Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sauce/Rub Store Bought

Started by BR, December 18, 2015, 03:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

STOREBOUGHT Sauce and Rub... What is your go to... Don't care if you make your own, so do I. This is what do you BUY if you do....

Mine is
Head Country Sauce/ Plowboys Yard Bird Rub
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PorkRinds

I like Butt Rub. As for sauce I switch it up. I actually look to see what doesn't have HFCS in it because I figure they take more pride in their sauce. Curleys is pretty good. As is stickey's. I usually Doctor them up though.

majestic

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 18, 2015, 04:04:57 pm
I like Butt Rub. As for sauce I switch it up. I actually look to see what doesn't have HFCS in it because I figure they take more pride in their sauce. Curleys is pretty good. As is stickey's. I usually Doctor them up though.
Totally with you on the HFCS. And that is with everything I buy.

I'll tell you, I don't make my own rub anymore.  I buy several containers of rib rub from Cowboy's BBQ in Batesville every time I go there. I will still add a few other things to it, but it is great on ribs or pretty much anything I put on the smoker.  It plus a little brown sugar produces a great bark.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

PharmacistHog

Plowboys yardbird is my favorite on chicken or pork. Okie Joe's sauce is my favorite sauce but have to buy it in KC. If I'm outta that I still like Mcclards.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

HawgWild

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 19, 2015, 04:15:57 pm
Plowboys yardbird is my favorite on chicken or pork. Okie Joe's sauce is my favorite sauce but have to buy it in KC. If I'm outta that I still like Mcclards.

Don't you sprinkle a little Mrs. Wages in there as well? ;)

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HawgWild on December 19, 2015, 04:41:59 pm
Don't you sprinkle a little Mrs. Wages in there as well? ;)

After the fact
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Boog41

For a bought rub I will sometimes use Famous Dave's and mix some raw sugar in with it.

For a sauce I mix Craig's hot with KC Masterpiece original.

wilyhawg

Plowboys Yardbird Rub/ Woody's Dry Rub/ Family Tradition Mountain Smoke sauce/ Rufus Teague Touch O' Heat sauce

Tigerloather

I like to mix Sassy Jones & Sweet Baby Ray's.
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

HawgWild

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 21, 2015, 10:55:48 am
On a more useful note, I know it isn't quite on topic here but have y'all tried the House of Tsang sauces?  This stuff is pretty good - especially this

Do you use it for other than stir fry?

I blend Sriracha sauce in with A-1 Thick & Hearty for a steak sauce with a kick. I'm also experimenting with using Ssam sauce as a blend with others.

jdelo77

Moores beef marinade is great on beef
I'm with on the yard bird for pork
John Henry pecan rub is great on almost everything

theFlyingHog

My rubs are always store bought. I mix several different kinds then add in different things for the profile I want. I have a brisket sauce recipe I got from El Dorado CC and for pork I just buy whatever I feel like at the moment

HawgWild

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 22, 2015, 07:20:41 pm
Experimenting with sauces can produce some tasty results - but I have to ask what is Ssam?

It's a Korean chili paste. I use it like Siriracha.

DeltaBoy

Sweet Baby Ray
Craig's
Shaddens if Momma can find it any more in Eastern Ark.
Per Johnny Trigg  Tiger sauce.

Rub
Daves
Head Country
Atkins
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ImHogginIt

Rub: Plowboys or Bad Byron's Butt Rub
Sauce: Always Sweet Baby Ray's.

Tim Harris

DeltaBoy

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 08, 2016, 02:28:05 pm
Rub: Plowboys or Bad Byron's Butt Rub
Sauce: Always Sweet Baby Ray's.

Amen Sweet Baby Ray's is da bomb.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

PorkRinds

Sorry, but SBR's is garbage.  I don't know why it's so darn popular. 

BR

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 14, 2016, 03:23:15 pm
I agree

ImHogginIt

Because it is frickin' delicious !  :-*

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

DeltaBoy

PharmacistHog

Ha!  I share your opinion. Can't figure out why so many people love that stuff. Baffling. If you are ever up BR's way, joe's KC bbq sauce (formerly oklahoma joes) is one of my favorites. They sell it in a few places around KC.

DeltaBoy

January 18, 2016, 09:29:19 am #23 Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:56:59 am by DeltaBoy
I generally buy what is on sale and doctor it up. But for Little Smokies and Chicken SBR Original or Hickory are my favorites.

Filthy_McSwine

Don't know about garbage, but it's too sweet for me.  As far as store-bought, I like Stubbs spicy.

HawgWild

I included a bottle of their BBQ sauce in my recent Panola hot sauce order. I've never tried it but their Gourmet Pepper Sauce is a favorite of mine. They have free shipping if you order $75 or more. I'm pretty well stocked for the next several months.

DadVader1

My go to rub for chicken is Dizzy Pig's Swamp Venom, for ribs, pork butts, and brisket it is Texas BBQ Rub (order online). 

My favorite sauce is Stubby's, but I usually keep 3 or 4 different sauces around so that I'll have at least one that is sweet, one with some heat, and one with more of a vinegar bite.  I stock up on Stubby's whenever I pass through Hot Springs and have been known to make a bit of a drive to Breitweiser's in Benton if I run out.

DeltaBoy

I also buy Stubbs when it is on sale.

thebignasty

Big mo casons' bbq sauce is the best I've bought.

I like the 50/50 coffee rub at Richard's and usually buy that if I don't make it myself.

pigture perfect

Marie Sharpes has a great  marinade. Has a Belizian twist to it. I Doctor it up with a little molasses and vinegar for a great bbq sauce.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

This week the County Pork Ribs will get some smoke on the Weber and a nice slow finish in the Crock Pot.

nwahogs

Head country sauce
Oakridge bbq seasoning
Fallback season is head country and plowboys

PharmacistHog

Quote from: nwahogs on February 04, 2016, 05:59:46 pm
Head country sauce
Oakridge bbq seasoning
Fallback season is head country and plowboys

Which oakridge rubs you like. I think I have several kinds and kinda forgot about them and havent used any of them.

nwahogs

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 04, 2016, 08:15:36 pm
Which oakridge rubs you like. I think I have several kinds and kinda forgot about them and havent used any of them.

I love the gamebird and chicken rub. Use the beef and pork rub a lot too. The rib rub isn't my favorite though. I think it's the cinnamon or something I don't care for

wilyhawg

I tried Willingham's Wham Seasoning recently and loved it on ribs and chicken. I almost threw it away after opening and smelling it. That stuff will clean your sinuses but it mellows out during cooking.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: wilyhawg on February 08, 2016, 02:00:03 pm
I tried Willingham's Wham Seasoning recently and loved it on ribs and chicken. I almost threw it away after opening and smelling it. That stuff will clean your sinuses but it mellows out during cooking.

Thanks  I been running Head Country , Famous Dave's and Atkins

LSUFan

I use BUTT RUB and Rendezvous' Sauce.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DeltaBoy

I got a bottle of regular Head County this week.  Pork ribs in the Crock Pot are on the menu.

Pulled(PP)pork

oh, thought you were becoming an entrepreneur

PP

DeltaBoy

Country Ribs turned out great.

BR

All you folks... ADD to this...   WHAT is your GO TO store bought sauce and Store Bought Rub's...

Mine is
Head Country Sauce/ EAT Barbecue Sauce
Plowboys Yard Bird Rub/ PitMakerRubs:  Jalapeno Butter or Honey Q http://pitmaker.mybigcommerce.com/grilling-spices-bbq-rubs/

PharmacistHog

Head Country/joes kc bbq sauce

Plowboys yardbird/strawberrys/meat church's holy gospel

EconHawg

Redneck Lipstick or head country sauce.

Head country rub.

jacobp

Oakridge makes some outstanding rubs. Not sure if available in stores, i generally order direct.
Black Ops for brisket, carne crosta for the occasional steak. their SPOGOS is a great all around rub.

for pork butts and ribs, lately i've been using a lot of Honey Hog, made by Meat Church.
Chicken, got to go with yardbird.

rcopela

Head Country rub mixed 50/50 with Cavenders for smoking pork butt
Head Country sauce mixed with little honey for glaze

Boarcephus

These are my two go to rubs for pork and Ahi Tuna.  Chicken I soak in a marinate and hit with Zatarain's and Cavanders is great for beef.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EconHawg

If you can find it, TexJoy steak seasoning is really good. Haven't seen it outside of Texas in a long time though.

ricepig

I use Strawberry's and Cavendar's, I might venture into some of these others, they look good.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ricepig on October 11, 2019, 11:39:51 am
I use Strawberry's and Cavendar's, I might venture into some of these others, they look good.

Bought Strawberry's online a few times but can't find it in stores in DFW. I get Plowboys at Academy Sports