Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Free Publicity

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 08, 2014, 06:47:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

University of Texas Longhorns will have 2015, 2016 & 2017 recruits on hand for bowl practices per their recruiting boards.  Basically the interest level will be drummed up by their media relations department.

The University of Arkansas football coaches task of influencing local talent to tune in on local tv (AT&T U-Verse: Ch. 602, 1602 HD Comcast: Ch. 33, 633 HD) is having the work done for them.

6,000,000+ in a Metro area that incorporates 3 Counties.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 08, 2014, 06:47:23 am

...6,000,000+ in a Metro area that incorporates 3 Counties.

In a State with 26.5 million.

Doing all right for 6-6.

" GO HOGS "

The_Bionic_Pig

Ed Oliver
Dontavious Jackson
Robert Revels

Marvin Wilson

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Oklahawg

I suspect the staff will be recruiting TX hard this week trying to get prospects to come to bowl workouts.

May not help 2015 but 2016 and 2017 will definitely benefit.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

AugustaHog

This is the huge bonus that playing in this game affords as opposed to a place like Birmingham.  It would really be hard to drum up interest in top notch prospects for the Birmingham Bowl.  UT still has a lot of cache and respect at least for their brand.  If we get some kids out to practices and can generate interest, the whooping we're going to lay on the Horns will have an even greater effect.

redeye

Yea, this is big.  I'm sure many Houston players are already aware of us shutting out LSU, so they may already have interest.

The Boar War

Isn't there a dead period during this time?

Richard_white

The Boar War