Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interviews of DVH and his top two assistants (video)

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 23, 2018, 12:29:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Gruntastic

January 23, 2018, 02:03:26 pm #1 Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:30:58 pm by Mr.Gruntastic
Sounds like McFarland is gonna have a good shot at first.  Sounded like he's producing in batting practice.  How's his defense at 1st?  Does that pencil in Gates over at 3rd?  Gates defense was suspect at times.  Seems like he committed some timely errors in the SEC championship game and the regional.  I'd almost start Kinley at 3rd.  His defense is gonna help keep runs off the board and end innings.  If McFarland produces at 1st.  We'll already be returning close to 60 home runs from last years team.  Wow!  Sacrifice 1 stick in the lineup for defense. 

Dave Van Horn sounded pretty high on Keaton as well.  Sounds like he's looking good on the mound throwing live batting practice.  Keaton does have a lot of experience and helped pitch us to a CWS.  Seemed like he was effective thru the line up once and teams figured him out a bit.  I wonder how he'd do in a closer's role?  It's probably middle to long relief role.  It'll be good to have him if one of the weekend starters don't have their stuff.  Plus Mckinney in the bull pen takes a lot of pressure off Cronin and some of the younger guys.   I think Murphy has every right to be the Sunday starter.  He no-hit Florida in the SEC tournament.  Pitched a good game in the regional. 

I think if Keaton n McFarland  perform up to expectations determine how special this year is.  WooDamnPig!!

Waldron_Hog

Btw, nice interview. Thought Alyssa did a good job.