Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamario Bell Question

Started by Dwyane Wade, December 05, 2014, 05:09:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwyane Wade

Does anyone know, Richard maybe, if we are recruiting him as a TE or DE? We have Gragg, O'Grady, Bell, Cantrell, and Krausse, plus Henry and Sprinkle already on campus. Where do you expect all these TEs to fall in the rotation?

Ugly Uncle

He is being recruited as a DE.  Though he is a highly rated TE as well.

Retired Radio Host

alwaysnextyear

Krause will likely be at OT in the spring. Bell is a redshirt at DE. Gragg, O'Grady and Cantrell will have every opportunity to see significant PT.

cass1us

Krause an OT? have you seen this kid in person? He is not an OT. Hes smaller than HH

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: cass1us on December 05, 2014, 08:56:28 am
Krause an OT? have you seen this kid in person? He is not an OT. Hes smaller than HH
He was 260 at reporting. He's an OT or nothing.

hvsupastar

I've heard Bell has some serious academic work to complete.  Particularly test scores
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

NLRHog92

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 05, 2014, 10:00:20 am
He was 260 at reporting. He's an OT or nothing.

It's been quoted by CBB that he'll be a TE.

greenie

Quote from: NLRHog92 on December 05, 2014, 10:08:23 am

Yep.  And to that point, he's much closer to TE size than OT size.  I have a hard time believing he'll transition to OT...maybe DE, but who knows what will happen when Herb gets a hold of him.  To be honest, I don't know much about this kid.  If he was recruited as a TE, he must be pretty athletic.

MP24

Quote from: NLRHog92 on December 05, 2014, 10:08:23 am

CBB is not allowed to quote on Jamario Bell
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

HogInFlorida

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on December 05, 2014, 07:54:27 am
Krause will likely be at OT in the spring. Bell is a redshirt at DE. Gragg, O'Grady and Cantrell will have every opportunity to see significant PT.

Gotta love when people just make things up and state them as fact.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 05, 2014, 05:30:10 am
He is being recruited as a DE.  Though he is a highly rated TE as well.

He could catch balls, from time to time, like Watt, but he will be most needed to become a monster D-end, early on.

Tim Harris

Quote from: MP24 on December 05, 2014, 12:13:52 pm
CBB is not allowed to quote on Jamario Bell

They are talking about Krause. 

It is hard to keep up but the general rule I follow if it is past post 3 in a thread then there is a good chance they are talking about something different than what originally started the thread.

MP24

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 05, 2014, 12:50:20 pm
They are talking about Krause. 

It is hard to keep up but the general rule I follow if it is past post 3 in a thread then there is a good chance they are talking about something different than what originally started the thread.

Thanks, I got lost.
January 01, 2019, 08:53:32 am »
I love me some Chelsea Dungee.

bennyl08

Bell looks a lot better at DE in his highlights than at TE. Not to say he couldn't play TE in the SEC, but he'd make an even better DE.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Melorock089

Many people are excited about Cantrel. I heard that he's going to be used as a H-back?

tophawg19

executed ????????? i hope your meaning excited lol
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bennyl08

Quote from: Melorock089 on December 05, 2014, 07:27:34 pm
Many people are excited about Cantrel. I heard that he's going to be used as a H-back?

Did he end up winning Mr. Oklahoma?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

WBC Hog

I wouldn't be surprised to see CBB make Bell "a star" and let a DE catch TD passes in goal line situations like JJ Watt like another guy said. I see his main position being DE though, since I'm coach and all.

And just my opinion but I doubt we see Gragg and O'Grady play next year. I'd expect one to redshirt. That would leave HH and WG as 1's and Sprinkle and Krause as 2's with Cantrell being an H-back. Just my opinion.

I'm drooling just thinking about this.

BatesvilleHOG

Quote from: WBC Hog on December 06, 2014, 12:09:06 am
I wouldn't be surprised to see CBB make Bell "a star" and let a DE catch TD passes in goal line situations like JJ Watt like another guy said. I see his main position being DE though, since I'm coach and all.

And just my opinion but I doubt we see Gragg and O'Grady play next year. I'd expect one to redshirt. That would leave HH and WG as 1's and Sprinkle and Krause as 2's with Cantrell being an H-back. Just my opinion.

I'm drooling just thinking about this.
Cantrell will play from the get go. He's a freak of nature and the Hogs got a steal with him. He's underrated. O Grady will play before Gragg also. Other than HH, OGrady will be our best pass catching TE since Chris Gragg and DJ Williams.

Will Gragg will not come in and start over Cantrell, Grady, or Sprinkle.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on December 06, 2014, 06:25:11 am
Cantrell will play from the get go. He's a freak of nature and the Hogs got a steal with him. He's underrated. O Grady will play before Gragg also. Other than HH, OGrady will be our best pass catching TE since Chris Gragg and DJ Williams.

Will Gragg will not come in and start over Cantrell, Grady, or Sprinkle.

Gragg's coming in the spring. He will have a whole offseason with the offense and get Herbed up.

Hawg_Thai'd

Getting back to J. Bell, did anyone happen to watch their playoff game? Just curious as to how Bell and Dancy did. What kind of impact did either one have on the game?

As I was reading the Friday tidbits, I had a thought of Junction City and the kind of talent they seem, to me anyway, to put out every now and then. I may be way off base here, but wasn't there another player in the last few years or so that played D1 somewhere? Even if there wasn't, for Dancy and Bell to come out of there at the same time with their talent is good to see (unless you have to play them). Does J.C. normally have some talented kids down there or is it an abnormal occurance?
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

hvsupastar

This JC team is special. They beat Smackover,  who is competing for the 3A state championship, by 2 scores. I've never seen a small school with this kind of team speed. As far as last night Dancy looked like the best player on the field, like he has all season. I just can't wrap my mind around Hogs not wanting him, I'm hoping he's a backup plan or something. Bell didn't really stand out other than looking the part, he didn't play bad JC was just better than Earle at 11 positions so it's hard to shine. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hvsupastar

Oh and Thai'd JC has had a few kids sign with hogs over the last few years.  Byran Jones, Allen Turner. Also that's where James Anderson was from. Per capita that little town has to be the most athletic in the world

Hawg_Thai'd

Thanks for that info. Since you are in that area, do you see any names to keep an eye on for the future? Maybe some players that could go to a Sun Belt team? Also, in your opinion, do you think that it is possible that Dancy is the one shining so bright due to the fact that he has more to prove and get his stock to go up?

Jones and Turner were the names that I had seen, but I just couldn't remember. Who does J.C. play next week? What round will it be?

searkhogfan

JC plays Hazen in the 2A State Championship game next Saturday.

hvsupastar

Dancy actually hasn't played passed halftime since smackover. Going into Earle he was on pace to shatter the state record at 19 yards per carry... As far as future I'm not sure, this senior class was so loaded. They had another kid named Armstrong I'm sure will play college ball somewhere

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 07, 2014, 12:19:54 am
JC plays Hazen in the 2A State Championship game next Saturday.

Thanks. If I would have used my head, I would have looked up in Fearless Friday.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 07, 2014, 12:37:15 am
Dancy actually hasn't played passed halftime since smackover. Going into Earle he was on pace to shatter the state record at 19 yards per carry... As far as future I'm not sure, this senior class was so loaded. They had another kid named Armstrong I'm sure will play college ball somewhere

Huh, Dancy sounds like when Peavy was playing HS. He rarely played a full game his Senior season. I don't think that is a bad thing with some athletes, though. I would think that playing 2A ball, there is only so much you can do in a game to "practice" moves or techniques that will be needed at the next level. Plus, how many of the players go both ways? 80%? They have a workload before the kickoff, so I favor not overworking the players that will in fact be playing at the next level. Case in point being RWIII. While he puts up a lot of yards per game, he is also getting a lot of carries. From the stats I have seen, it looked like he was averaging about 30 carries per game. Perhaps there is no danger and he is properly conditioned to handle all the plays he is involved in, but it just seems to set a player up for fatigue and possible injury. (Sorry for the derail)

Well, good luck to the J.C. boys and hopefully there will be some that can get a free college education that couldn't afford it otherwise.