Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offensive Recruiting

Started by greenie, December 14, 2014, 05:05:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

I know we're focusing mostly on defense for these last spots...maybe entirely on defense...but I have a question about recruiting offensive players.  It seems to me that Jim Chaney is not that active in recruiting.   I'm certainly not an insider, so this observation is based solely on what I read from RD, Mike Irwin, and other reliable sources of information, and could be totally wrong.  I've seen lots of reports regarding Barry Lunney, Joel Thomas, and Michael Smith visiting players, but very little for Chaney. 

So how active is Chaney in recruiting? 

GalaHawg

He is mainly involved in recruiting QBs.

lefty08

I think he runs the day to day when BB is on the road too. Shannon is out recruiting, somebody has to watch the barn
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HOGINTENNESSEE

December 14, 2014, 09:12:21 pm #3 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:25:36 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
He is only the lead on QBs. He is a secondary recruiter on other offensive players. He has meet extensively with KJ, Gragg, O'Grady, Pettway and Storey explaining how they will be used in the offense when the visited during the summer.

He was at KJ Hill's house today with Barry, CBB and Smith

Same with Robb Smith. It Fairly typical of Coordinators to be secondary recruiter only.

He was an excellent recruiter back in the day when he was a recruiting coordinator at Purdue.

http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/chaney.html

greenie

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 14, 2014, 09:12:21 pm
He is only the lead on QBs. He is a secondary recruiter on other offensive players. He has meet extensively with KJ, Gragg, O'Grady, Pettway and Storey explaining how they will be used in the offense when the visited during the summer.

He was at KJ Hill's house today with Barry, CBB and Smith

Same with Robb Smith. It Fairly typical of Coordinators to be secondary recruiter only.

He was an excellent recruiter back in the day when he was a recruiting coordinator at Purdue.

http://espn.go.com/recruiting/s/chaney.html

Ok.  Maybe it's just how things worked out this year, but all those kids are in-state.  I don't remember hearing about him traveling too much.  Most likely an unfair evaluation since we've been mostly chasing defense, and on the offensive side of the ball, we've been after oline and Pittman mostly handles that.

mhuff

Greenie.... wondered the same..... Your box is full and you can't receive PM's until you delete some.

redeye