Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emmit Gooden

Started by bigpigpimpin, December 25, 2017, 06:19:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Juco Defensive lineman recruit tweets Merry Christmas with a picture of a Razorback cup. We need more of those guys.

SooieGeneris

That's good, but word is he doesn't have the grades to qualify, hope it's wrong, we could use him.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

ricepig

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 25, 2017, 06:47:56 pm
That's good, but word is he doesn't have the grades to qualify, hope it's wrong, we could use him.

He has the grades, just not two necessary courses to enter a SEC school. Last year they waited until late summer to get Patton in, I'm not sure the new staff will take that avenue with Gooden.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on December 25, 2017, 07:49:35 pm
He has the grades, just not two necessary courses to enter a SEC school. Last year they waited until late summer to get Patton in, I'm not sure the new staff will take that avenue with Gooden.

If they evaluate our Dline on tape they may change their mind

SooieGeneris

Quote from: ricepig on December 25, 2017, 07:49:35 pm

Ok, thanks. I knew it was something to do with qualification. It may depend on what we get in the Feb. signing period. I don't know if I would hold a spot, but if we have a spot and he wants to come here, I'd take him.

Those Big Eaters on the defensive line are not easy to find, 300+ pounders who can move are valuable. That's what makes it all the more puzzling that Ferrell wasn't offered by the old staff.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

ricepig

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 25, 2017, 08:42:13 pm
If they evaluate our Dline on tape they may change their mind

There hasn't been anyone else jumping in on him, either.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on December 25, 2017, 08:57:06 pm
There hasn't been anyone else jumping in on him, either.

Saw that some Vols coaches are now following him on Twitter

Snout team

How dos this continue to happen year after year?  I assume a coach doesnt offer a kid until someone on staff looks at his academics.  The SEC does not have super secret, ever changing, entrance requirements.

Did they know from the start he wouldn't be eligible until fall?

On the other hand he could have graduated but have some grades which were low enough not to transfer.  I don't know Emmit at all nor do I know anything about his grades, but I would think this scenario would make more sense.  It also could explain the "committed" "decommitted" roller coaster.

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

SemperHawg

A little off topic here, but didn't Petrino have the same thing happen to him when he was here with Jason Pierre Paul?  I thought I remember him being a lock for here but didn't have an SEC required math class and ended up at USF or something like that.

Tusks

Quote from: SemperHawg on December 26, 2017, 09:56:51 am
A little off topic here, but didn't Petrino have the same thing happen to him when he was here with Jason Pierre Paul?  I thought I remember him being a lock for here but didn't have an SEC required math class and ended up at USF or something like that.

May have been hootie but yes that's what happened.  JJP wanted badly to be a hog
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

outlawhogeywells

SEC needs to get rid of this holier than thou rule.  If a kid has the grades to get into the little 12 or the Pac 12 then they should be able to get into the SEC. 

Hogtimes

What happens to Gooden if he does not qualify anywhere? 

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 27, 2017, 01:24:00 pm

Don't know but I'd advise him to learn a skilled trade.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

colbs

So since Arkansas will sign well under the 25 they should be able to sign and it not really hurt them right?  If he doesn't qualify it will just count against the 25 not the 85?

Freebrd

Well I hope that CCM doesn't try to go the quick "fix" route of jr college.  I want him to take his time, if possible with all the red bull, and be selective and build a program instead of trying to piecemeal for next year.  Save the schollys if he can't get who he wants, and use them next year.  He will be afforded the time by the powers in charge

ricepig

Quote from: Freebrd on December 27, 2017, 01:45:39 pm
Well I hope that CCM doesn't try to go the quick "fix" route of jr college.  I want him to take his time, if possible with all the red bull, and be selective and build a program instead of trying to piecemeal for next year.  Save the schollys if he can't get who he wants, and use them next year.  He will be afforded the time by the powers in charge

We really don't need too many JUCO's, we already have around 20-21 in our upcoming Jr class.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on December 27, 2017, 01:33:06 pm
So since Arkansas will sign well under the 25 they should be able to sign and it not really hurt them right?  If he doesn't qualify it will just count against the 25 not the 85?

And if he does make it, who do you cut in August? He has heard from our coaches, but lacks two classes to be eligible to enroll at a SEC school. He has until Jan 15th to sign as a JUCO.

Oklahawg

I am just pleased he got around to contacting Gooden.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Steef

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on December 27, 2017, 10:10:33 am
SEC needs to get rid of this holier than thou rule.

Anything that might make Nick's life even a tiny bit harder... I'm for it.

FraggleHog

Gooden tweeted this last night. I read this as he has worked out all issues. Hope he signs with the Hogs! FWIW, 247Sports just upgraded him to a 4 star recruit as well.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 03, 2018, 12:13:05 pm
Gooden tweeted this last night. I read this as he has worked out all issues. Hope he signs with the Hogs! FWIW, 247Sports just upgraded him to a 4 star recruit as well.
Otis said he talked to coach Scott yesterday and will talk to Chavis today.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogtimes on December 27, 2017, 01:24:00 pm

Assuming he attempts to transfer to D-1  after his Junior year.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

FraggleHog

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 03, 2018, 12:20:56 pm

So I take that as Scott will be retained by the new DC?

navyhog24

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 03, 2018, 01:00:05 pm

That has to be good news in retaining John Mincey as well. He and Scott are very close supposedly.

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 03, 2018, 01:00:05 pm
Predictions by people in the know have him being retained to coach DTs and Caldwell coming in to coach DEs

FraggleHog

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on January 03, 2018, 12:20:56 pm

Where did he say this? Pay Boards? Also, if he indeed is inking with Arkansas, will he sign in February on NSD, or go ahead and sign now? His tweet implies he will sign pretty quickly

RaisinHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 03, 2018, 01:59:51 pm
Where did he say this? Pay Boards? Also, if he indeed is inking with Arkansas, will he sign in February on NSD, or go ahead and sign now? His tweet implies he will sign pretty quickly

He can sign a Financial aid agreement and early enrol I suppose .. the early signing period is over .. I hope we get him ..

ricepig

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 03, 2018, 02:02:43 pm

He can sign a Financial aid agreement and early enrol I suppose .. the early signing period is over .. I hope we get him ..

JUCO signing period is thru Jan. 15th.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2018, 02:06:50 pm
JUCO signing period is thru Jan. 15th.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/

You ever get tired of having to correct folks around here ?  :)

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 03, 2018, 04:38:34 pm
You ever get tired of having to correct folks around here ?  :)

Yeah, it's a burden I carry.

RaisinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2018, 04:51:47 pm

Your pretty knowledgeable for an ol rice farmer lol

Highway Hog Sign

Has Gooden been offered by the new staff?
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

jgphillips3

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on January 03, 2018, 08:20:00 pm
Has Gooden been offered by the new staff?

Well, he already has an offer so they don't have to re-offer.  They haven't withdrawn his offer and are talking to him if that is what you are asking.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: ricepig on January 03, 2018, 04:51:47 pm

After all this time, you are becoming one of my favorite posters.  Seriously.
Retired Radio Host

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 04, 2018, 12:08:18 am
After all this time, you are becoming one of my favorite posters.  Seriously.

Watch-out Rice.! Somebody is looking for a Duck Hunt.!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 04, 2018, 12:12:08 am

Watch-out Rice.! Somebody is looking for a Duck Hunt.!

Wait...he can take me duck  hunting?  That changes everything.
Retired Radio Host

zane

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 04, 2018, 12:28:37 am
Wait...he can take me duck  hunting?  That changes everything.

There ain't a duck in the state to be found
RIP LSUfan

RaisinHog

Quote from: zane on January 04, 2018, 07:49:20 am

Not true   . I watched a 100 or more land on the ice this morning

ricepig

Bubba's Bruisers

I'm lazy and don't want search around, but my last impression was that Gooden very likely ain't happening for us due to the usual lack of a certain class(s) per SEC entrance requirements? 

Rice, I know you can likely offer some input.  Am I in the ballpark?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

onebadrubi

Quote from: zane on January 04, 2018, 07:49:20 am

Nah!  They are just piled up in open water locations.  And when they pile, they pileup in large amounts!

imtad16

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 04, 2018, 09:57:33 am
I'm lazy and don't want search around, but my last impression was that Gooden very likely ain't happening for us due to the usual lack of a certain class(s) per SEC entrance requirements? 

I bet you are right because this is such a position of need where he would provide immediate help. Plus, with his offer list combined with his size I'm thinking this would be done and he would be signed with us already if he was eligible.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 04, 2018, 09:57:33 am

That would be my guess, and understanding as to his academic situation. Now, do we sign him and hope he passes the required courses online as Patton did last spring/summer??? That may be a possibility, but right now, I don't think anyone knows anything for certain on Emmit, including Emmit.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2018, 11:22:03 am
That would be my guess, and understanding as to his academic situation. Now, do we sign him and hope he passes the required courses online as Patton did last spring/summer??? That may be a possibility, but right now, I don't think anyone knows anything for certain on Emmit, including Emmit.

His tweet indicating he got the call and was clear to sign makes me think that everything was worked out. Could be just the coaches telling him to go ahead and sign and then hopefully they can work it out before he enrolls though..

imtad16

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 04, 2018, 11:39:11 am
His tweet indicating he got the call and was clear to sign makes me think that everything was worked out. Could be just the coaches telling him to go ahead and sign and then hopefully they can work it out before he enrolls though..

I hope your interpretation is correct. I think he would have Jeremiah Ledbetter type of quick impact.

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 04, 2018, 11:39:11 am
I've read elsewhere that he lacks two classes to enroll in a SEC school in January, I guess we'll see.

zane

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 04, 2018, 10:37:00 am
Nah!  They are just piled up in open water locations.  And when they pile, they pileup in large amounts!

They were piled up on Ashbaugh a few weekends ago- by the 10's of thousands.

It's been a tough season lol
RIP LSUfan

Oklahawg

I'm not Ricepig (!) and just guessing:

Gooden is allowed to sign because the staff knows they can't take a full class anyway. He is an "oversign" just in case he might make it. He has 1-2 classes to retake before he can be eligible in the SEC. If he completes that (ala Jeremy Patton) he'll be at UA next year. If not, he'll be released late summer to go to a non-P5 school.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 04, 2018, 01:17:27 pm
I'm not Ricepig (!) and just guessing:

Gooden is allowed to sign because the staff knows they can't take a full class anyway. He is an "oversign" just in case he might make it. He has 1-2 classes to retake before he can be eligible in the SEC. If he completes that (ala Jeremy Patton) he'll be at UA next year. If not, he'll be released late summer to go to a non-P5 school.

Probably worth the shot.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15