Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on Haughton in-home (OU lean)

Started by The Recruiting Guy, December 12, 2014, 12:32:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

All Bleed Red

Yep he's a big one.  We haven't really had a great safety since Ken Hamlin, this kid seems to fit the bill. 

colbs

Richard,  How do you feel about Arkansas chances?  I've seen where a lot of people think it will be OU or Baylor.

Dominicanhog

wasn't there another safety out of Waco that we recruited a year or so ago?  Can't remember the name, but we thought we had a good chance at him... I wonder how he is doing, did he pan out?

Peppa Pig

Kahlil is number one on my wish list.  He's going to be a player.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 12, 2014, 01:10:28 pm
wasn't there another safety out of Waco that we recruited a year or so ago?  Can't remember the name, but we thought we had a good chance at him... I wonder how he is doing, did he pan out?

Will Hines is from the Waco area I believe

HOGINTENNESSEE

December 12, 2014, 01:39:55 pm #7 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:15:01 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
I don't have a good feeling. Hope I'm wrong

forrest city joe

Baylor or OU for this kid. and it's been one of the two for a long time. but hats off to our coaches for not giving up.

Scott7703

We need this guy badly. He is the type guy that plays immediately.

Bad News Boar

Joe, I appreciate your enthusiasm. However, making claims like you would actually know are misleading. You didn't cite your sources or make an overly outrageous claim. How dare you.

Besides that, (Without any knowledge of the internal situation) I think we are truly in the thick of this race. It's the easy cop-out to go with the flow and say OU or Baylor. Continue on as you were.
Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.

scruf

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 12, 2014, 01:53:01 pm
Baylor or OU for this kid. and it's been one of the two for a long time. but hats off to our coaches for not giving up.

I'm gonna agree with FCJ here on all accounts.

Razinhail

Judging by some of RD's tweets maybe we have a better shot than most you think.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

jgphillips3

With who we have left, this kid and one of the stud LB's are my highest wants followed closely by a good OT.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Bad News Boar on December 12, 2014, 02:57:26 pm
Joe, I appreciate your enthusiasm. However, making claims like you would actually know are misleading. You didn't cite your sources or make an overly outrageous claim. How dare you.

Besides that, (Without any knowledge of the internal situation) I think we are truly in the thick of this race. It's the easy cop-out to go with the flow and say OU or Baylor. Continue on as you were.
Just going by what i have been reading and hearing. hope i am wrong and he comes to Arkansas. but i do not see this happening.

jackflash

Until he tells us no, I think we got as good shot at him as Baylor or OU. Think he see the chance to start here. At the least very least I think he walking in as second team safety.

Oklahawg

Quote from: jackflash on December 12, 2014, 03:51:36 pm
Until he tells us no, I think we got as good shot at him as Baylor or OU. Think he see the chance to start here. At the least very least I think he walking in as second team safety.

If you are an elite safety playing flag football in the B12 is going to give you a moment's pause.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 12, 2014, 03:29:40 pm
Just going by what i have been reading and hearing. hope i am wrong and he comes to Arkansas. but i do not see this happening.

you say that about literally every big time recruit.  now, most of the time you're right b/c we certainly miss out on many more than we get but you never have a good feeling.  LOL

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 12, 2014, 04:04:06 pm
you say that about literally every big time recruit.  now, most of the time you're right b/c we certainly miss out on many more than we get but you never have a good feeling.  LOL

He's usually throwing up, so maybe that's an improvement.

Thepigdoctor

This isn't coming from the neighbors cousins dog groomers milk man, but unless something completely bizarre happens, a lot of folks in the big 12 will be upset when this young man provides his Herbie Hancock.

redeye

Quote from: Thepigdoctor on December 12, 2014, 10:57:26 pm
This isn't coming from the neighbors cousins dog groomers milk man, but unless something completely bizarre happens, a lot of folks in the big 12 will be upset when this young man provides his Herbie Hancock.

I hope you're right!

So what did the neighbors cousins dog groomers milk man say?

Thepigdoctor

BatesvilleHOG

I believe we land Haughton. Who wouldn't want a chance to shine and to play in our improved, smash mouth SEC defense as a true freshman? Haughton and Merrick will be the stars at the end of our recruiting class.

Also, no telling what can happen if Gustin ends up taking an official here.

Hawg_Thai'd

Ya'll can just kiss Haughton goodbye ritch now. FCJ has done put that Voodoo Hex on us and said he would't come here. Take it for what its worth, but FCJ just downgraded us by his own proclimation.  :P
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Hoggish1

Very hopeful! We need this player.

CBB continues to impress...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: scruf on December 12, 2014, 03:05:58 pm
I'm gonna agree with FCJ here on all accounts.

Of course you would...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I heard he is Methodist. So, BU's out..!  I also heard his great grandfather twice removed was kicked out of the Cherokee nation for being too gassy. He wont set foot in Oklahoma without two braves and a medicine man for protection... Stoops also has to get the blessing of the Cherokee Nation. My Father is Chief... ;) WPS..!

It's true! It's true!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 13, 2014, 07:54:40 am
I heard he is Methodist. So, BU's out..!  I also heard his great grandfather twice removed was kicked out of the Cherokee nation for being too gassy. He wont set foot in Oklahoma without two braves and a medicine man for protection... Stoops also has to get the blessing of the Cherokee Nation. My Father is Chief... ;) WPS..!

It's true! It's true!

You called, son?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

WooPig90

Well as if this position wasnt already a need, it just got bigger with Gaines being gone at least for now

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 13, 2014, 01:07:48 pm
Well as if this position wasnt already a need, it just got bigger with Gaines being gone at least for now

CBB can bascially guarantee a starting postion

ricepig

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 13, 2014, 01:07:48 pm

I said from watching his film, that he would be the best FS on the team.

bigred223

I think we may be more attractive to this guy than many of you think. I'm sure he likes the idea of starting on an up and coming SEC squad that has a chance to be very good next year.