Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's on the menu for the Super Bowl?

Started by Boarcephus, February 06, 2016, 07:45:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

February 06, 2016, 07:45:52 pm Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 06:44:01 am by Boarcephus
Going to fire up the egg an cook a couple filets, some big shrimp and a fairly large Cajun Marinated Pork Loin.  Haven't cooked one in a while and tomorrow seems like a good day to do it.  Couple baked potatoes, corn on the cob, won't be bad.  I'll hang with the SB as long as Denver has a chance.  Cannot bring myself to watch that prick Cam Newton win it and if it appears he's on his way, I'm off to something else. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

bigstyx

Low key this year. Brats on the Egg and a batch of your White Chicken Chili in the Crockpot. Various chips and dips...Don't much care for either of these teams so not putting forth a tremendous effort.

DeltaBoy

Chili for Lunch and  Pork Chops and such for Supper.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkRinds

I went to a pot luck.  I'm sort of a snob when it comes to food, so pot lucks aren't usually all that great of an experience for me.  This one had some decent stuff.  Great dips and desserts.  The stars of the show were wings that were nasty, frozen from a bag ,and not crispy at all. Not good.  A guy brought "pulled pork", which excited me.  Then he pulled out a carton of that crap they sell at sams and call pulled pork.  I think next time I'll sign up for a main dish and bring some REAL smoked meat.  You never realize how spoiled you are food wise when you see what others call good food.  Sorry, I know this sounded really dickish.  But it's all true!

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 08, 2016, 11:19:18 am
You never realize how spoiled you are food wise when you see what others call good food.  Sorry, I know this sounded really dickish.  But it's all true!

This is true!  ;)  I think of this just about every time I see someone claim Does is a great place to eat.  I've found very few things I eat out that I can't do a helluva lot better myself. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boarcephus on February 08, 2016, 11:46:40 am
This is true!  ;)  I think of this just about every time I see someone claim Does is a great place to eat.  I've found very few things I eat out that I can't do a helluva lot better myself.

I used to be a Doe's fan until I had two bad experiences in a row. If they're gonna charge me that much it better be good. And they should have a chef and not a cook making $8 an hour. JMO of course. I wish I could get dry aged beef around here.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 08, 2016, 11:55:10 am
I used to be a Doe's fan until I had two bad experiences in a row. If they're gonna charge me that much it better be good. And they should have a chef and not a cook making $8 an hour. JMO of course. I wish I could get dry aged beef around here.
Looks like it is pretty easy to do it yourself.  I think I am going to try this.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 08, 2016, 03:24:31 pm
Looks like it is pretty easy to do it yourself.  I think I am going to try this.

I just can't talk my wife into allowing our refrigerator to smell like rotting flesh for a few weeks. I've heard the bags do a good job, but not like dry aging.

thebignasty

I smoked a pork butt. Had homemade potato salad and mac n cheese with it.   

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 08, 2016, 04:03:12 pm
I just can't talk my wife into allowing our refrigerator to smell like rotting flesh for a few weeks. I've heard the bags do a good job, but not like dry aging.

Get some of those umai bags.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1191750/28-day-dry-aged-rib-eyes#latest
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

DeltaBoy

I went to a pot luck.  I'm sort of a snob when it comes to food, so pot lucks aren't usually all that great of an experience for me.  This one had some decent stuff.  Great dips and desserts.  The stars of the show were wings that were nasty, frozen from a bag ,and not crispy at all. Not good.  A guy brought "pulled pork", which excited me.  Then he pulled out a carton of that crap they sell at sams and call pulled pork.  I think next time I'll sign up for a main dish and bring some REAL smoked meat.  You never realize how spoiled you are food wise when you see what others call good food.  Sorry, I know this sounded really dickish.  But it's all true!

Nope you just have a higher standard of what good food.  Growing up with 2 Great grandmothers 2 Grandmothers and a Mom all who could cook and did 95% from Scratch I had pretty high standards before I went to college and spent 4 years working food service for St Vincent Infirmary in Little Rock.  Which exposed my palate to Caviar , Chicken Cordon Bleu and Shark steaks.

My humble kitchen is filled with 60-120 year old Black Cast Iron and Old Hickory Kitchen Knifes.

Wings had to grow on me cause we use to get them for almost free from the butcher to use as Catfish Trot Line bait. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Hog_Swanson

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

zane

A Tailgate Central pot luck would be the bee's knees
RIP LSUfan

DeltaBoy

Hog_Swanson

PharmacistHog

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 08, 2016, 11:55:10 am
I wish I could get dry aged beef around here.

Just called Richards and they don't do a dry aged beef.  What they have is the 3-4 week wet aged in the cryovac packaging.  My brother has a source of the dry aged prime rib in Springfield.  Don't know if Dimes in Springdale does it or not. 

PorkRinds

My butcher will dry age for me if I buy a massive cut of $100 or more.  I just don't have the room to store it so I've only done it once, when I was cooking for a party. 

BR

I served about 120 Meals of BR's Smoked Chicken, Smoked Wings, Beans, slaw and more on Ambergris Caye Belize.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PharmacistHog

BR

It did not suck. We sold it for $9.00 US a plate...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"