Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One thing BB leaving would do

Started by hogsanity, September 17, 2017, 10:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on September 19, 2017, 11:15:08 am
It's not that many when you consider I have been a member here for almost 14 years. It's only about 5 or 6 a day. And when you think about what went on during that time, it is really not that many at all.

I've been here a year less than you and have a third of your posts but have probably tripled your word count.   ;) 

I think you underestimate the influence Hogville as the collection of its members has on the administration and on the fanbase in general.  That is why I don't find threads like this amusing.  First, I believe the team itself is young but very close to being a good football team that can win any game on the schedule except Alabama.  Second, and for that reason, speculating about hiring a new head coach right before the conference season starts is asinine, and it is even more asinine to discuss, even if it's tongue in cheek, how much fun the coaching search will be, insinuating that you will enjoy watching the morons (to whom you are clearly of superior intellect) make fools of themselves during the search.   

You had a grandmother who made you a Razorbacks fan, much in the way mine did me.  Mine also told me that if I had nothing nice to say to say nothing at all.  Did your grandmother not tell you that, too? 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Uncle Remus

Mark my words...we will not be getting a new coach.  I really hope that no one here has any desire for that to happen for their personal amusement...that would be truly sad!

Kevin

Quote from: gchamblee on September 19, 2017, 11:42:32 am
JLS was a temp hire at a time of year where nobody was hiring coaches. Holding the JLS hire against him is what I would do if I wanted to blur the reality of a mans coaching hires for the sake of justifying my opinion. CBP was a winner and CBB is nothing to be ashamed of. He is a solid coach and has done a lot of good for us even though he is short on wins. People that call him a POS simply because he doesn't win enough are not the type of people that shape my opinions, on anything.

he did not need to bring jls back. he could have just elevated one of the assistants.
bringing back debt ridden jls was bad judgement.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgTrough

after snagging Petrino from the Falcons right after Monday Night Football.....Anything's possible
WPS

gchamblee

After watching Denver demolish the cowboys this weekend, I went to the cowboys subreddit to see their fans reactions. Cowboys went 13-3 last year and have very talented youth in key positions, yet their fans wanted the entire coaching staff fired. It really feels like sports fans magnify how stupid society has become. Idiocracy is a documentary, not a movie.

phadedhawg

Quote from: gchamblee on September 19, 2017, 11:48:59 am
After watching Denver demolish the cowboys this weekend, I went to the cowboys subreddit to see their fans reactions. Cowboys went 13-3 last year and have very talented youth in key positions, yet their fans wanted the entire coaching staff fired. It really feels like sports fans magnify how stupid society has become. Idiocracy is a documentary, not a movie.

I mean if I were a cowboys fan I'd be concerned about having the grandchild of one of the Lollipop Kids as a coach....just sayin'....

Hawgboy64

Quote from: gchamblee on September 19, 2017, 11:42:32 am
JLS was a temp hire at a time of year where nobody was hiring coaches. Holding the JLS hire against him is what I would do if I wanted to blur the reality of a mans coaching hires for the sake of justifying my opinion. CBP was a winner and CBB is nothing to be ashamed of. He is a solid coach and has done a lot of good for us even though he is short on wins. People that call him a POS simply because he doesn't win enough are not the type of people that shape my opinions, on anything.
Long is the boss and I can hold JL Smith against him. He made the move because it was easy not because it was good. I never said Bret was a POS, but you pay a coach millions for wins. To be in year 5 of Bret's tenure, we should expect more. Arkansas can win big every 3-4 years and be very competitive the rest of the time. Bobby proved it can be done. I don't expect a move to be made but, a program that expected to win would.
"Of all the things I've lost, my mind is what I miss the most." Mark Twain

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 19, 2017, 11:44:54 am
I've been here a year less than you and have a third of your posts but have probably tripled your word count.   ;) 

I think you underestimate the influence Hogville as the collection of its members has on the administration and on the fanbase in general.  That is why I don't find threads like this amusing.  First, I believe the team itself is young but very close to being a good football team that can win any game on the schedule except Alabama.  Second, and for that reason, speculating about hiring a new head coach right before the conference season starts is asinine, and it is even more asinine to discuss, even if it's tongue in cheek, how much fun the coaching search will be, insinuating that you will enjoy watching the morons (to whom you are clearly of superior intellect) make fools of themselves during the search.   

You had a grandmother who made you a Razorbacks fan, much in the way mine did me.  Mine also told me that if I had nothing nice to say to say nothing at all.  Did your grandmother not tell you that, too? 

I did not call anyone names. Go read my op. It was OBVIOUSLY meant in humor.

BTW, my grandam loved the coaching searches. She'd call me 5 times a day asking if I had heard anything.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Quote from: hogsanity on September 19, 2017, 01:18:31 pm
I did not call anyone names. Go read my op. It was OBVIOUSLY meant in humor.

BTW, my grandam loved the coaching searches. She'd call me 5 times a day asking if I had heard anything.

in·sin·u·ate

1. suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way.

I never said you called anyone a name.  I did use the word "insinuate", and your insinuation was clear, as it usually is.  Do you have a different explanation than my interpretation that you believe Hogville posters are morons and you enjoy watching them make fools of themselves? 

Maybe my sense of humor is different than yours.  I don't get my sense of self-worth from making fun of others. 

Did your grandma really love coaching searches, or was she just curious because she was a big fan?  A coaching search usually means something bad has happened.  Either a less than successful coach was fired or a good coach was hired by someone else.  I'll bet she didn't love the search to replace Petrino and that her druthers were that it had never happened.  I'll bet she didn't ridicule others on Hogville and further doubt she would approve of your doing so. 

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 19, 2017, 01:31:48 pm
in·sin·u·ate

1. suggest or hint (something bad or reprehensible) in an indirect and unpleasant way.

I never said you called anyone a name.  I did use the word "insinuate", and your insinuation was clear, as it usually is.  Do you have a different explanation than my interpretation that you believe Hogville posters are morons and you enjoy watching them make fools of themselves? 

Maybe my sense of humor is different than yours.  I don't get my sense of self-worth from making fun of others. 

Did your grandma really love coaching searches, or was she just curious because she was a big fan?  A coaching search usually means something bad has happened.  Either a less than successful coach was fired or a good coach was hired by someone else.  I'll bet she didn't love the search to replace Petrino and that her druthers were that it had never happened.  I'll bet she didn't ridicule others on Hogville and further doubt she would approve of your doing so. 

She was 95 and pretty much blind and homebound by the time of the last search. I think she liked that one just for something to keep up with other than politics ( she had to have Fox news on her tv 14 hrs a day ).

And I meant it, it is quite entertaining all the tail numbers, flight tracking, coach sightings, etc.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

September 19, 2017, 02:43:26 pm #60 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 03:19:27 pm by bphi11ips
Quote from: hogsanity on September 19, 2017, 02:01:25 pm
She was 95 and pretty much blind and homebound by the time of the last search. I think she liked that one just for something to keep up with other than politics ( she had to have Fox news on her tv 14 hrs a day ).

And I meant it, it is quite entertaining all the tail numbers, flight tracking, coach sightings, etc.

Fair enough, but here is what you wrote in the OP:

". . . is provide weeks of entertainment watching the board track planes, analyze Gruden's ties, quote friends of friends og [sic] their mechanics, and all the sightings of Pete Carroll in Fayetteville."

Again, I don't think the time for this subject is ripe, and it is asinine to raise it now, but if you had to raise it, could you have done it in a way that doesn't insult Hogville posters?  Sure you could have.  You just did.

Okay.  Enough of this.  You have a lot to contribute to this Board when you want to.  You also inject a lot of angst here with some of your posts that run down the program and your fellow posters.  I don't get that. 

With respect to the program itself, I've refuted your "average" theory pretty completely since TCU with the true history.  I didn't make the history up but did provide links to support it.

With respect to the way you treat Hogville posters in general, I'd suggest you show them the same respect you would probably like them to show you.  Your grandma would approve of that, yes? 

code red

Quote from: hogsanity on September 17, 2017, 10:11:25 pm
is provide weeks of entertainment watching the board track planes, analyze Gruden's ties, quote friends of friends og their mechanics, and all the sightings of Pete Carroll in Fayetteville.

BTW, if they do not go at least 5-7 i think we will be seeing all those things.
Kyle Whittingham.....defensive mind with a offense that would work at Arkansas.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou