Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LaMichael Pettway

Started by RAZORHOGG15, November 27, 2014, 10:47:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bpoecell

Pork Twain

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 03, 2014, 09:04:55 am
So, we are a team that usually has two TE's and a RB on the field. In passing downs, there is always an RB and TE. So at most, we can have 3 WR's on the field at once.

That is a lot of WR's for a power running team. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of those transfer, like maybe Mitchell and Hawkins.
I would assume some of those will move on or be moved, but our numbers are not really any different than Bama or LSU.  It takes depth to develop WRs and that is what we have.  Not all will make it and coaches must plan for that.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

The_Iceman

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 04, 2014, 11:35:24 am
I would assume some of those will move on or be moved, but our numbers are not really any different than Bama or LSU.  It takes depth to develop WRs and that is what we have.  Not all will make it and coaches must plan for that.

We do go much heavier with 2 TE's, especially in the passing game. Which I like, because the more consistent you can be with your formations, the harder it is for the defense to guess. That just only leaves room  for usually 2 WR's on the field at once.

wildhogman

Quote from: Razorbax on December 04, 2014, 10:09:30 am
Were you a fan in 2010? LSU and playing for the right to play in a BCS game ring a bell? 2011? Cotton Bowl and finishing number 5?  As for Charlie's defense......He has given up 40 or more 3 times this year. So it happens.
I'll be happy to continue this in MMQB, but not here. This is about future recruits, not past coaching blunders.

Razorbax

Quote from: wildhogman on December 04, 2014, 11:54:20 am
I'll be happy to continue this in MMQB, but not here. This is about future recruits, not past coaching blunders.

You asked the question.....I answered. With that said, rightfully, it should be about Pettway not CBP.

Razorbax

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 04, 2014, 11:49:50 am
We do go much heavier with 2 TE's, especially in the passing game. Which I like, because the more consistent you can be with your formations, the harder it is for the defense to guess. That just only leaves room  for usually 2 WR's on the field at once.

I am a huge fan of the 12 offense and if done well, it prevents the defense from going to 8 man fronts. 12 offense allows a team greater flexibility and forces a defense to be balanced.

lumphog

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 04, 2014, 11:49:50 am
Good stuff

Pork Twain

Reminds me a lot of NE with Gronk and the Killer.  I am ok with that but still believe the Arkansas' roster needs to contain 8-10 WRs.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

wildhogman

Quote from: Razorbax on December 04, 2014, 12:06:10 pm
You asked the question.....I answered. With that said, rightfully, it should be about Pettway not CBP.
NM

#1 STUNNA

After watching the Warren Dardanelle game tonight... Pettway should have had the ball thrown to him everytime

greenie

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 05, 2014, 10:36:41 pm
After watching the Warren Dardanelle game tonight... Pettway should have had the ball thrown to him everytime

Did he get the ball at all?  Sorry, I'm in TN and have no realtime info on Ark HS football.  Thanks.

hawgwash

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 05, 2014, 10:36:41 pm
Huh?  Pettway plays for Nashville.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: hawgwash on December 06, 2014, 10:29:38 am
Huh?  Pettway plays for Nashville.

When Dardanelle played nashville last weekend they should have thrown him the ball everytime, from what I saw from the warren/Dardanelle game last night

RussVegas Hawg

December 06, 2014, 12:04:39 pm #113 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:25:27 pm by RussVegas Hawg
Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 06, 2014, 11:39:26 am
When Dardanelle played nashville last weekend they should have thrown him the ball everytime, from what I saw from the warren/Dardanelle game last night

And #1 would've been there every time just as he was the 20 times they did throw it to him. #1 played corner vs Nashville cause they knew Pettway was it at WR. Couldn't vs Warren cause they've got a couple good WR's to go to. Please don't try and take away from Dardanelle they were every bit as good as Warren last night. Warren got every bounce and break a team could get and won by 1 point.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on December 06, 2014, 12:04:39 pm
And #1 would've been there every time just as he was the 20 times they did throw it to him. #1 played corner vs Nashville cause they knew Pettway was it at WR. Couldn't vs Warren cause they've got a couple good WR's to go to. Please don't try and take away from Dardanelle they were every bit as good as Warren last night. Warren got every bounce and break a team could get and won by 1 point.
Warren moved all there playmakers around. Which is what nashville should have done. Warren won last night because of a low amount of penalties and zero turnovers. Dardanelle lost last night because of penalties and a costly turnover. As bad as Warren played offensively they were never out of the game. Dardanelle had a very solid team though and could have easily won the game if they would have changed up there gameplan and same with warren. Warren was outcoached the first half and Dardanelle was outcoached the second half.

MH04

#1 from Dardanelle is Chris Kershner. Anybody know anything about this kid he can flat out fly.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2813172/highlights/166612375

#1 STUNNA

On film and from what I have heard he is a stud. But last night against Warren he was a non factor.

RussVegas Hawg

He is a stud. Just a little small. Very physical and smart player and yes he can flat out run.

He was behind the Warren secondary on a few occasions and they just couldn't connect.

Warrens "bad" offensive game had a lot to do with Dardanelle's Defense.

#1 STUNNA

Dardanelle has a very solid team. Warrens success came from throwing the ball over the middle not sure why we didn't do it more often or everytime. And warrens defense did a dang good job also.