Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This PAGE

Started by BR, November 05, 2015, 10:57:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

It used to be a great place every day to find food stuff.  I'm starting to hang around a little bit... Damn where is all the cooks....  :razorback:
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

PorkRinds

A couple of us post occasionally, but it really has fallen off.  We need to get it going again.  It's been basically the Delta show, with nothing but him lusting over some hot chick that cooks!  :)

DeltaBoy

BR I am tapped out of new ideas and we seemed to have covered 98% of anything I eat here the past years. I just search here first then on the rest of the WWW.  Food Network the Cooking Channel and Recipes dotcom are da bomb.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boarcephus

Dropped off a bunch, maybe  because it's football season.  Did come up with something the other day which turned out pretty darn good.  It was a Cajun seafood stew.  After ten years of packing your lunch you're into trying different things so I surfed the net and combined ideas from 3-4 recipes and came up with it.  Not bad.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

Until
Last week we were still playing fall baseball so i didnt have time to cook. Maybe I can get back in the groove now.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

BR

November 07, 2015, 06:07:59 am #6 Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:18:51 am by BR
I still hang out across the street some, but damn this page use to be awesome...  NO BS just food & drinks.  Spend a lot of time running my food page on Facebook..  https://www.facebook.com/groups/brstikibarfoodpage/

ldfergu

I'm not much of a contributer but I really enjoy trying out some of the things I read on here

PorkRinds

Quote from: BR on November 07, 2015, 06:07:59 am
I still hang out across the street some, but damn this page use to be awesome...  NO BS just food & drinks.  Spend a lot of time running my food page on Facebook..  https://www.facebook.com/groups/brstikibarfoodpage/

One of our more common posters that used to provide a ton of recipes and such decided to switch over and start his own food page on Facebook. it's been a slow crawl down since then... ;)

BR

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 07, 2015, 09:46:10 am
One of our more common posters that used to provide a ton of recipes and such decided to switch over and start his own food page on Facebook. it's been a slow crawl down since then... ;)
Well I also got fired as Mod from this page also.. So I didn't figure they needed my help, but I still looked at it...    8) 

Silence O the Hams

Quote from: BR on November 07, 2015, 11:07:06 am
Well I also got fired as Mod from this page also.. So I didn't figure they needed my help, but I still looked at it...    8) 

How do you get fired as a mod?   

ldfergu

Quote from: Silence O the Hams on November 07, 2015, 12:32:57 pm

Especially on a food page? Did you have a vegan post?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Silence O the Hams on November 07, 2015, 12:32:57 pm

Obviously Wayno and Harris are better cooks than BR. 

BR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 09, 2015, 11:12:19 am
No Doubt

PharmacistHog

I kinda lost interest after you left, BR.  I don't facebook so that doesn't help.  If I post anything its usually on that big green egg forum.  Its just easier than having to load to photobucket and then post here.  Guess I'm lazy. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 09, 2015, 11:12:19 am

Lol.  Those two don't even post here! 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 10, 2015, 11:56:30 am
Lol.  Those two don't even post here! 

We should boycott until Wayne and Harris step down.  I vote PorkRinds goes on the hunger strike. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 10, 2015, 12:22:09 pm
We should boycott until Wayne and Harris step down.  I vote PorkRinds goes on the hunger strike.

Maybe we can talk the hogs' football team into sitting out until they resign...

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 10, 2015, 01:10:05 pm
Maybe we can talk the hogs' football team into sitting out until they resign...

Or at least boycott the jelly sandwiches at halftime. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 10, 2015, 01:13:45 pm
Or at least boycott the jelly sandwiches at halftime.

You don't wanna see Skipper if he gets shorted a jelly sammich...

BR

I'll try to post more, but have a ton of stuff in the real world to deal with. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: BR on November 10, 2015, 07:06:18 pm
I'll try to post more, but have a ton of stuff in the real world to deal with. 

Me too. We having another baby boy in april. That makes 3 boys. 8 yr old, 5 yr old, and a new born. And we are 40. Wow. We really must be nuts.

BR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 10, 2015, 08:40:42 pm
Me too. We having another baby boy in april. That makes 3 boys. 8 yr old, 5 yr old, and a new born. And we are 40. Wow. We really must be nuts.
I understand that..  My father in law is dying, maybe today I am headed to Seattle ASAP. My wife has been up there for a few days now... Our Kitchen is down to the Bare Studs, totally remodeling it. A ton of other stuff, so kinda busy for the moment..

PharmacistHog

Quote from: BR on November 11, 2015, 10:12:58 am
I understand that..  My father in law is dying, maybe today I am headed to Seattle ASAP. My wife has been up there for a few days now... Our Kitchen is down to the Bare Studs, totally remodeling it. A ton of other stuff, so kinda busy for the moment..

Man I'm sorry to hear of your family stuff. Hope you have safe trip. Will be in our prayers.

jdelo77

sorry to hear that BR ! I plan to redeem myself ! Smoker is loaded today boys !

Großer Kriegschwein

Pork sirloin end roast in Dutch oven with beef broth, stuffed with thin sliced onions, andouille, eggplant, with roasted potatoes, carrots and onion.

Make gravy out of the drippings

Bread and butter.

Sweet tea

Razorback victory

Great night.
This is my non-signature signature.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 11, 2015, 11:01:48 am
Man I'm sorry to hear of your family stuff. Hope you have safe trip. Will be in our prayers.

Hate to hear it brother. Prayers.
This is my non-signature signature.

jdelo77

Three racks of baby backs , 10 pound Boston butt , chicken thighs and wings !!!

BR

THANKS everyone for the kind words.... Just got back from Washington state, hell of week... Now time to get cooking again..

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BR on November 11, 2015, 10:12:58 am

Prayers sent.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

BR

DeltaBoy

I have been in and out since last Friday and missed your post till last night. Prayer sent for you family at the Holidays start Tomorrow.