Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, December 09, 2014, 10:48:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Looks like Gragg is a for sure early enrollee.

The_Boot_stops_here

I don't think anyone is going to be able to let it go until we know something more as to what happened with Jalin Barnett.  I know I can't.  So.....RD?

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 09, 2014, 11:20:23 am
I don't think anyone is going to be able to let it go until we know something more as to what happened with Jalin Barnett.  I know I can't.  So.....RD?

Agreed.

PorkRinds

I doubt he says anything for a while.  He would have given more info if he could I'm sure.

immahog

I would be shocked if we got word on why JB won't be a hog
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

ldfergu

Yeah I definitely skimmed thru the tidbits in search of Barnett news and found nothing.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 09, 2014, 11:59:17 am
Two threads on Barnett.

with no real info....my post was a request for more info from RD

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 09, 2014, 01:32:26 pm
with no real info....my post was a request for more info from RD

I don't think you'll be getting anything very soon, just my guess.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on December 09, 2014, 01:34:57 pm
I don't think you'll be getting anything very soon, just my guess.

I expect the same but I also think its fair to continue to ask

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 09, 2014, 01:38:42 pm
I expect the same but I also think its fair to continue to ask

Will asking if we're there yet, get us there any sooner? lol

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on December 09, 2014, 01:42:18 pm
Will asking if we're there yet, get us there any sooner? lol

im just as concerned that we 'get there' at all....basically, to cut to the chase, I think the info should be disclosed.  I've never questioned RD before (literally) but I think it needs to be put out there.  There has been too much put out there on the positive side to not just put the negative out there...I know many will disagree but that's never concerned me

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 09, 2014, 02:41:28 pm
im just as concerned that we 'get there' at all....basically, to cut to the chase, I think the info should be disclosed.  I've never questioned RD before (literally) but I think it needs to be put out there.  There has been too much put out there on the positive side to not just put the negative out there...I know many will disagree but that's never concerned me

Even if it's negative for the player? I'm not saying it is, but I would think they know how to handle it best.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 09, 2014, 02:41:28 pm

No one owes you or I anything.

Very silly expectations.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

jackflash

Oklahoma is not going to give up on Barnett. I don't think he will commit until late January.

Bubba's Bruisers

Would love to have JB, but OT's are what we need.  OT's.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

CDBHawg

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on December 09, 2014, 03:11:09 pm

No one owes you or I anything.

Very silly expectations.

Where did he state that he's "owed" anything?

People that follow recruiting are interested in, wait for it, recruits and where they sign. When our main source in the board posts that a recruit who was expected to sign with us suddenly, of course people want to know why.

It has nothing to to do with being owed anything. It has everything to do with interests and curiosity. Which is all a part of following recruiting.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 09, 2014, 03:29:31 pm
Would love to have JB, but OT's are what we need.  OT's.

We need guards as well. We have 5 on the roster next year and are losing 2 maybe 3.

We have 4 OTs and we are losing 1 maybe 2.

G - 5
Sr. Marcus Dannenhauer
Sr. Sebastian Tretola
Jr. Denver Kirkland
So. Reeve Koehler
Fr. Josh Allen

T- 4
Sr. Austin Beck
Jr. Dan Skipper
Fr. Brian Wallace
Fr. Colton Jackson

The_Iceman

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 09, 2014, 03:44:56 pm
We need guards as well. We have 5 on the roster next year and are losing 2 maybe 3.

We have 4 OTs and we are losing 1 maybe 2.

G - 5
Sr. Marcus Dannenhauer
Sr. Sebastian Tretola
Jr. Denver Kirkland
So. Reeve Koehler
Fr. Josh Allen

T- 4
Sr. Austin Beck
Jr. Dan Skipper
Fr. Brian Wallace
Fr. Colton Jackson

Smothers will be a Senior at Center and Zach Rogers is an incoming Freshman. Frank Ragnow has more than enough talent to move out to a Tackle spot if we are good at Center.

CDBHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 09, 2014, 03:47:21 pm
Smothers will be a Senior at Center and Zach Rogers is an incoming Freshman. Frank Ragnow has more than enough talent to move out to a Tackle spot if we are good at Center.

He very well may. I don't know. I've only heard them speak on him being a Center.