Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Michigan

Started by greenie, December 02, 2014, 02:47:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Brady Hoke has been released...unfortunately for the scavengers, they only had 7 commits so far.  A couple look pretty nice though.

You can bet Les Miles will get a call, and if he decides to bolt, we may get to scavenge some LSU commits.   :)

JackJohnson

Quote from: greenie on December 02, 2014, 02:47:18 pm
Brady Hoke has been released...unfortunately for the scavengers, they only had 7 commits so far.  A couple look pretty nice though.

You can bet Les Miles will get a call, and if he decides to bolt, we may get to scavenge some LSU commits.   :)

The last thing we need is for miles to leave LSU and they get someone like briles.  Also-  for most those LSU commits are going to go there no matter what bc it is literally home for them

greenie

Quote from: JackJohnson on December 02, 2014, 02:58:13 pm
The last thing we need is for miles to leave LSU and they get someone like briles.  Also-  for most those LSU commits are going to go there no matter what bc it is literally home for them

You're right, but it makes for interesting times.

If it weren't for the fact that Les' team is loaded with young talent, I could see him going.

WooPig90

Do most players that go to LSU go there for Miles? I'd think a lot of players are from Louisiana already so it isnt that hard?

CDBHawg

Quote from: JackJohnson on December 02, 2014, 02:58:13 pm

Miles averages 10.3 wins/year and has won a NC while playing for another. They could worse and have.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 02, 2014, 03:51:25 pm
Miles averages 10.3 wins/year and has won a NC while playing for another. They could worse and have.

A 2 loss NC team impressive

Athog

Quote from: WooPig90 on December 02, 2014, 03:29:40 pm
Do most players that go to LSU go there for Miles? I'd think a lot of players are from Louisiana already so it isnt that hard?

I agree. They go because it is LSU. That does not mean they would not suffer from him leaving.

Tim Harris

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 02, 2014, 03:51:25 pm

On Hogville Miles will always be considered a terrible coach even though we would kill for the type of success he has had.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 03, 2014, 07:08:28 am
On Hogville Miles will always be considered a terrible coach even though we would kill for the type of success he has had.

Only HV would have imploded had he liked his tour of Fville 2 years ago enough to decide to talk to Long about coming here. It was close, and HV would have been  a war zone.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 03, 2014, 07:08:28 am

I think most understand that Less is underachieving with the talent that he has to chose from, so close by. 

Let him go to Michigan and two things will happen:

1. LSU will get better and
2. Michigan will be no better than when Hoke was there.

Then there are his mannerisms that rival Houston Nutts...

jackflash

Miles may one day get fired from LSU. Can't see him leaving all the talent in Louisiana for Michigan.

CDBHawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 03, 2014, 08:37:00 am
I think most understand that Less is underachieving with the talent that he has to chose from, so close by. 

He's the 2nd winningest coach in LSU history. How is that underachieving?

Win percentage wise, he's better than Saban & the highest of any coach that's lasted for more than 25 games.

Chief Mac

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 03, 2014, 08:08:12 am
Only HV would have imploded had he liked his tour of Fville 2 years ago enough to decide to talk to Long about coming here. It was close, and HV would have been  a war zone.

WOULD'VE been a war zone?!?!   I think it has been that with Bielema.  I think the only hires that might have caused less discord would have been Patterson or Peterson
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

alwaysnextyear

Les Miles was never close to becoming the Arkansas coach.

redeye

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 03, 2014, 08:08:12 am

It was close?  He toured Fayetteville?  I missed all that.  Did he really?

Most people seem to think LSU would be better without Miles.  I think they'd likely be worse.  LSU was mediocre for many years with various coaches, so it's surprising that so many people consider Miles a liability.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 03, 2014, 08:37:00 am

How much more success could the guy have?  In 10 years at LSU he has had double digit wins 7 of those.

jackflash

With Florida and Nebraska out of the way. No big school to complete with should be able to get who they want.

Theolesnort

Remember Peter Falk as Columbo? Well there is a connection, Columbo and Les Miles have something in common. Most on here will not get it.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Hoggish1

Quote from: CDBHawg on December 03, 2014, 11:25:21 am

He's the 2nd winningest coach in LSU history. How is that underachieving?

Win percentage wise, he's better than Saban & the highest of any coach that's lasted for more than 25 games.

So, you don't think he's underachieving with all that talent around him?

History at LSU is from the last time they won it all, not all time history.

Achieving at LSU, at this point in their history, is winning the SEC.  When did he do that last?

CDBHawg

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 05, 2014, 12:41:50 pm

Achieving at LSU, at this point in their history, is winning the SEC.  When did he do that last?

Unless he's conference champion, he's underachieving?

He stands a 7% chance to achieve. Alot less than that percentage to overachieve. Yeah, I think I disagree.

Especially in a conference that has national powers.

Up until Miles became their coach, LSU's history was comparable to ours. Since he was hired they've distanced themselves.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 03, 2014, 12:23:00 pm
How much more success could the guy have?  In 10 years at LSU he has had double digit wins 7 of those.

It's been seven years since he won his only BCSNC.  Since then he has that one embarrassing loss to Bama in the return match, which should have never been granted Bama and was a blow to Less, since it game Saban more than a month to prepare against him.

People at LSU think that, with the talent he routinely gets, he should have won more.  That's what success brings you.  Also, historically, he has not had the type of QB to maximize the talent on that team.

Personally, I think he is extremely fortunate to be a LSU because he is not a top tier coach.  Fans at LSU are spoiled and now want more. 

immahog

I don't think he goes an I don't want him to go.....
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

redeye

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 05, 2014, 12:41:50 pm

He last won the SEC in 2011.

I don't think Miles underachieves, but I don't consider him the greatest coach, either.  You can have all the talent in the world and still struggle to win, so it would be foolish to think he's not a very good coach.

I do think Miles might be losing a grip on keeping instate talent home, though.  Seems like they're starting to lose more recruiting battles at home and that may be why their current class is ranked so low.  They supposedly have a lot of young players and will be greatly improved next year, so it'll be interesting to see how much that holds true.

immahog

I think he underachieves for the life of me I can never understand why LSU never has a QB. He has 4 and 5 ** talent born an raised in his backyard, LSU should be running right beside bamma every year

please keep les at LSU
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

redeye

Quote from: immahog on December 05, 2014, 01:55:42 pm
I think he underachieves for the life of me I can never understand why LSU never has a QB. He has 4 and 5 ** talent born an raised in his backyard, LSU should be running right beside bamma every year

please keep les at LSU

I think that's unfair.  But if you're using Alabama as the metric, then who has come closer then LSU?  Not just in the SEC-W, but in the entire nation?  Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 times that LSU has finished higher in the SEC-W then Alabama while Saban was coaching the Tide.  They've definitely been the 2nd best team during those years.

I don't consider Miles an equal to Saban, but who is?  And LSU's program isn't on the same level as Alabama, either.  You could make a good argument that they've been over-achieving, imo.

CDBHawg

Quote from: redeye on December 05, 2014, 02:33:53 pm
I think that's unfair.  But if you're using Alabama as the metric, then who has come closer then LSU?  Not just in the SEC-W, but in the entire nation?  Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 times that LSU has finished higher in the SEC-W then Alabama while Saban was coaching the Tide.  They've definitely been the 2nd best team during those years.

I don't consider Miles an equal to Saban, but who is?  And LSU's program isn't on the same level as Alabama, either.  You could make a good argument that they've been over-achieving, imo.

Exactly. If Saban, Bama, NC's, and SEC titles are the bar for LSU, then all coaches will underachieve there.

The thing most don't realize when they state such is that if Les had of won more titles, then Saban wouldn't have. Then Saban would've been underachieving I suppose.

michaels

Les is unimpressive IMO. his talent has been unbelievable, especially on defense.
he's had great defensive coordinators.
Les is a more successful Houston Nutt.
I think Nutt would've had a similar record if he inherited LSU right after Saban.

hogs24

^^^screen name^^^

LMAO!
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now.