Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mid Term Signees and Bowl Practice

Started by colbs, December 07, 2014, 09:28:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

I thought mid term signees couldn't participate in bowl practices, but I seen an article on AL.com were Malzahn is quoted saying they may have up to four signees participating in bowl practices. 

Tim Harris

My guess is his "participate" is stand around watching them practice and start learning how they do things.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 08, 2014, 07:26:26 am
My guess is his "participate" is stand around watching them practice and start learning how they do things.

I don't know, if Gus has a key QB coming in, it might be worth it to him to confess to a secondary violation to get him that extra practice time.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Oklahawg

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 08, 2014, 10:13:42 am
I don't know, if Gus has a key QB coming in, it might be worth it to him to confess to a secondary violation to get him that extra practice time.

Who gives a rip about "High School"? His major violation/probation is coming.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 08, 2014, 10:21:02 am
Who gives a rip about "High School"? His major violation/probation is coming.

Doubtful.  The NCAA simply no longer puts "profile" programs on any kind of disciplinary action.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

booogaga

I imagine all he meant by it was that if they enroll they can come in and watch. Learn lingo, see plays develop. Not actually participate.
GO HOGS!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: booogaga on December 08, 2014, 10:41:51 am
I imagine all he meant by it was that if they enroll they can come in and watch. Learn lingo, see plays develop. Not actually participate.

Perhaps, but then if that's the case then he doesn't understand the definition of the word participate.

Standing and watching is not participation.

colbs

Quote from: booogaga on December 08, 2014, 10:41:51 am
Maybe but the article made it seem as they would go through practice.  The article says that they may Participate in bowl practices.  Any recruit even if they are not committed can visit bowl practices. 

COCHISE

I would think the school would have to have final transcripts and the recruit already cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse.

Tim Harris

I just went to see when their bowl game is.  These kids won't even be in school by the time the bowl game is played on Jan 1.

MP24

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 08, 2014, 01:46:30 pm
I just went to see when their bowl game is.  These kids won't even be in school by the time the bowl game is played on Jan 1.

Outback No. 18 Wisconsin vs. No. 19 Auburn Tampa, Fla. Jan. 1, 1 p.m.

They will not be in school yet. Ha!
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: colbs on December 07, 2014, 09:28:53 pm
I thought mid term signees couldn't participate in bowl practices, but I seen an article on AL.com were Malzahn is quoted saying they may have up to four signees participating in bowl practices. 

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/12/gus_malzahn_says_its_possible.html#incart_social_feature

Just saw this and was wondering the same thing.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Laughing Hog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 08, 2014, 10:43:36 am
Perhaps, but then if that's the case then he doesn't understand the definition of the word participate.

Standing and watching is not participation.

In cheater language it does, or apparently it does.  :D
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

bigdaddyhawg

Hogfan46

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on December 08, 2014, 10:13:42 am

So you think the sophomore they have, Jeremy Johnson, who torched us and went 12 for 16 for 243 and two touchdowns in the first half isn't going to cut it for them?  ;)

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Hogfan46 on December 08, 2014, 04:43:08 pm
So you think the sophomore they have, Jeremy Johnson, who torched us and went 12 for 16 for 243 and two touchdowns in the first half isn't going to cut it for them?  ;)

What I think has zip to do with it -- it's what ol' Gus thinks.

I think Johnson is a stud.  But how much of a running threat it he?  And we know how Gus loves his running QB's.

I thought Gus' team this year would have been better served with Johnson at QB, to take advantage of what I considered the most talented WR group in the country.

But Marshall actually improved his throwing this year, and continued to improve as the year went on, so I give Gus and his staff a lot of credit there.

But, honestly, I have no idea whatsoever if Gus actually has a stud running QB coming in with the 2014 recruiting class.

But if there is one, don't doubt for a second Gus has evaluated all angles of taking a secondary violation to give the guy that extra practice.

He's as cold and calculating as they come IMO, and not a bit averse to bending the rules.

hawgwash

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 08, 2014, 01:46:30 pm
Freshmen who start at the normal time in the fall aren't in school at the time fall camp opens.

MP24

Richard said in his Tuesday recruiting tidbits

Gragg is planning to practice with the Hogs next week if his paperwork is completed. Other mid-term enrollees may also do the same.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2014/dec/09/tu/

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: MP24 on December 09, 2014, 02:37:35 pm

Gragg is planning to practice with the Hogs next week if his paperwork is completed. Other mid-term enrollees may also do the same.

What's good for Gus is good for us!!

Nipsey Mussle

BB had dinner with Ty Storey and family last night and Ty says he's definitely starting practice with the team on 12/19 or 12/20 fwiw.

PigPusher

A new recruit must be enrolled in school prior to any participation in school sports activities.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: PigPusher on December 10, 2014, 12:26:43 am
A new recruit must be enrolled in school prior to any participation in school sports activities.
I believe this to be true. The mid term guys can practice since they are enrolled for the spring semester.

downsouthhawg72

Quote from: MP24 on December 09, 2014, 02:37:35 pm

If that does happen then that insures Gragg doesn't take anymore visits which is a good thing & TY Storey gets more valuable reps than he would by just going through spring practice. But would all the midterm recruits practice with us or what ?
DownSouthHawg

MP24

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on December 10, 2014, 02:10:52 am
If that does happen then that insures Gragg doesn't take anymore visits which is a good thing & TY Storey gets more valuable reps than he would by just going through spring practice. But would all the midterm recruits practice with us or what ?

As reported on Monday, Arkansas tight end commitment Will Gragg said he's 100 precent Hog after having an in-home visit with Coach Bret Bielema on Sunday. He plans to sign an athletic financial aid agreement with the Hogs on Friday.