Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas St. defense vs. Arkansas defense...unbelievable!

Started by InHOGuration Ball, November 04, 2017, 09:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

InHOGuration Ball

November 04, 2017, 09:49:58 pm Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:54:56 pm by InHOGuration Ball
Just one week ago....

Texas St. defense allowed 0 pts by CC.   Arkansas defense gave up 31 pts(7 by offense).  The 7 points that CC scored came on a fumble returned for a touchdown.

Texas St. defense held CC to 183 total yards.  AR gave up 359.
Texas St. defense held CC to 49 yards rushing.   AR gave up 131. 
Texas St. made CC punt 9 times.  AR just 4 and 2 of those came late. 

Defensive coaches need to be held accountable for this...something is terribly wrong and it's just not talent.   Texas St. does not have that kind of talent...

kodiakisland

Well, Rhodes had not been successful for quite some time before coming here, so I'm not sure why so many thought things would change.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

GolfNut57

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 04, 2017, 09:51:30 pm
Well, Rhodes had not been successful for quite some time before coming here, so I'm not sure why so many thought things would change.

What did you expect of Rhodes after being married to Marcy?  ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

alohawg

This is an indictment if ever. Just beyond inexcusable.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

kodiakisland

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 04, 2017, 09:53:52 pm
What did you expect of Rhodes after being married to Marcy?  ;)

I'll bother to spell it correctly when he bothers to coach correctly.  Don't figure I'll have to look it up.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Sed76

During the game they put up a graphic saying last year Arkansas was 86th in the country in total defense. This year 111, it really doesn't get much worse than the product they put on the field. Just terrible.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: Sed76 on November 04, 2017, 10:15:06 pm
During the game they put up a graphic saying last year Arkansas was 86th in the country in total defense. This year 111, it really doesn't get much worse than the product they put on the field. Just terrible.
I guess Jeff is waiting on us to hit rock bottom.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Totofan

Those stats are mind-numbing and completely embarassing.

Vantage 8 dude

Well I'm certainly relieved that our switch to a "3-4" was the cure all.

hogsanity

But it'll all be fixed by hiring a spread offense coach. I still do not understand how hiring a spread offese coach is going to fix the defense, but hey, Hogville says it is, so it must be.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cjack

Woooo Pig Soooie!

The Pulse

These last 3 games are gonna be ugly. We might finish rock bottom.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: hogsanity on November 06, 2017, 02:15:48 pm
But it'll all be fixed by hiring a spread offense coach. I still do not understand how hiring a spread offese coach is going to fix the defense, but hey, Hogville says it is, so it must be.
We have issues on offense too. A spread is our best chance at beating bama, ole miss is proof of that
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

swinemaster

It's a good post but it is inaccurate.  The defense only gave up 31 points to CC.   :puke:

jkstock04

Hogville also said Petrino didn't care about defense, I believe you said we got our "skulls cracked" on a regular basis because of such...but Bielema was a defensive genius who was going to fix everything on the defensive side lol. Our defense under Bielema is the worst EVER.

These past two years, what he has done with our defense is beyond comprehension...and he's supposedly a smashmouth, defensive type coach. So...your finger pointing on this rings pretty hollow.

Even you...with your logic that any fan expecting the Hogs to ever be competitive being dumb, would have to agree that if we can never field a competent defense because no coach can recruit here...we may as well get an X's and O's guy to put up points and try and outscore opponents similar to what ok state does. With the way high school football is these days it's gotta be easier for a school like Arkansas to recruit offensive players...especially skill players.

The path to Arkansas being the "most successful" isn't going to be hiring a guy like Charlie strong or Les Miles.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

cjack

Texas State is in Texas, after all.  They have better recruits.   ::hornsdown::    /s
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Cinco de Hogo

Someone please pull his energizer bunny batteries! 

InHOGuration Ball

Quote from: swinemaster on November 06, 2017, 02:45:20 pm
It's a good post but it is inaccurate.  The defense only gave up 31 points to CC.   :puke:

You are correct.  Our offense did give them 7 points, I missed that.  Thanks.   

Danny J

Quote from: cjack on November 06, 2017, 02:17:42 pm
Bend don't break.....Hahahahahaha
With terrible tacklers and bad safety play...makes no sense then only rushing 3 90% of the time...

I saw a stat compiled by some website that showed defenses ranked by the amount of 20 or 30 yard plays given up and we were right at the top. Bend but don't break baby!!!