Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MONDAY bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, December 08, 2014, 12:39:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redeye

Lot's of stars in that update.

Thanks Richard!

scooby21322

Holton Hill and PJ Mbanasor.  Two prospects to get excited about.  Any idea if we have a legitimate shot for either?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: scooby21322 on December 08, 2014, 09:33:22 am
Holtin Hill and PJ Mbanasor.  Two prospects to get excited about.  Any idea if we have a legitimate shot for either?

Mbanasor loves coach Jennings. Was committed to him at TCU.

However, without a visit we have no chance at either.

Uncommon

Quote from: scooby21322 on December 08, 2014, 09:33:22 am
Holton Hill and PJ Mbanasor.  Two prospects to get excited about.  Any idea if we have a legitimate shot for either?
Have a shot at Mbanasor more than Hill.  I think Hill trimmed his list recently and left us out.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: Uncommon on December 08, 2014, 09:45:17 am
Have a shot at Mbanasor more than Hill.  I think Hill trimmed his list recently and left us out.

I was shocked to see Mbanasor's name being mentioned again. I had thought we went our seperate ways for whatever reason(s).
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Huckleberry Pig

thefisher

Thanks RD. Appreciated, as always!
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

skbhog

The Recruiting Guy

Jalen Merrick, Will Gragg and Derrick Graham info in 3:46 updates

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/dec/08/sunday/

Razinhail

Sure hope Merrick likes bacon.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

HOGINTENNESSEE

Merrick and Haughton both with decisions coming soon. Both decisions will have a major impact on who else we take in the class

Bubba's Bruisers

Are we really on Haughton's short list?  Has he visited?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2014, 04:34:40 pm

Word is we've made up a lot of ground on Haughton.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2014, 04:34:40 pm

He visited 10/14. I believe most think it will be OU or Baylor.

But our coaches have been on him really hard

Bubba's Bruisers

Thanks, guys.  I've just always heard we were a longshot.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

flagstaffhog

Love the recruiting tidbits, Davenport.  Waaa!

Go HOGS Go!  Beat the Hell out of Texass!
Go HOGS Go!

JRHoward

Woooo Pig!

Slimac4

That 11:00 update breaks my heart.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: Slimac4 on December 08, 2014, 11:19:14 pm
That 11:00 update breaks my heart.

That was sudden...very odd.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

RazorBassin

colbs

I wonder what happened with Barnett.

WooPig90

Wait what the heck just happened!!

Uncommon

Wow!  This brought me back to earth from my Texas Bowl high.  I'm very sad and now wondering what we do for OL now.  Guess we'll see a slew of new faces come in in January official visits.  Hate that we missed on him.  Especially when things were looking good.   :'(

WooPig90

If he didnt make an announcement saying he chose OU, something must have happened

NLRHog92

Well I know we're going after some big time guys and chances are slimmer, but thought we were going to win him over... And after no Kirkland and feeling behind still on Haughton and Gustin and I feel we're behind FSU on Merrick, we may very well just whiff.

Arkansasno1

RD, we need more info,  what happened?
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

redeye

Quote from: Arkansasno1 on December 09, 2014, 12:14:04 am
RD, we need more info,  what happened?

Did you click on the link he provided?

The real Hogules

Quote from: redeye on December 09, 2014, 12:59:18 am
Did you click on the link he provided?

I would assume that the poster was referring to the Barnett information.
It was out of the blue, with no sort of explanation and totally unexpected.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

jgphillips3

I hope this doesn't mean Pittman is leaving for another job or something.  It's just strange.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 09, 2014, 03:39:08 am
I hope this doesn't mean Pittman is leaving for another job or something.  It's just strange.

A big time recruit decides he isn't coming to Arkansas so we jump to the conclusion that the reason must be that we are losing our OL coach? Kind of a stretch, don't you think?
Go Hogs Go!

jgphillips3

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 09, 2014, 05:40:26 am
A big time recruit decides he isn't coming to Arkansas so we jump to the conclusion that the reason must be that we are losing our OL coach? Kind of a stretch, don't you think?

No.  Not really.  That we hear this at 11:00 on a Monday night is what made me wonder why.  Also, I just said I hope it's not something like that.  Lots of places had this kid leaning more and more our way so what seems like a rather sudden and oddly timed decision makes me wonder why.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 09, 2014, 05:47:20 am
No.  Not really.  That we hear this at 11:00 on a Monday night is what made me wonder why.  Also, I just said I hope it's not something like that.  Lots of places had this kid leaning more and more our way so what seems like a rather sudden and oddly timed decision makes me wonder why.

It could be a lot of things. Maybe he has decided that he wants to stay within a couple of hours of his grandparents? Maybe OU has guaranteed him a starting spot or at least regular playing time as a freshman and with a renewed committment to the run game that they have made, that plays to his physical style. Who knows, it could be that or multiple reasons.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawghiggs

Well, Dang. Sucks about Barnett. I wish him the best.

fullfan

What about all the reports of Barnett wearing Razorback gear around town?  This sounds like something recently "happened" rather than a choice made over time with all things considered.  Kind of sudden that we are getting a matter of fact "he's not coming here" with no other school announcement.  There will be other recruits but really thought we had a shot.

jjdlc

Wow, with all the positive reports, it's hard to imagine what could have happened.

hawg IQ

Quote from: jjdlc on December 09, 2014, 06:27:06 am
Wow, with all the positive reports, it's hard to imagine what could have happened.
you know I had rather someone just say early on they are moving on.
Like the soloman thing last year right up to signing date.  Why yank our chains!?  if he likes OU or elsewhere great ! thanks for letting us know- do we know if it was grades or not?
go hogs go !

Arkansasno1

Quote from: fullfan on December 09, 2014, 06:06:53 am
What about all the reports of Barnett wearing Razorback gear around town?  This sounds like something recently "happened" rather than a choice made over time with all things considered.  Kind of sudden that we are getting a matter of fact "he's not coming here" with no other school announcement.  There will be other recruits but really thought we had a shot.
This is what Im thinking, the way and when it was announced. Something "happened" or "changed".  I really do not believe that he just decided to go to OU like that and not have a commitment ceremony.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

The Hogfather

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 08, 2014, 11:52:16 pm
If he didnt make an announcement saying he chose OU, something must have happened

I agree.  Has to be something going on behind the scenes.

Oklahawg

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 09, 2014, 05:47:20 am

Nah, it was a bit over-reactive.

The pecking order for hearing about a coach leaving does not start with an uncommitted recruit.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

You'll note that UA did not have an in-home with him last week, despite visiting every major target and commitment.  At least, I can't find a report of a visit.

There are several good options:
1. He decided to go elsewhere; loves his Hog gear but likes another school better
2. He is getting pressure to stay in-state; Jay Norvell, OU's recruiting coordinator, is a notoriously gifted negative recruiter (just to name one guy who is out there willing to recruit a player away from another school, even if they won't be signing with his school)
3. Grades? This is that time of year. OU and OSU can get Barnett in where UA cannot. This is a proven fact, year after year, the B12 schools can get the marginal academic transcript onto campus and SEC schools cannot.
4. We have a higher target who is committing? Allen, the UGA commit, or Keaton Sunderland, A&M commit, are the only two OL I know of who might be able to bump Barnett. I take CBB at his word, though, and see us taking the best of whatever position with the last couple of slot, and it is hard to see Barnett not getting one. (Then again, we are hearing a lot more defensive names than offensive names these days....)
5. Who knows.

This isn't about Pittman, I feel confident.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

greenie

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 09, 2014, 07:58:00 am
You'll note that UA did not have an in-home with him last week, despite visiting every major target and commitment.  At least, I can't find a report of a visit.

Totally missed this point, but you're right.  The coaches visited virtually everyone over the last 10 days.  If this is true, and I can see no reason why we don't believe RD, I guess there were signs of it coming.  I had convinced myself that this guy was in the bag.  Maybe there's a positive surprise out there coming to us.  Regardless, this is the price you pay for swinging for the fences. 

ricepig

5. Who knows, and this isn't about Pittman are the two we can be positive on.

OLDHOG

Maybe he's a huge basketball fan. It's strange for sure. Thought we had him. Oh well.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 09, 2014, 07:58:00 am

4. We have a higher target who is committing? Allen, the UGA commit, or Keaton Sunderland, A&M commit, are the only two OL I know of who might be able to bump Barnett. I take CBB at his word, though, and see us taking the best of whatever position with the last couple of slot, and it is hard to see Barnett not getting one. (Then again, we are hearing a lot more defensive names than offensive names these days....)

Wariboko?  Any chance we could get in on Martez Ivey, I don't think he's committed.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 09, 2014, 09:05:59 am
Wariboko?  Any chance we could get in on Martez Ivey, I don't think he's committed.

Can't think you'd leave a top 250 player chasing after a late target. Of course, UA may not see him as a top 250 player. That doesn't sound right either, though, as we have pursued him diligently until very recently.