Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How concerned should we be that KJ Hill is only a soft verbal.....

Started by MountainHomeHogger, November 20, 2014, 08:39:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainHomeHogger

Is he not fully committed?  I thought he was but now hearing different, is it because our offense?  Is it because another school is hitting him hard?  Any answers out there?

PorkRinds

I heard RD say he'd be surprised if he didn't end up here.  I don't think he committed if he was going to end up flipping.  But he's taking visits, so that's why he's likely considered a soft verbal.  He's likely just enjoying the process and getting all his visits paid for.  I'd do the same thing if I was in his shoes.  Visits to the best colleges in the country? Amazing meals, and everything paid for?  Sure.  That said, there's always a chance if he's taking visits.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

1highhog

Its not because of our Offense.  If he comes here, and works hard, he'll get plenty of balls thrown his way.  We need a WR that can stretch the field, I'm not sure what KJ's speed is like, but that's what we need, a receiver that can get separation and run great routes, if he can do that, he'll see the field plenty starting next year.

Wildhog

Getting him committed in the first place was the hard part.  Not worried about keeping him committed.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

NLRHog92

He's starting to build a bond with all of the committed players and he's not going to spurn the home state after already committing. He's just doing the Millennial kid thing and taking free visits, him and Gragg both. They're really good friends and may have discussed that together, but they're not burning bridges by taking the visits and getting more exposure. He will play almost immediately here and could be him returning punts. So overall, he's not going anywhere but here, but simply enjoying the travel opportunities when he can!

MountainHomeHogger

Quote from: 1highhog on November 20, 2014, 09:08:29 am
Its not because of our Offense.  If he comes here, and works hard, he'll get plenty of balls thrown his way.  We need a WR that can stretch the field, I'm not sure what KJ's speed is like, but that's what we need, a receiver that can get separation and run great routes, if he can do that, he'll see the field plenty starting next year.
I couldn't agree more with this! 

ricepig

Smokehouse

Seems to me like there's been much ado about nothing regarding some of Hill's comments. Sounds to me like he's been being polite to reporters for other schools when he goes on his visits and some are panicking over his statements.

How many times have we had a recruit come in and say something like "oh, I could see myself still considering Arkansas" when we know there's no chance he reconsiders his current commitment.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

1highhog

Hill is all Hog.  If I was in his shoes, as poor as I grew up, I'd be taking every school visit I would be eating and poking every thing they threw at me.

Edit, I meant eating and taking everything they threw at me.  Hope that clears that up.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 20, 2014, 11:25:24 am
Where is he visiting?

I heard Ohio State, Florida, and Alabama, along with us and one more I can't remember right now.

The_Iceman

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: 1highhog on November 20, 2014, 11:16:42 am
Hill is all Hog.  If I was in his shoes, as poor as I grew up, I'd be taking every school visit I would be eating and poking every thing they threw at me.

Edit, I meant eating and taking everything they threw at me.  Hope that clears that up.

You were right the first time. 

NLRHog92

Quote from: 1highhog on November 20, 2014, 11:16:42 am

Completely unnecessary.

NLRHog92

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 20, 2014, 11:27:34 am
I heard Ohio State, Florida, and Alabama, along with us and one more I can't remember right now.

No Florida. Ohio State, Okie Lite and Bama, all in January.

The real Hogules

I doubt that he'd be trying to convince K. Allen to flip to the UofA from Florida if he, himself was unsure about his own destination.
Hill's all Hog!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Bubba's Bruisers

Call me naïve, and I know things can change in a hurry, but there's just nobody on the commit list that gives me the feeling that someone is soft or wavering. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

razorbacker3

IBleedRazorbackRed

PorkRinds

1highhog

Quote from: NLRHog92 on November 20, 2014, 12:04:37 pm
Completely unnecessary.

Please explain why you think this is unneccasry, what do you think most schools do in their recruiting tactics, especially some of the bigger and richer schools?  I happen to know firsthand what they get offered, and it isn't always just $100 handshakes, Club Risqué down the road from Gainesville got underage visitors in during recruiting trips.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

hawgball9401

Jason Snavely Tweet:
"Just spoke w/#Hogs' commit KJ Hill.  I asked him, "Still #Razorbacks all the way man?"  He answered, "For now, yeah."

nonoffensiveposter

I think he still comes here in the end, Though the right hire at Florida may cause him to think hard. My understanding is he and the family really like CBB and KJ has a good bond with some players and recruits, but his family has concerns about the future QB situation. They are big Ty Story fans and worry that CBB will be more loyal to the QB's that have been here waiting their turn rather than put the most talented out there.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hey Super

Quote from: MountainHomeHogger on November 20, 2014, 08:39:01 am
Is he not fully committed?  I thought he was but now hearing different, is it because our offense?  Is it because another school is hitting him hard?  Any answers out there?

Pretty sure he said from day 1 that he would still be taking his visits too.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

jgphillips3

I live in NLR.  I'm a friend and neighbor of the Bolding family.  While I don't often press them on these things so as not to be that guy, I have not heard anything to suggest he is going anywhere but Arkansas.  Is he open to being floored by someone else and being polite when asked about his openness, yes.  He is a sharp kid and I fully expect him to be running through the A next year.  If I hear any differently, I'll post it.

TeedupHigh

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on November 20, 2014, 05:24:35 pm
I think he still comes here in the end, Though the right hire at Florida may cause him to think hard. My understanding is he and the family really like CBB and KJ has a good bond with some players and recruits, but his family has concerns about the future QB situation. They are big Ty Story fans and worry that CBB will be more loyal to the QB's that have been here waiting their turn rather than put the most talented out there.

Really?  You got the inside skinny on this uh?  Do you really believe that CBB would not play the best guy for the job?  If the HOGS have to play a true freshman next year we will be in BIG, BIG, BIG TROUBLE!  This nothing but pure  BS!!

Smokehouse

Anyone who watches SEC football will know that going with a fifth-year senior who has shown consistent improvement will be a better option that a first-year starter.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hawgzinbowlz

Is CBB aware of this situation? Have you made anyone in the program aware of these concerns? Would Ty, Rafe, Austin or Brandon be the optimum choice to entice K.J. to be A Hog. Would his family be comfortable with K.J.s decision or would they prefer to make the choice for K.J. ? Thanks for the information.

" GO HOGS "

warhog943006

I think he will still come to Arkansas but, I figure that he is just taking in the sights. Think about it he gets treated like a rock star everywhere he goes and just the experience would have to ROCK!!! We are headed to the Ole Miss game this weekend and we will be bringing back win number six and start wondering what bowl we need to buy tickets for!!!                   I JUST THANK THE GOOD LORD THAT HE MADE ME A RAZORBACK! :razorback:

1highhog

If anyone on this Board thinks that Storey can come in here as a true freshman and take over the starting job from a Senior that's shown consistent improvement every year here and by next year will have complete control over this Offense, then I want some of what your smoking.  They've talked about how complicated this Offense is, and there's no way a kid is coming out of High School, learning every play in the playbook and taking over next year.  So if that's what KJ is hoping for, he needs to hope on something else.

Pork Twain

When it comes to this staff, I am not worried at all about recruiting
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

nonoffensiveposter

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on November 20, 2014, 08:35:22 pm
Is CBB aware of this situation? Have you made anyone in the program aware of these concerns? Would Ty, Rafe, Austin or Brandon be the optimum choice to entice K.J. to be A Hog. Would his family be comfortable with K.J.s decision or would they prefer to make the choice for K.J. ? Thanks for the information.

" GO HOGS "

I don't know, why don't you ask him.

nonoffensiveposter

Quote from: TeedupHigh on November 20, 2014, 07:33:36 pm
Really?  You got the inside skinny on this uh?  Do you really believe that CBB would not play the best guy for the job?  If the HOGS have to play a true freshman next year we will be in BIG, BIG, BIG TROUBLE!  This nothing but pure  BS!!

The lack of reading comprehension skills by some on this board never cease to amaze me. Yes, I do have some skinny on this, and I was not the one that had these concerns, read again. I was privy to conversation that a close friend of mine was having with the party stating the concern. His view was that in accompanying KJ to visits, he liked what he saw from Peavy more than what he has seen from BA. the prospect of Storey (whom they love)having to wait his turn behind AA makes him nervous. I do not know if KJ shares the same feelings or not. Deal with it.

smb

I'll be concerned on National signing day when all the names are known but not untill then.
GeorgiaHOG

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on November 21, 2014, 08:16:20 am
I don't know, why don't you ask him.
I was hoping you had some skinny on this...or were privy to some conversations.

Quote from: nonoffensiveposter on November 21, 2014, 08:33:43 am
... Yes, I do have some skinny on this... I was privy to conversation that a close friend of mine was having with the party stating the concern... Deal with it.
Thanks for the skinny. Your privy makes it easier to deal with. Thanks for the info.

" GO HOGS "

1highhog

Well, any recruit out there needs to understand that next year BA is going to be the starter, on that I'd bet my house.  Now, that doesn't mean that we may see Peavy in some special package on offense a few times and start to see more of Austin, but Storey is going to RS and that's for the good of the program,  just like I wish we could see more of our Lineman of both sides of the ball all RS, they may have the body for it but known of them have the experience to play against the SEC in their 1st year IMO.

AugustaHog

Yeah I think BA will be the starter for sure next year.  The year after, I believe it will be a total free for all.  CBB is not going to play favorites.  He has clearly played the best available player at every spot to this point, regardless of hurt feelings.  Look at Will Hines.  Just because he has been here and was a key player in the past did not mean he was entitled to that spot.  You have to earn your PT.  If we had a QB better than BA this year, that guy would be starting.  If Rafe, Austin, or heck even Storey, step up and dominate the spring, you can bet there will be some type of competition as the fall starts.

1highhog

Quote from: AugustaHog on November 21, 2014, 02:26:32 pm
Yeah I think BA will be the starter for sure next year.  The year after, I believe it will be a total free for all.  CBB is not going to play favorites.  He has clearly played the best available player at every spot to this point, regardless of hurt feelings.  Look at Will Hines.  Just because he has been here and was a key player in the past did not mean he was entitled to that spot.  You have to earn your PT.  If we had a QB better than BA this year, that guy would be starting.  If Rafe, Austin, or heck even Storey, step up and dominate the spring, you can bet there will be some type of competition as the fall starts.

Agreed.

jgphillips3

If Ty is the real deal, he will replace BA after he graduates. Unless BA is hurt, he is gonna be the QB next season.  That is just fact.  After next season, I see AA being muscled aside by either Rafe or Ty (or both).  However, just like Rafe wasn't going to play this year barring emergency, Ty won't play next year barring emergency.  QB at the highest level of D1 requires extraordinary talent or extraordinary insight for a freshman, whether Redshirt or True to have a chance of seeing the field.  We don't need to throw Ty to the wolves.  Let him grow, learn and take the spot when he is ready.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 23, 2014, 05:18:59 pm
If Ty is the real deal, he will replace BA after he graduates. Unless BA is hurt, he is gonna be the QB next season.  That is just fact.  After next season, I see AA being muscled aside by either Rafe or Ty (or both).  However, just like Rafe wasn't going to play this year barring emergency, Ty won't play next year barring emergency.  QB at the highest level of D1 requires extraordinary talent or extraordinary insight for a freshman, whether Redshirt or True to have a chance of seeing the field.  We don't need to throw Ty to the wolves.  Let him grow, learn and take the spot when he is ready.

Pretty much how I see it too.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

1highhog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 23, 2014, 05:18:59 pm

No chance of Ty starting next year even if BA is lost for the Season, he's a good high school QB no doubt, but unless he's been studying the playbook the last year or so to get a headstart yell are fooling yourself thinking he's starting over Austin or Rafe next season.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: 1highhog on November 23, 2014, 07:37:34 pm
No chance of Ty starting next year even if BA is lost for the Season, he's a good high school QB no doubt, but unless he's been studying the playbook the last year or so to get a headstart yell are fooling yourself thinking he's starting over Austin or Rafe next season.

Huh?  You mean the season after next?

kodiakisland

The best QB we have will play.  Doesn't matter what name is on the back of the jersey.  Why is that so hard to understand?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

1highhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 23, 2014, 07:46:25 pm
Huh?  You mean the season after next?

No, its sarcasm.  I'm saying there is no way in hell that Ty comes in next year and starts over Rafe or Austin, next year, AS IN, next season, Brandon Allen's senior season.  I said, if Brandon got hurt and was out all of his Senior season, Ty a Freshman, will not pass over Race and Austin, he's got zero learning of the playbook, Not Gonna Happen.

jgphillips3

Quote from: 1highhog on November 23, 2014, 07:37:34 pm

I think you misunderstood me.  I was talking about after BA graduates...meaning 2016.  I agree, there is no way in hell you start a true freshman unless you are desperate. 

Oklahawg

Hill and Gragg looked to be enjoying the game vs OM. Saw them (or it sure LOOKED like them) heading for snacks after it was 17-0. Both had a smile on their faces.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra