't matter. NCAA rulebook, page 23, section 16
http://www.usabaseball.com/documents/7/9/4/128576794/NCAA_Rulebook_2016_7nojpzr8.pdf

Thanks for posting this.
I just thought the runner was out the minute the first basemen touched the bag with control of the ball - just like a force out is at any base.
I was surprised there wasn't more discussion about that play by the announcers.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

jry04

Quote from: hoglady on June 13, 2016, 08:57:11 am
Thanks for posting this.
I just thought the runner was out the minute the first basemen touched the bag with control of the ball - just like a force out is at any base.
I was surprised there wasn't more discussion about that play by the announcers.
The only way the batter was going to be out under those circumstances was if the first baseman ran over and tagged the batter out. He never touched first, so he wouldn't have been safe.

hoglady

Shocked LSU lost that game - thought they would score the go ahead run and then hold.
They are normally a great come from behind team, especially at home.
SEC has really put on a poor showing in these super regionals.

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

rhog1

I stayed up for the end of the LSU game and am glad I did. I thought for sure Coastal had lost when LSU tied it. I will be rooting for Coastal Carolina and UCSB for the rest of the season. I love seeing underdogs win.

woodhog14

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 12, 2016, 12:51:49 pm
Didnt Arizona beat us in Omaha earlier this century?

Yep. In 2004.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

DEVIL DOG HOG

Only one SEC team going to Omaha. Sad.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

jbell96

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on June 14, 2016, 08:32:10 am

It's not like the other SEC teams crapped the bed, State, LSU, & SC ran in to teams that are peaking at the right time. LSU overachieved this year to be honest. They had to replace 8 out of 9 starters and still managed to earn a national seed and make it to Supers.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on June 14, 2016, 08:32:10 am
Why? You like seeing our rivals winning it all? I don't
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ricepig

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 14, 2016, 11:54:29 am

Yeah, if we aren't there, I hope no one makes it. That being said, I have no problem with Florida winning it.

Atlhogfan1

No.  But like with SEC football, I prefer SEC baseball to be viewed with depth and strength.  The committee bought into it with the SEC and ACC's RPI numbers in seeding this tournament.  I would hate for the Hogs to be up for a national seed in the next couple of tourneys only to have the committee take the stance they undervalued the West in 2016 and instead give the benefit of the doubt to a Pac 12 team or UCSB, Fullerton, Irvine, LB St etc.  I would much rather SEC basketball be viewed with respect as a result of showing depth and start to get the respect when it comes to postseason that football and baseball does.  This tourney was probably an anomaly and will hopefully be viewed that way.  I agree with the earlier comments on LSU not being as strong.  And TCU was probably undervalued and matched with A&M's regional as the committee is still in that setting up local matchups phase(UF-FSU).  This was a tough matchup for an Omaha-worthy A&M team.  And Vandy had just a tragic weekend. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

LMS

My thoughts exactly. I don't get "Team SEC" fans, regardless of sport. I was rooting for the underdogs all weekend.