Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LaMichael Pettway

Started by RAZORHOGG15, November 27, 2014, 10:47:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RAZORHOGG15

Just read in Louisville news paper that La'michael Pettway is visiting Louisville for the game on Saturday.  Any worries here?
ONE TEAM ONE HEART ONE GOAL

Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness

hollywood hog

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on November 27, 2014, 10:47:01 am
Just read in Louisville news paper that La'michael Pettway is visiting Louisville for the game on Saturday.  Any worries here?

nope

Dwyane Wade

Talked to Pettway at Ole Miss game. Him, Gragg, and Hill are SOLID

Bubba's Bruisers

Does anybody know what position the staff thinks best fits him? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 27, 2014, 11:08:40 am
Does anybody know what position the staff thinks best fits him?
Safety or OLB.  He won't play WR.
All Gas, No Brakes!

alwaysnextyear

Dwyane Wade

According to him he will be a WR.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

IBleedRazorbackRed

Recruited as an athlete. They'll probably get him on campus and see where he's best. My guess would be safety tho.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: RAZORHOGG15 on November 27, 2014, 10:47:01 am

No doubt, Bobby Petrino's charming personality and recruiting pitch to a recruit's parents can be convincing.  I can just hear him now.  Mr. and Mrs. recruit's parents, let me be your son's mentor and role model for the next few years.  If he pays attention he just might learn the same morals as I have. I can mold him to be the type of man I am. 

h0gfan6

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 27, 2014, 12:37:37 pm
No doubt, Bobby Petrino's charming personality and recruiting pitch to a recruit's parents can be convincing.  I can just hear him now.  Mr. and Mrs. recruit's parents, let me be your son's mentor and role model for the next few years.  If he pays attention he just might learn the same morals as I have. I can mold him to be the type of man I am. 

His motorcycle tour of campus gets rave reviews.

LSPRazorbac

This kid keeps growing could grow into a DE. 

I think I read or heard somewhere that his H.S. coach thinks he will grow to around 6-4 and be 240+ lbs.

Be interesting how he develops physically.

hawgmasta

People keep saying he will grow into a different position but we could sure use a 6-4 215+ wideout right now. He looks like exactly what we need at receiver.

Hellafied

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 29, 2014, 02:41:40 am
People keep saying he will grow into a different position but we could sure use a 6-4 215+ wideout right now. He looks like exactly what we need at receiver.
.  Exactly. I remember this reciever Ohio state had a while ago. Name was David Boston. He was like 6'3 235.  You couldn't jam him at the line of scrimmage 

#1 STUNNA

Hopefully we get him the ball more than his high school coach does

Music City Hog

Gragg:

@W_Gragg7: Just touched down in Oxford! #HottyToddy

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 29, 2014, 09:46:57 am
Gragg:

Free ticket to watch that game?!?!? I'd be all over it!
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: theenemy on November 27, 2014, 02:22:08 pm
This kid keeps growing could grow into a DE. 

I think I read or heard somewhere that his H.S. coach thinks he will grow to around 6-4 and be 240+ lbs.

Be interesting how he develops physically.
Jamaal Anderson

WooPig90

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 29, 2014, 09:46:57 am
Gragg:

Why say HottyToddy when you are committed to the Hogs? Makes no sense

redeye

Quote from: WooPig90 on November 30, 2014, 12:32:20 am

Probably just being respectful.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: WooPig90 on November 30, 2014, 12:32:20 am

Cause if he said woo pig, he'd have to buy his own ticket home
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

searkhogfan

Can't blame any of these kids for taking these visits.  It's Free, they get Treated like Royalty. And if the school wants them bad enough, some hot little Ho-Ed is probably going to show them a good time. Heck, I wish they'd recruit me.

But lighten up, Louise. They're all Hog

searkhogfan

Where have you been?  They do it every year!!!!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on November 27, 2014, 12:37:37 pm

...and, I'm an expert at teaching a lad how to ride a Harley...

hogfan2000

O'grady is the best tight end in this state, and it's really not close.  I hope the Gragg kid comes to the University of Arkansas, but if he doesn't we will be just fine at the TE position. I wonder why Bell and Storey aren't out there visiting every school the can visit if that's normal behavior  after a commitment.   

Deuce Pigelow

On ch 11 pre-game show, Jim Harris said Pettway runs a legit 4.3. Is that true? Anybody see him play?

jjdlc

Seriously, it happens every year, hundreds of recruits who commit early, take all 5 official visits, and still end up where they initially committed to.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that out of those hundreds, most of them have no intention of going anywhere other than their original commitment.

pigsareflying

Quote from: jjdlc on November 30, 2014, 10:38:47 am
Seriously, it happens every year, hundreds of recruits who commit early, take all 5 official visits, and still end up where they initially committed to.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out that out of those hundreds, most of them have no intention of going anywhere other than their original commitment.
Wasn't Pettway originally committed to Ole Miss? js   I think he will be a hog.

Capt. Hamm

November 30, 2014, 11:38:07 am #28 Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:51:04 am by Capt. Hamm
Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on November 30, 2014, 10:25:00 am
On ch 11 pre-game show, Jim Harris said Pettway runs a legit 4.3. Is that true? Anybody see him play?
I saw the playoff game against Dardanelle Friday. Dardanelle had a DB that had him covered up. Pettway looked very average to me.

jjdlc

Quote from: pigsareflying on November 30, 2014, 11:22:19 am
   Wasn't Pettway originally committed to Ole Miss? js   I think he will be a hog.

I said in my post, it does happen, just not very often.  Also, Pettway was committed out of state, and flipped to in state school, that is a lot more likely than from the in state school to out of state.

I'd love to see some statistics on the % of committed recruits who flip.  Especially broken down by different details of the flip.

Dwyane Wade

I love how I talk to the players personally and they say they are going to be Hogs, yet the negative Nancy's are still flipping out. Ask yourself how many times Pettway, Gragg, and Hill have visited Arkansas this year. Over half the games! Yet you guys are worried about 1 visit to another school lol.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on November 30, 2014, 11:38:07 am
I saw the playoff game against Dardanelle Friday. Dardanelle had a DB that had him covered up. Pettway looked very average to me.

I saw DMac get shut down by Alma.  He looked less than average that game.  I watched the Arkansas Razorbacks make Amari Cooper look like Crosby Tuck earlier this year.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

hogdiggity

Quote from: Deuce Pigelow on November 30, 2014, 10:25:00 am

Downhill with a tailwind maybe.  He is prob a legit 4.45 or so.  Seen him in football and track, not spectacular in either

hawgwild child

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on November 30, 2014, 11:38:07 am
Heard the same from a buddy of mine.  Targeted 19 times and caught 4.  He is from dardanelle and talks big about that DB, kershner believe.  Said he thinks he's D1 but is to small.  Said A-State is looking at him

Oklahawg

Quote from: Fort Dweller on November 30, 2014, 12:18:53 pm
I saw DMac get shut down by Alma.  He looked less than average that game.  I watched the Arkansas Razorbacks make Amari Cooper look like Crosby Tuck earlier this year.

Nice Tuck reference.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ChicoHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 30, 2014, 10:33:12 pm
Nice Tuck reference.
Yes.  he was a pretty decent WR before he got hurt.

WBC Hog

After the story that came out about the 3* QB that was committed to Mississippi State for over a year, Mullen and staff encourage him to graduate early, and then pull his scholly roughly 2 weeks before he graduate high school?.. I won't gripe about any kid taking visits after they're committed just to have a backup plan.

Ask Darius Philon how he feels about it.

HogsInaBlanket

from everything I have read it looks like these guys want to make sure they have a back up plan if there is an "incident" similar to the bp scandal. They don't want to be ass out on national signing day if that happened.

Mark_Freeman

Quote from: hawgwild child on November 30, 2014, 06:08:00 pm
Heard the same from a buddy of mine.  Targeted 19 times and caught 4.  He is from dardanelle and talks big about that DB, kershner believe.  Said he thinks he's D1 but is to small.  Said A-State is looking at him

The Kershner kid from Dardanelle won our (River Valley Leader) high school track award last year as a freshman. He is really small, but can fly. Still, though, I have no idea how a 6'3 D1 receiver can be shut down by a 150 pound sophomore. I hope Kershner continues to grow and develop, because I've heard nothing but good things about him and would love to see him go somewhere to play in college.

The_Iceman

Maybe this is why there are rumors about Pettway being recruiting as an athlete....either WR or Safety.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Mark_Freeman on December 01, 2014, 10:56:43 am
The Kershner kid from Dardanelle won our (River Valley Leader) high school track award last year as a freshman. He is really small, but can fly. Still, though, I have no idea how a 6'3 D1 receiver can be shut down by a 150 pound sophomore. I hope Kershner continues to grow and develop, because I've heard nothing but good things about him and would love to see him go somewhere to play in college.

I watched Sharieff Shabazz shutdown Matt Jones.  How did a D2 player shutdown a first round NFL draft pick?

Was the QB accurate?  Did Pettway have drops?  Was it man to man all game?  Was there safety help?  Did they zone him?  Was the QB under pressure?

Sometimes people play out of their minds and look all world.  Sometimes all world forget how to play.  Sometimes those two things coincide. 

One game.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Mark_Freeman

Quote from: Fort Dweller on December 01, 2014, 11:09:45 am
I watched Sharieff Shabazz shutdown Matt Jones.  How did a D2 player shutdown a first round NFL draft pick?

Was the QB accurate?  Did Pettway have drops?  Was it man to man all game?  Was there safety help?  Did they zone him?  Was the QB under pressure?

Sometimes people play out of their minds and look all world.  Sometimes all world forget how to play.  Sometimes those two things coincide. 

One game.

Those things you listed are all reasons I have "no idea", haha. I've talked to a few who watched the game and weren't impressed with LP, but I didn't get to watch. Someone earlier said he was targeted a ton of times, but I don't know what the D was doing. I am glad to see Dardanelle playing well though. It's rough going in the Valley right now in football.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Mark_Freeman on December 01, 2014, 11:21:25 am

Those things you listed are all reasons I have "no idea", haha. I've talked to a few who watched the game and weren't impressed with LP, but I didn't get to watch. Someone earlier said he was targeted a ton of times, but I don't know what the D was doing. I am glad to see Dardanelle playing well though. It's rough going in the Valley right now in football.

I am reminded of the numerous posters who were stunned we offered Jake Bequette. They called him ordinary and unimpressive. Rarely made tackles, they said. Rarely impacted plays, they said. Turns out he was being double-teamed or the opponents went the other way to avoid him.

Teams avoid good DBs by not throwing at them, so the DB winds up with low INT and tackle counts.

WR have performances surpressed by issues they can't control - double coverage, bad QB play, etc. You put a waterbug on Pettway and it will take a good QB to get him the ball. The DB is able to keep up with him and the QB must make good throws (or the OC make good calls). In HS it is very likely that this happened.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

razorfrog

Ok couple things on Pettway.  First of all he is no where near a 4.4 guy.  He isnt even top 3 fastest on his H.S. team.  Do you people know how fast 4.4 is?  Johnny Manziel didnt break 4.5.  He is a 4.65 kid-fact.  He does not have the frame to play LB or DE so just stop with all that talk.  Ideal weight for him would be around 215-220 pounds.  Safety or WR

wholehog92

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 01, 2014, 12:04:07 pm

WR have performances surpressed by issues they can't control - double coverage, bad QB play, etc. You put a waterbug on Pettway and it will take a good QB to get him the ball. The DB is able to keep up with him and the QB must make good throws (or the OC make good calls). In HS it is very likely that this happened.

Especially in the playoffs.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

NLRHog92

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 01, 2014, 12:04:07 pm
I am reminded of the numerous posters who were stunned we offered Jake Bequette. They called him ordinary and unimpressive. Rarely made tackles, they said. Rarely impacted plays, they said. Turns out he was being double-teamed or the opponents went the other way to avoid him.

Teams avoid good DBs by not throwing at them, so the DB winds up with low INT and tackle counts.

Debatable. A great WR will go and get the ball, especially against someone half a foot shorter. But a throw does have to be in the area at least and there has to be some proper timing.

PorkRinds

Quote from: razorfrog on December 01, 2014, 12:15:39 pm
Ok couple things on Pettway.  First of all he is no where near a 4.4 guy.  He isnt even top 3 fastest on his H.S. team.  Do you people know how fast 4.4 is?  Johnny Manziel didnt break 4.5.  He is a 4.65 kid-fact.  He does not have the frame to play LB or DE so just stop with all that talk.  Ideal weight for him would be around 215-220 pounds.  Safety or WR

Here we go again.  How do you have all these "legit" numbers on every Arkansas signee? 

hogdiggity

Quote from: Mark_Freeman on December 01, 2014, 10:56:43 am

Nashvilles qb was using the heave and hope pass method.  Also the OC for Nashville made some bad mistakes by not using the middle of the field with Pettway, ran him on sideline routes mostly, ther was nobody to help the db in the middle of the field.

#1 STUNNA

I would have thrown to Pettway every time. The DB was 7-8 yards off the whole game and they didn't take advantage of quick hitches and slants. And it didn't help that the qb had no accuracy. You have to do whatever it takes to get your best player the ball and the oc for nashville did a bad job of that

#1 STUNNA

I have some friends from nashville that say he will play receiver. Not a very good tackler just really good at pass defense.