Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What the offer to Miles tells us...

Started by swinesation, November 28, 2012, 09:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Pigalicious on November 28, 2012, 11:34:31 pm
Wrong.  Read it, and just went back and re-read it.  In actuality, you sir, are too stupid to waste time with.  Enjoy

I do enjoy this, greatly.  Making fun of these doom and gloomers who don't know what they're talking about (like you) is terribly enjoyable.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

denverpig

Do you really think Long thought he was going to land Miles from LSU? About as absurd as plucking Saban out of Tuscaloosa. I choose to believe we have a coach in the bag, but have to protect him until after Saturday. If I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my crow.

deedster84

OK, here's my take on the coaching situation. After the game Long said it would be 10-14 days so we know he's going after a coach that has a game this weekend. One of the commits said he was told the coach Long was after was coaching this weekend. I think the Les Miles issue was to old colleagues/friends discussing the situation and it gone blown out of proportion. They were at Michigan together. And yes, Les used it to his advantage. He said in his presser that there was never a time for a yes/no answer in their talks. I think Long has his coach, whether it be Patterson, Petersen, David Shaw, Jimbo Fisher, etc....

jcam61

Quote from: deedster84 on November 28, 2012, 11:45:00 pm
OK, here's my take on the coaching situation. After the game Long said it would be 10-14 days so we know he's going after a coach that has a game this weekend. One of the commits said he was told the coach Long was after was coaching this weekend. I think the Les Miles issue was to old colleagues/friends discussing the situation and it gone blown out of proportion. They were at Michigan together. And yes, Les used it to his advantage. He said in his presser that there was never a time for a yes/no answer in their talks. I think Long has his coach, whether it be Patterson, Petersen, David Shaw, Jimbo Fisher, etc....

Yeah I think it's probably someone who still has a game left too.  But can you really say that guy is a lock when Auburn and Tennessee have coaching vacancies?  If they offer the same amount then sorry but we lose unless that coach just has a personal relationship with Long.  Which I suppose is possible.

Fatty McGee

No one is a lock until the contract is signed.  Which is why no one was getting hired until the end of the season, no matter when we started.  Even Urban Meyer, who was OUT OF COACHING, didn't get hired until November 23.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

jcam61

Quote from: Fatty McGee on November 28, 2012, 11:50:49 pm
No one is a lock until the contract is signed.  Which is why no one was getting hired until the end of the season, no matter when we started.  Even Urban Meyer, who was OUT OF COACHING, didn't get hired until November 23.

We should have learned this the hard way.  I don't understand how people can still think there are such things as "Locks".