Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tuesday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, December 02, 2014, 12:42:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogg_Phan

Thanks, good to see our coaches hard at work. Best group of recruiting coaches Arkansas has ever had.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

Tusks

Man I hope the Hogs get Merrick & Barnett.

WPS!
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: tusked on December 02, 2014, 01:26:58 pm
Man I hope the Hogs get Merrick & Barnett.

They are putting in the work, that is for sure.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

The_Boot_stops_here

I can't get a read on Merrick...obviously we've got a real shot but he's not tipping his hand...I was really hoping for a commitment either on his official or in-home...also, Patrick Carr...if he has a committable offer, what the heck is the hold up?

Bubba's Bruisers

We need OT's.  OT's!!  I hope Merrick is truly an OT.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Tusks

You've probably seen on the board like me that they are recruiting Merrick as an OT.

If they can pull in Barnett & Merrick, then that's 2 OTs, 2 OG & a C for this class.

I think Ive heard a couple of guys currently on the team can play some OT so if they get 2 OT this class they are in good shape.

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 02, 2014, 01:42:13 pm
We need OT's.  OT's!!  I hope Merrick is truly an OT.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

TMc

Quote from: Hogg_Phan on December 02, 2014, 01:26:55 pm
Thanks, good to see our coaches hard at work. Best group of recruiting coaches Arkansas has ever had.

This, and it isn't close.

Hawgzinbowlz

Glad Junior running back-linebacker Devin White is a cousin of Jared Cornelius.
Ht:6'0" ; Wt:235 lbs ; 40:4.5 secs ; Class:2016 (High School)

" GO HOGS "

WBC Hog

Holy balls. Devin White's stats.... 8) 8) 8)

TMc

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on December 02, 2014, 09:31:38 pm
Glad Junior running back-linebacker Devin White is a cousin of Jared Cornelius.
Ht:6'0" ; Wt:235 lbs ; 40:4.5 secs ; Class:2016 (High School)

" GO HOGS "

He's still going to be tough to pull out of Louisiana.., I don't care who's cousin he is.  This kind of player will / "should" receive a lot of attention from the home school.

NLRHog92

December 06, 2014, 02:56:17 pm #12 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:48:39 pm by NLRHog92
Quote from: TMc on December 06, 2014, 11:30:20 am
He's still going to be tough to pull out of Louisiana.., I don't care who's cousin he is.  This kind of player will / "should" receive a lot of attention from the home school.

LSU is pulling in all kinds of RBs last year and this class. If he felt comfortable here, he'd have a great shot at playing with a similar offense in the same division and with a better coach.

TMc

Quote from: NLRHog92 on December 06, 2014, 02:56:17 pm
LSU is pulling in all kinds of RBs last year and this class. If he felt comfortable here, he'd have a great shot at playing with a similar offense in the same devision and with a better coach.

You are 100% accurate.., but I still remember Gerald Honeycutt spurning us and his cousin Scotty Thurman in going to Tulane. The cousin part is the thing that holds no guarantees. However, Fournette will be a Jr by the time he is a Freshman, and I'm sure LSU will sell him on the fact he can come in and take his place.  Granted that he's good enough.., and he seems to be.

TMc

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 02, 2014, 01:38:22 pm
I can't get a read on Merrick...obviously we've got a real shot but he's not tipping his hand...I was really hoping for a commitment either on his official or in-home...also, Patrick Carr...if he has a committable offer, what the heck is the hold up?

Everything points to us on Merrick, but my gut says he stays home.  If we were 5-6 hours closer.., then I think we would be a lock. Hope I am wrong - we need this guy. As far as Carr goes.., I think they are on some backs committed to other schools they must feel good about.  Not saying they won't take Carr - but I "think" we may be holding Carr up possibly.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TMc on December 08, 2014, 08:09:52 pm
Everything points to us on Merrick, but my gut says he stays home.  If we were 5-6 hours closer.., then I think we would be a lock. Hope I am wrong - we need this guy. As far as Carr goes.., I think they are on some backs committed to other schools they must feel good about.  Not saying they won't take Carr - but I "think" we may be holding Carr up possibly.

Are you saying Carr is leaning to us?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Scott7703

I think you are dead on with Carr. I personally believe we are after a highly rated rb.

jackflash

I like all the DB that Jennings is talking too. May be the best group of DB we have ever got to talk to us. Wonder if Hill is going to the bowl game because of Hogs or Texas?

WBC Hog

One of my favorites in this class has been Ronald Jones, who is committed to Ok State. Idk if I'm dreaming a little too much on that or not.

ldfergu

Quote from: WBC Hog on December 08, 2014, 09:36:05 pm
One of my favorites in this class has been Ronald Jones, who is committed to Ok State. Idk if I'm dreaming a little too much on that or not.

Why haven't we offered any of the 3 rb's committed to Miami?  They are ranked #7, #8 and #10 - all 4* running backs.  247 shows offers from everybody but us

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on December 08, 2014, 10:30:06 pm
Why haven't we offered any of the 3 rb's committed to Miami?  They are ranked #7, #8 and #10 - all 4* running backs.  247 shows offers from everybody but us

You don't recruit off of other opinions. You recruit off your own evaulation . .

ldfergu

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 08, 2014, 11:02:11 pm
You don't recruit off of other opinions. You recruit off your own evaulation . .

I realize that. Just odd that we haven't offered any when we place so much emphasis on FL

The_Bionic_Pig

Nah....Arkansas Coaches have been to (MCO) Orlando International more times this year than I have and it's 20 minutes from me. They were also checking out Elite 16' prospects that already have double-digit offers... 8)
The only legitimate threat is FSU and Imo they are just a option. 
Arkansas easily leads...

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

greenie

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 09, 2014, 05:19:41 am
Nah....Arkansas Coaches have been to (MCO) Orlando International more times this year than I have and it's 20 minutes from me. They were also checking out Elite 16' prospects that already have double-digit offers... 8)
Arkansas easily leads...

Thanks for the insight.  I sure hope you're right.  With the news that Barnett is probably going elsewhere, Merrick becomes that much more important. 

TMc

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on December 09, 2014, 05:19:41 am
Arkansas easily leads...

Glad to hear that brother.., WE need Merrick in this class.., I know Sam is supposed to see him tomorrow night (I think).  He's a mid-termer so we should know soon.  I was a little nervous about him staying close to home.

TMc

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2014, 08:16:19 pm
Are you saying Carr is leaning to us?

Well I can't say that for certain..., but just reading here and there - it seems that way to me.  At one point, the next RB was going to be Carr or West - whoever committed to us first.., then all of a sudden we are slowing down on both.  I think if they put the full court press on either one - they could get one of them to commit.  They seem to be chasing (in their eyes) better backs.