Josh Allen released by UNC...

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, August 19, 2014, 10:11:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Boot_stops_here

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

The Hogfather

The Boar War

Interesting.  When would he be able to play?  Even with immediate eligibility I'm sure he's too far behind to earn playing time this year.  Redshirt and come back a beast.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The Boar War on August 19, 2014, 10:27:57 pm
Interesting.  When would he be able to play?  Even with immediate eligibility I'm sure he's too far behind to earn playing time this year.  Redshirt and come back a beast.

Assuming the NCAA clearing house clears him, he will enroll in the spring.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1436165.html

Fantastic offer list.

Bubba's Bruisers

Would be an awesome gift to the in-coming class.  RS him and continue building the offensive line.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

forrest city joe

WOW! this has been a hell of a day for Razorback football and basketball fans. Josh Allen is a heck of a player. and another one of those talented Florida players.

MH04

Would his scholarship count as a 2015 recruit?

neahogfan180

BigSexyHog

Would be a nice addition to the team.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

WBC Hog

Hawgzinbowlz

Hope he comes. If he's good enough Coach Pittman will send him to the NFL.

" GO HOGS "

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: neahogfan180 on August 19, 2014, 11:06:12 pm
Very Cool 

#WPS
Since he already signed his scholarship should just count against the 85 like any other transfer would I believe.  Of course if I'm wrong on this I'm going to be ridiculed by everyone on here for 3-4 pages

Styflin

Quote from: WBC Hog on August 19, 2014, 11:40:46 pm

Almost positive he will count to the 2014 class. He will take Jovan Pruitt's spot.

onebadrubi

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on August 20, 2014, 12:59:38 am
Since he already signed his scholarship should just count against the 85 like any other transfer would I believe.  Of course if I'm wrong on this I'm going to be ridiculed by everyone on here for 3-4 pages

I think he has to be in his junior year for this to count, but I could also be wrong.

navyhog24

From what I've heard, he'll be counted against the 2015 class.

Tusks

I'm glad we got the kid but he just signed with them and has only been in camp 4 weeks.  Is that really enough time to know you don't like the team you chose.

I really hope he does well but 4 weeks isn't enough to know much of anything.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

trashcan maN

Offers from FSU, Miami, Nebraska, GT, Mizzou, LVille, Georgia, MSST

Cubbie08

Quote from: tusked on August 20, 2014, 07:48:43 am
I'm glad we got the kid but he just signed with them and has only been in camp 4 weeks.  Is that really enough time to know you don't like the team you chose.

I really hope he does well but 4 weeks isn't enough to know much of anything.

UNC is not going to let him enroll.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Because he's been at nc less than two years, he'll count against the 25 when he transfers. He'll have to wait until January to be placed on scholarship here, where he'll count as a 2015 recruit.

Tusks

Then if he can get in to the UA he's eligible this fall.

If he can't get into UNC why wait till spring.

Quote from: Cubbie08 on August 20, 2014, 07:57:06 am
UNC is not going to let him enroll.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Music City Hog

Good news.  I like the OL being built.

Wildhog

Pretty sure we don't have the scholarship for him this fall, unless he wants to grey shirt. 

Huge news if he does end up here, though. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on August 20, 2014, 08:40:22 am
Pretty sure we don't have the scholarship for him this fall, unless he wants to grey shirt. 

Huge news if he does end up here, though.

We don't have a scholarship for him in the 2015 class?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on August 20, 2014, 11:10:46 am
We don't have a scholarship for him in the 2015 class?

Of course we do for 2015, but that means he can't come til spring.  I was responding to the people that said we should try to get him here for this fall.

If he decides he doesn't want to wait, someone else could count him against their 2014 class.  Let's just hope Pittman seals the deal and he comes in the spring.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ZERO

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 19, 2014, 10:11:04 pm
Likely headed to Arkansas per UNC Scout.com

So this isn't confirmed yet? I don't want to get my hopes up until we know for sure.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

secneahog

Quote from: Wildhog on August 20, 2014, 11:14:17 am
Of course we do for 2015, but that means he can't come til spring.  I was responding to the people that said we should try to get him here for this fall.

If he decides he doesn't want to wait, someone else could count him against their 2014 class.  Let's just hope Pittman seals the deal and he comes in the spring.

Hoping most teams don't have the room in their 2014 class. I know josh Williams could have went to most places, but no one had room in their 2014 class.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on August 20, 2014, 11:23:52 am
Hoping most teams don't have the room in their 2014 class. I know josh Williams could have went to most places, but no one had room in their 2014 class.

As high as my hopes are for Williams, Allen is a much more highly regarded prospect.  There are teams that have room.  I do have faith in Pittman, though.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on August 20, 2014, 11:25:29 am
As high as my hopes are for Williams, Allen is a much more highly regarded prospect.  There are teams that have room.  I do have faith in Pittman, though.

Yeah, we gave another one this summer too, although I thought we would have been able to count some back to 2013. Truthfully, by this time of the year, I never know what the number was, or will be, haha.

FaytownHog

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

ldfergu

Could he at least enroll at UA and workout with the team?

Paul

Pittman seems to be THE reason he's considering us so I'm not worried he'll end up here

FaytownHog

Quote from: Wildhog on August 20, 2014, 11:43:35 am
Couldn't get admitted.
Grades? Are UNC's standards higher than SEC standards?

HawgnCorona

Any idea how hard we were recruiting this guy? Not that it matters. Just curious...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Wildhog

Quote from: FaytownHog on August 20, 2014, 02:05:25 pm

It was academics.  I don't know if it was grades or core classes.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

Quote from: HawgnCorona on August 20, 2014, 02:18:14 pm
Any idea how hard we were recruiting this guy? Not that it matters. Just curious...

I honestly don't remember us recruiting him that hard.  But he committed in June of last year, so we may have backed off and I just forgot about him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

rwspear

Quote from: FaytownHog on August 20, 2014, 02:05:25 pm

is that a joke?

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Wildhog on August 20, 2014, 02:22:34 pm
I honestly don't remember us recruiting him that hard.  But he committed in June of last year, so we may have backed off and I just forgot about him.
Cool. Thanks man...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

SemperFi

I really don't know much about this kid, but dang if he doesn't have a very impressive offer list that his 24/7 rating doesn't mirror. The OL is taking things to an entirely new level under Coach Pittman. I'll be very happy to see an OL that can take over a game and control the LOS. Coaches like GM might rely on the HUNH to disguise their weaknesses and exploit their strengths, but there's nothing better than watching an OL blow open massive holes for the RB's and protecting their QB like he's the President.

Come on down Mr Josh Allen! WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

BigSexyHog

Maybe he should commit a crime so the NCAA will let him transfer without any issues.   Or does that only work for Florida St, Auburn and Oklahoma?????
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

discombobulationist

Quote from: ZERO on August 20, 2014, 11:22:52 am
So this isn't confirmed yet? I don't want to get my hopes up until we know for sure.
His twitter profile says "Arkansas razorbacks Deuteronomy 31:6". No idea what that means, but that what it says.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

The Boar War

Quote from: discombobulationist on August 20, 2014, 05:06:03 pm
His twitter profile says "Arkansas razorbacks Deuteronomy 31:6". No idea what that means, but that what it says.

His twitter profile has had AR stuff on it for a while now. I thought it was a foregone conclusion that he would come here after receiving final word from UNC (primarily because of Pittmans connections to their program).

Ironhawg

Quote from: discombobulationist on August 20, 2014, 05:06:03 pm

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Be strong and courageous because God is going to be with him at Arkansas?

WorfHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on August 20, 2014, 06:13:26 pm
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Be strong and courageous because God is going to be with him at Arkansas?

I'll take it, we need all the help we can get.

Hogpkins

I interpret that to mean be strong and courageous when accepting change. He wanted to go to NC, it hasn't worked out, and so he's found a second home. He's accepting this change like a man, embracing it. I hope he makes it here and it works out well for him. I'm sure this is not a process he was planning.

Hogpkins

Quote from: SemperFi on August 20, 2014, 02:56:30 pm
I really don't know much about this kid, but dang if he doesn't have a very impressive offer list that his 24/7 rating doesn't mirror. The OL is taking things to an entirely new level under Coach Pittman. I'll be very happy to see an OL that can take over a game and control the LOS. Coaches like GM might rely on the HUNH to disguise their weaknesses and exploit their strengths, but there's nothing better than watching an OL blow open massive holes for the RB's and protecting their QB like he's the President.

Come on down Mr Josh Allen! WPS!

Schiano said on Bo's show that spread offenses are at a disadvantage recruiting OL. Obviously that's a generalization, but it helps explain why we've recruited OL so surprisingly well.