Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Chase rules

Started by 10thPlanet, March 28, 2014, 04:44:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

has turned the regular season into MLB, and NBA. No Chase back to straight points would crown the true champ.
"Hamlin said he didn't want to be a liability on the track last weekend and credited NASCAR's new format for playoff eligibility, which allowed him to miss the event without thwarting his championship hopes."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denny-hamlin-fires-back-detractors-180400598--nascar.html

ImHogginIt

Quote from: dkwvike on March 28, 2014, 04:44:34 pm
has turned the regular season into MLB, and NBA. No Chase back to straight points would crown the true champ.
"Hamlin said he didn't want to be a liability on the track last weekend and credited NASCAR's new format for playoff eligibility, which allowed him to miss the event without thwarting his championship hopes."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denny-hamlin-fires-back-detractors-180400598--nascar.html

I like the new rules. Puts emphasis on winning races and not points racing.

Points are still important but we'll see more "have at it" as the year goes along instead of people being content to just get top 10 finishes.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on March 28, 2014, 04:56:55 pm
a win should be ALL that matters. no points or cash for anything but first. make that happen and you'll see racing like you've never seen in your life.

That's pretty much what we'll see more and more of as the season goes on  ;D

10thPlanet

But, what if you were a Denny Hamlin fan, you spent 750-1000 bucks to go to a race, and you hear he has the poops? He decides I don't have to race, because I've got my win, and I am in? I guess it will open the door when more and more drivers take vacations here and there. I always like to see Morgan shepard race every now and then when there's not enough cars entered to qualify. As far as the racing should get better, don't you guys think they should already be getting after it, if they're real racers?
I don't want them taking races off, or testing new stuff after they win one not caring where they finish. I guess by the 20th race, the ones that haven't won will be getting after it, that will be fun. Martinsville up next, Thank the Lord!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: dkwvike on March 29, 2014, 02:05:02 am
But, what if you were a Denny Hamlin fan, you spent 750-1000 bucks to go to a race, and you hear he has the poops? He decides I don't have to race, because I've got my win, and I am in? I guess it will open the door when more and more drivers take vacations here and there. I always like to see Morgan shepard race every now and then when there's not enough cars entered to qualify. As far as the racing should get better, don't you guys think they should already be getting after it, if they're real racers?
I don't want them taking races off, or testing new stuff after they win one not caring where they finish. I guess by the 20th race, the ones that haven't won will be getting after it, that will be fun. Martinsville up next, Thank the Lord!

I highly doubt anyone will take off races unless they are truly not able to race. Sponsors would not be happy to see it happen much. The more races you win the higher up in points you will be in the chase. These guys are competitors. They want to win. The old points system put emphasis on finishing races and not getting yourself wrecked. The new rules discourage that. I like it

hogs24

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 29, 2014, 12:07:37 pm
I highly doubt anyone will take off races unless they are truly not able to race. Sponsors would not be happy to see it happen much. The more races you win the higher up in points you will be in the chase. These guys are competitors. They want to win. The old points system put emphasis on finishing races and not getting yourself wrecked. The new rules discourage that. I like it
Agree. Sponsors dumping way too much money into a driver.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

10thPlanet

I hope you guys are right. I guess Martin has ja Ja jaded me with his partial retirement, plus Gordon at one time said Mark gave him hope of extending his career.

TheRazorback500

No. I can remember a couple of sources saying he was definitely not going to drive, just that he would be hanging around the tracks to mentor some of the young drivers.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

10thPlanet

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on March 29, 2014, 07:38:41 pm
is mark scheduled to run any races this year? i haven't heard.
I agree with Razorback 500, I think he's done.