Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 1 THREAD: #2 Arkansas (0-0, 0-0 SEC) vs Bucknell (0-0, 0-0 Patriot League)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, February 14, 2018, 06:27:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: jvanhorn on February 16, 2018, 06:09:34 pm
Mama Z's in Tontitown and Venezia's in Russellville are the only two really great Italian restaurants in the whole freaking state, which probably says a lot about the state of Italians restaurants in Arkansas these days.
Not to continue to derail JHicks game thread but Venetian Inn was not just an Italian restaurant as much is it was a family memory for those of us that still had to travel Hwy 71 to get to Fayettevlle once of twice a year with family.  Unless  you have experienced that and stayed at the Chief Motor Lodge on College Street with your family you wouldn't understand my love for that place,

JHicks3636

Turney( sorry, I earlier misspelled his name), 0-1, takes a strike, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, foul, strike 3 called

hoghappy

JHicks3636

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: JHicks3636 on February 16, 2018, 06:18:22 pm
In the Hog 8th

3.  Cole       2-5
4.  Tierney 
5.  Kjerstad  3-4 and a HBP
He hasn't faced an SEC pitcher yet but Kjerstad has looked really comfy in the box today. Kid looks like he's all business. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

JHicks3636

Plunkett swings at strike 1, swings at strike 2, called out on strikes

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Kenley, ball 1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, pops one up and it drops in for a double and rbi

JHicks3636

Now 14-2 Arkansas as Kenley gets a hit months earlier than last year

JHicks3636

Opitz, 0-1 today, takes a ball, goes 2-0, looks at the 2-1, 3-1, walks

rljjr

Going to be interesting to see if Bucknell plays well in the Patriot League. Enjoying seeing some of the new guys getting playing time.

JHicks3636

Murrell, 0-0 with a sac fly earlier, takes a strike, 1-1, 1-2 swinging on a high one, is hit but ruled a ball as they say he did not move out of the way so 2-2, 3-2 now, foul, foul, gets hit for real this time, bases loaded for the hat fans

JHicks3636

Martin, 0-0 in the game but was hbp earlier, flies out to left

14-2 Arkansas after 8

JHicks3636

Last chances for Bucknell and I have no idea who will bat. We'll just name them as we go this inning.

JHicks3636

rljjr

JHicks3636

Razorbacks#1

2               Top 9th                   14

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell        0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 |    | -  |  2  |  2  | 1  | 3   
Arkansas      4  | 6 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 |    | -  |  14| 12 | 2  | 16   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Marren is the pinch hitter now, strike 1, 0-2, strikes out looking, 2 gone

JHicks3636

Baumann bats, takes a ball, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 swinging, 3-2 swinging, foul, strikes out

FINAL 14-2 Arkansas

Wisco Pig

swineology

Razorbacks#1

2               FINAL                   14

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Bucknell        0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | -  |  2  |  2  | 1  | 3   
Arkansas      4  | 6 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 1 | x | -  |  14| 12 | 2  | 16   

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

lakecityhog

JHicks3636

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 16, 2018, 06:41:49 pm
Thanks, JHicks.   Well done.

Thanks. I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the two PBP folks the next 2 days. I'll be out of town so this is how I'll keep up with those games.

thebignasty

Great opening day game. WPS

On the italian food topic, I like Pesto Cafe quite a bit.  Joe's isn't bad, either.

Wisco Pig

AHiD

My name...is Jerruh

UAGolfer1981

Razorbacks#1

Awesome Job JHicks on the PBP as always, and shout out to ARKANSAS for setting up another great game thread.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Pigsfeat

I'm so glad baseball season is finally here and the Hogs getting a win! Thanks for the pbp work guys!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Razorbacks#1

I want to throw out a thank you to sir-pigs-alot and Tom, aka Arkansas Traveler for providing Hog fans with one of the best forums on the interwebs. I'll give hSv a little credit as well!

THUNDER!

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ucahogfan

Thank you for the PBP!

What kind of velo did Ramage and Bonnin have today?  I was not able to watch them throw.

ucahogfan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 16, 2018, 06:24:12 pm
He hasn't faced an SEC pitcher yet but Kjerstad has looked really comfy in the box today. Kid looks like he's all business.
Hmmm, what about our guys all fall and so far this spring?

I understand what you are saying, but he also hit over .400 in scrimmages this fall.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 16, 2018, 06:59:05 pm
What kind of velo did Ramage and Bonnin have today?  I was not able to watch them throw.

I'd be curious to hear as well.   WatchESPN was so far behind the radio broadcast and stat feed that I turned it off.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 16, 2018, 07:00:48 pm
Hmmm, what about our guys all fall and so far this spring?

I understand what you are saying, but he also hit over .400 in scrimmages this fall.
uca, I think the broadcasters stated that he hit over .500 in fall scrimmages, he's good one

THUNDER!

ucahogfan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 16, 2018, 07:06:18 pm
uca, I think the broadcasters stated that he hit over .500 in fall scrimmages, he's good one
Yeah, they did say .500 in fall scrimmages, but that almost sounds too good to be true haha.

After watching today though, I can understand why.  It really speaks volumes what DVH thinks of him having him hit 5th with what we had coming back.  Heck, we had Grant Koch batting 7th and I think most scouts will throw a 55-60 on his power which typically means middle of the order hitter in college.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 16, 2018, 07:10:32 pm
Yeah, they did say .500 in fall scrimmages, but that almost sounds too good to be true haha.

After watching today though, I can understand why.  It really speaks volumes what DVH thinks of him having him hit 5th with what we had coming back.  Heck, we had Grant Koch batting 7th and I think most scouts will throw a 55-60 on his power which typically means middle of the order hitter in college.
For one to go 3 of 4 ABs, man, I can't wait to see what he does the rest of the weekend. Go HOGS!

THUNDER!

SPAL

Quote from: Wisco Pig on February 16, 2018, 07:05:44 pm
I'd be curious to hear as well.   WatchESPN was so far behind the radio broadcast and stat feed that I turned it off.

Both were upper 88-92

SPAL

Ramage featured a circle change that kept his velo down, but his fastball was 90ish.

Bonnin around 92

Wisco Pig

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 16, 2018, 07:21:13 pm
Ramage featured a circle change that kept his velo down, but his fastball was 90ish.

Bonnin around 92

Thanks, SPAL.

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 16, 2018, 07:21:13 pm

Bonnin around 92
Thank you SPAL!

Excited to see what both of these guys do.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 16, 2018, 07:18:44 pm
For one to go 3 of 4 ABs, man, I can't wait to see what he does the rest of the weekend. Go HOGS!
I can't either.  He definitely looks the part at the plate.

Now onto another LHH, Fletcher needs to learn to keep the ball fair.  Too many long foul balls from him.

Rockhawg

I was at the game and the scoreboard had Knight hitting 94 a couple of times. Good outing by all of our pitchers today. Charlton Heston Killer-stats is the real deal. Can't wait to see Campbell and McKinney!