Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spice Chart

Started by Hogfaniam, July 15, 2015, 05:53:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LSUFan

I'm calling BS bc Indian is nothing but Curry.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

jacobp

lol,
there really is no spice called curry so its interesting they included it in that chart. Curry is made up from all the other stuff they listed, plus several more.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LSUFan on July 17, 2015, 03:06:58 am
I'm calling BS bc Indian is nothing but Curry.

Incorrect. I've actually been cooking some Indian food, and that list is spot on. In fact, curry  powders are just a mix of a lot of those igredients, especially turmeric. I've been cooking some Thai too, and those are correct as well.

panhandlepig

What I noticed is there is no cilantro anywhere to be found on that chart. How can that be? Whomever made that chart forgot to include cilantro.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: panhandlepig on July 18, 2015, 10:13:00 pm
  What I noticed is there is no cilantro anywhere to be found on that chart. How can that be? Whomever made that chart forgot to include cilantro.

Corriander is cilantro
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Boarcephus

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 18, 2015, 08:35:49 pm
Incorrect. I've actually been cooking some Indian food, and that list is spot on. In fact, curry  powders are just a mix of a lot of those igredients, especially turmeric. I've been cooking some Thai too, and those are correct as well.

Speaking of Indian food, tried my first last weekend at Flavors in Bentonville.  Actually liked the goat.  Can't say I loved it but did find it interesting.   Not bad but also not something I crave.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 18, 2015, 08:35:49 pm

You're so full of it. All you ever cook is polenta.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

PorkRinds

Quote from: PharmacistHog on July 20, 2015, 09:55:49 am
You're so full of it. All you ever cook is polenta.

^^ truth

HawgWild

PharmacistHog, Where's the Mrs. Wages?  ;D

PharmacistHog

Quote from: HawgWild on July 21, 2015, 08:55:03 am
PharmacistHog, Where's the Mrs. Wages?  ;D

That falls under redneck cuisine. It also includes bacon, jalapenos, and lots and lots of lard.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

82abn Ard

What about a cuisine from Arkansas, only thing on it would be Cavenders