Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pump Your Brakes

Started by Porked Tongue, November 05, 2017, 07:43:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

Since A&M, BB has been on life support.  He was going to have to win his way into staying.  He's not doing much of that but the remaining 3 games will seal his fate.  Pulling out the last 2 did him some good but only in the extremely short term.

Long isn't going anywhere.

I'm not going to get so caught up in the links to different media sites, various media guys opinions or tv shows that are essentially finding a way to say the same thing.  The piling on is as nauseating as the games themselves. Some of you might get off on 87 different people with a pen, mic or twitter account saying what you want to hear but it's just a big circle jerk to sell to a pissed off crowd.  Big deal.

I'm personally just going to sit tight and wait for it to happen.  For me, there's a lot of anger that just isn't personally productive.

Enjoy it how you wish, I'm not going to be in the mob.

Porked Tongue

A little bit of clarity, I think if he loses 2 of 3 he goes on his own.  Willingly.

Said it before and I stick with that now.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 07:45:47 am
A little bit of clarity, I think if he loses 2 of 3 he goes on his own.  Willingly.

I really hope you are correct. I also don't see any way we win another game this year.

ricepig

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 07:48:40 am
I really hope you are correct. I also don't see any way we win another game this year.

With 10 minutes left yesterday, I didn't think we'd win another one, stranger things have happened.

jgphillips3

"If" he loses 2 of 3?  LSU played Bama hard.  They will whip our ass far more soundly than the final score.  MSU is a bad matchup for us.  That score might be worse than LSU.  Can we even score enough to keep up with Mizzou?  I am having a hard time finding a way we can win one of those games (but Mizzou is most possible).  I sure hope you are right though.  Him "voluntarily" leaving would be the best thing for our program by far.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 07:50:59 am
With 10 minutes left yesterday, I didn't think we'd win another one, stranger things have happened.

You never know. This season has been like a bad dream so nothing would really surprise me.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 07:51:41 am
"If" he loses 2 of 3?  LSU played Bama hard.  They will whip our ass far more soundly than the final score.  MSU is a bad matchup for us.  That score might be worse than LSU.  Can we even score enough to keep up with Mizzou?  I am having a hard time finding a way we can win one of those games (but Mizzou is most possible).  I sure hope you are right though.  Him "voluntarily" leaving would be the best thing for our program by far.
Oh, I'm not expecting the wins.  But you have to allow that BB, staff and the players believe it's possible in their own minds.  They do and should approach it that way.

Not to turn this thread into another of the 50 active threads in MMQB, but what if the won all 3?  I mean, it would certainly be a different look.

shown006

So, if he goes 0-3 it's a sure thing he'll willingly go on his own?  Based on the players lack of effort yesterday, and two more sure upcoming losses, they will be lifeless in front of 40-45k on the Friday after Thanksgiving against Missouri.
WPS!

hawgon

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 07:57:25 am
Oh, I'm not expecting the wins.  But you have to allow that BB, staff and the players believe it's possible in their own minds.  They do and should approach it that way.

Not to turn this thread into another of the 50 active threads in MMQB, but what if the won all 3?  I mean, it would certainly be a different look.

If he wins all three?  He should be fired even quicker.  This isn't year one.  A team good enough to win the last three was good enough to have played better during the year.  No excuses.

NuttinItUp

I don't think it will happen, but if he wins 2 out of 3 and gets to 6 overall wins + a bowl appearance, then he will be safe.

Kevin

this defense will give up at least 50 points a game over the next 3 games
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Porked Tongue

Quote from: hawgon on November 05, 2017, 07:59:36 am
If he wins all three?  He should be fired even quicker.  This isn't year one.  A team good enough to win the last three was good enough to have played better during the year.  No excuses.
Not saying different. 

I am saying I will cheer for us in each game and be there for two of them.

Also repeating I'm not burning the energy to be the squeakiest wheel or listen to those that try to be.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 08:02:05 am
Not saying different. 

Also repeating I'm not burning the energy to be the squeakiest wheel or listen to those that try to be.

I admire your ability to contain frustration.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 08:03:48 am
I admire your ability to contain frustration.
I don't pretend i'm not having any. :)

I will point out I was there to the end of the 4th last night. 

rtr

Not saying different. 

Porked your post is a bout 6 weeks too late.  This ship has sailed, many think the worst thing that could happen is winning two of three and be doomed to this cycle in perpetuity. I was there to the end as well.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hoghearted

This is where I'm at. If it were up to me, and yes I know it's not, it would already be a done deal, and announced. Letting people think there is remotely any chance he is retained does nothing good for the program.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

rtr

I will add this is a much worse situation than we had with Nutt.

hawgon

Not saying different. 

Then don't.  You gain no moral supremacy by not being negative right now.  There is a lot to be negative about.

Bacons Rebellion

Agree completely, PorkedTongue.

If we win three in a row (prohibitively long odds of that happen), then CBB will stay. You don't fire a coach on a five game winning streak.

If we go 0-3, 100% chance he's gone. You don't go 4-8 with two last desperate victories and keep your job, being blown out by people you used to beat, even if you have some key injuries, at least considering CBB's body of work in preceding years. He doesn't have a balance in the Success Bank to draw on. Old Rose Bowls are spent.

If we go 2-1? That's a tougher decision, I think he probably stays in that case; winning two of these games as underdogs will be quite an accomplishment, but it won't rescue the fan base immediately. So it's really just a case of if Long wants an entire year of dissention leading up to next season.

1-2? No bowl, I think Long has to take the opportunity to move on. If you don't fire him at 5-7, can you fire him next year for 7-5? Think how much more peaceful Jeff's job would be for a few years.

Everyone is hyping up that Long won't fire him. That's just so we have one more person to hate on. Long can't keep him unless this team somehow pulls a string of upsets. He's still an AD and knows that once you've lost the fan base it takes years to recover.

So I'm with you. 0 or 1 wins from here and he's gone. 3 he stays (no chance). 2 wins (little chance, but MSU didn't look good this weekend), and it's a tossup.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 08:04:40 am
I don't pretend i'm not having any. :)

I will point out I was there to the end of the 4th last night. 

I'm with you on the commitment to the players. I've never left a game early and will watch to the end in person or on TV. I'm a loyalist... and a glutton for punishment. 

Porked Tongue

Quote from: rtr on November 05, 2017, 08:06:47 am
Porked your post is a bout 6 weeks too late. 

Here's an older post.  Much of it you've heard many repeat as gospel.

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 08, 2017, 09:34:39 am
Heard as early as preseason that BB might be receptive to an early buyout negotiation. 

Once the TCU and A&M games finished, I heard it again.  Personal pride is eating at him on and off the field.  Newborn in the house and a desire to control his fate a bit are contributing factors.

Rest of the season will tell the tale but getting just 1 win or less in conference I believe is an automatic departure.  Maybe even 2 conference wins.

As much as it is the losing, the team has no real unity, trust, effort and ability to respond to game crisis.  0-16 when trailing at the half.  No killer instinct. Seemingly no true fight in them.

You can bet the "short list" is already being edited.  Stadium expansion ticket sales are a factor.

I think Long will do it if BB doesn't fall on his sword.

Now, if the tide turns all bets are off.

Lanny

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 07:43:24 am
Since A&M, BB has been on life support.  He was going to have to win his way into staying.  He's not doing much of that but the remaining 3 games will seal his fate.  Pulling out the last 2 did him some good but only in the extremely short term.

I'm not going to get so caught up in the links to different media sites, various media guys opinions or tv shows that are essentially finding a way to say the same thing.  The piling on is as nauseating as the games themselves. Some of you might get off on 87 different people with a pen, mic or twitter account saying what you want to hear but it's just a big circle jerk to sell to a pissed off crowd.  Big deal.

I'm personally just going to sit tight and wait for it to happen.  For me, there's a lot of anger that just isn't personally productive.

Bielema will be thrown out the door like Yesterday's garbage.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

nwahogfan1

Good post.  CBB will win or lose his job on the field.  Right now he is losing big time.  I do not see it turning around but that is me.  I am apathetic right now.  I hate being this way because I love watching Hog football.  But I know throwing a Childish fit on social media will do anything but make me look small.  Let Long go though the process, be objective and professional.  I think after weighing the data he will do what is right and make a switch.  I do not think it will happen until after the Missouri game so lets wait and watch.     But I do not think Long gets on social media to look for answers so might as well stop with the ugly childish remarks because it just makes us look small.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 08:15:01 am

Good post and good remainder we need to wait until the last game and let Long do his job.  I also think CBB is ready to resign.  The job is killing him.  He wants to win but it has not been a good fit.  So lets move on.

rtr

Oh no doubt, I should have said the anger and frustration is out of the barn and there is no way to corral it.  I am not just talking Hogville or social media.  I do think it is time for calm but good luck with that.  I do agree no action should be taken until the regular season is over.

code red

Absolutely no.  There are at least 5 million reasons why that would be stupid.  CBB has ruined his own reputation as a coach.  His process is fundamentally flawed.  This is not a shot at any poster.  But.  Those of us who have coached at the high School level have seen this for a while now.  Players, for example, playing when they have no business competing at the SEC level.  Therefore, why would an experienced AD hire Brett as a HC.  He is arrogant and I think the presser last nite was evidence enough he wants to rub the media and fans face in it.  I wouldn't be surprised if him and Long haven't spoken since A@M.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

theFlyingHog

And I had thought I'd never agree with you.

lumphog

THIS kinda sheet reminds me of a former coach.... FIRE HIM #Leach

GuvHog

I think you are wrong about Jeff Long.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hog.goblin

Quote from: Kevin on November 05, 2017, 08:02:00 am
this defense will give up at least 50 points a game over the next 3 games

Agreed, and the offense won't.

hamARchy in the USA

If Bielema was entertaining a buyout possibility before the season then it couldn't be more clear that this season was over before it began.  That he was allowed to hang on was yet another failure of leadership above him which should be grounds for at least one more dismissal.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: code red on November 05, 2017, 08:25:26 am
Absolutely no.  There are at least 5 million reasons why that would be stupid.  CBB has ruined his own reputation as a coach.  His process is fundamentally flawed.  This is not a shot at any poster.  But.  Those of us who have coached at the high School level have seen this for a while now.  Players, for example, playing when they have no business competing at the SEC level.  Therefore, why would an experienced AD hire Brett as a HC.  He is arrogant and I think the presser last nite was evidence enough he wants to rub the media and fans face in it.  I wouldn't be surprised if him and Long haven't spoken since A@M.

There are 5 million reasons, but they reach a settlement for fewer reasons. Bielema is young enough that he will believe he can coach successfully, but he does NOT need to damage his resume with another season of nationwide negative publicity as a laughing stock. Doesn't mean I think that will happen.

I told my wife BEFORE the game, that I can't get a grasp on a program that would want to hire Bielema after this fiasco.

Grunt

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 05, 2017, 07:48:40 am
I've  been a Razorback for 60 years - since I was ten and became Hogaware. This is the first time ever I've hope for us to lose. That's how devastating it has gotten.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Razorback de Nosferatu

With every disaster the game that will supposedly "seal his fate"gets pushed back another week.

This has been going on for more than a calendar year. Teams that clearly out-talent us throttle us and it's not even close, and with everybody else it's a "toss up" that we typically lose.

There is now a year's worth of evidence of this. Getting owned by Coastal for 58 minutes was rock bottom.

At this point somehow pulling off a win against a goofball-coached LSU team would just look like a fluke thing. Somehow making it to Birmingham? For one, yeah right. For two, I think it's too little too late.

A week or two ago I would've said six or seven wins might actually save him. Not now.

The guy cannot be trusted with this program.

East Clintwood

Well bully for you.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

rzrbackramsfan

Good post.  I'm wasting too much time caring about something I can't control.  Although, would you agree it'd just be nice if they fired BB so we could get on with our lives? 

Yamahog

My wife is hooked up to a life support machine.

It's called a refrigerator.

Vantage 8 dude

Incredible to think that we're THREE points away from being 2-7 at this point. And considering that the past rousing wins were against teams that are some of the absolute worse in the country. At least our real "major" victory was against a fellow SECW team, lousy as they are. Sad, sad, sad......

Oh yeah, sorry coach for being one of those "outside the program" that's being so negative. However, after having devoted over 50 years of my life as a student, alum, ticket holder and RF donor I feel I have far more invested than you in the program. That's even considering I don't get paid over $4 million per year to deliver this slop on the field.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 05, 2017, 11:03:09 am
Incredible to think that we're THREE points away from being 2-7 at this point. And considering that the past rousing wins were against teams that are some of the absolute worse in the country. At least our real "major" victory was against a fellow SECW team, lousy as they are. Sad, sad, sad......

Oh yeah, sorry coach for being one of those "outside the program" that's being so negative. However, after having devoted over 50 years of my life as a student, alum, ticket holder and RF donor I feel I have far more invested than you in the program. That's even considering I don't get paid over $4 million per year to deliver this slop on the field.

It's pretty hard to not pick at everything he says, but the comments about negativity at the post game press conference spoke volumes.

When it comes right down to it, he threw a blanket over anyone that wasn't satisfied.  That wasn't prudent.

That's the rub right now for someone who does stand up and face the camera's.  There are very few things they can say that won't be dissected.  He KNOWS that.  That goes to my point of him leaving due to not being comfortable where he's at with the program.

bphi11ips

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 07:51:41 am
MSU is a bad matchup for us.

Weren't they a bad matchup last year? 

A victory over LSU will be an absolute miracle.  There's your bad matchup.  However, Arkansas has a good shot at its last two if the fans show up. But they won't.  A team forecast by ESPN FPI to go 6-6 with wins in its last two games is on track to do just that, but neither the students nor the fans will be there to help.  It's sad.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

wachhog

Quote from: code red on November 05, 2017, 08:25:26 am
He has ruined his own reputation as a coach. Unfortunately, I am afraid he and Long have ruined Arkansas' reputation as a place where a coach can succeed. That's the REAL damage to the program. It turns off prospective coaches and prospective players. Petrino had people believing that Arkansas could be a competitive program. That perception is long gone, thanks to Long.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 11:11:25 am

A victory over LSU will be an absolute miracle.  There's your bad matchup.  However, Arkansas has a good shot at its last two if the fans show up. But they won't.  A team forecast by ESPN FPI to go 6-6 with wins in its last two games is on track to do just that, but neither the students nor the fans will be there to help.  It's sad.

There was more support and excitement in Nutt's last year and Smiley's one year. This is the lowest point of the program I can recall.

WilsonHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 11:11:25 am

You might have a point about 6-6 (which would assume that, projected or not, 6-6 would be good enough), if two of those four wins weren't come-from-behind, one-point wins over Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina.

You and I both grew up on Orville Henry and Frank Broyles. Any question in your mind about what either of those gentlemen would be thinking and saying today?

Tusks

Guys the hogs aren't going 6-6.  I mean it's just not going to happen.  The question should be will the hogs be embarrassed enough for BB to be relieved early.

It's going to be embarrassing.

After the LSU and MSU thumpings I bet there's not 30K at the MO game.

He's gone, there's no breaks to pump.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

moses_007

A recent poll showed him last in the SEC with only 18 percent fan support.  I suspect that support is less than 10 percent now after what we saw yesterday. 

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 05, 2017, 11:26:28 am
A recent poll showed him last in the SEC with only 18 percent fan support.  I suspect that support is less than 10 percent after what we saw yesterday. 

Literally everyone I know is done with him.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 11:26:15 am
He's gone, there's no breaks to pump.
You actually seem to be agreeing that there is no reason to get in a hurry.

PorkRinds

Quote from: rtr on November 05, 2017, 08:08:35 am
I will add this is a much worse situation than we had with Nutt.

No it isn't. Not even close.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 05, 2017, 12:09:17 pm

Nutt never had this pathetic on field performance. This is a real dumpster fire.

riccoar

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 05, 2017, 12:09:17 pm
Hell, I rank Nutt the worse of all time.  That sorry SOB tried to burn this program on the way out the door.

But in regards to BB, seeing yesterday, winning even one of the 3 would be a miracle.  Regardless of how he leaves, if the next guy gets 5 years we will be better off than we are now.