Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reggie Perry has officially decommited

Started by BannerMountainMan, June 24, 2017, 05:06:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

What's up with him thinking about decommiting?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HUNGLOWHOG

where did this come from ?

Letsroll1200

He made a post saying decisions and a Lot of fans are thinking he's decommiting.

BigSexyHog

This is why we can't have nice things
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on June 24, 2017, 11:26:45 pm
He made a post saying decisions and a Lot of fans are thinking he's decommiting.

He also deleted the post.

Pancetta

Now his parents have released statement that these are just rumours and if they made that decision they would call CMA before announcing on social media. However, they never say explicitly Reggie is still committed. I hope he is. Arkansas staff offered before he was even on anyone else's radar. He's a great impact player and he will be a difference maker here or anywhere else he goes.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

The_Iceman

Get ready people. I'd bet he will never be a Hog. He wants NBA after one year, and that is not Mike's focus. After reading the comment from his mom, if expect a decommitment by the end of the summer.

AWHAWG

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 25, 2017, 06:00:12 pm
Get ready people. I'd bet he will never be a Hog. He wants NBA after one year, and that is not Mike's focus. After reading the comment from his mom, if expect a decommitment by the end of the summer.

Please stop! 

We are a great program there are those so called fans that never wanted CMA successful that will stop at nothing to make sure the program does not get momentum. That train has left the station. Glad to have you Mr. Perry one and done. Two and done,  four years it does not matter. We are happy to have you!!!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Pancetta on June 25, 2017, 05:25:31 pm
Now his parents have released statement that these are just rumours and if they made that decision they would call CMA before announcing on social media. However, they never say explicitly Reggie is still committed. I hope he is. Arkansas staff offered before he was even on anyone else's radar. He's a great impact player and he will be a difference maker here or anywhere else he goes.

His explicit commitment tweet is pinned on his twitter page.

The Third Pig

Quote from: Pancetta on June 25, 2017, 05:25:31 pm
Right after saying that any de-commitment would start with a meeting with Anderson, they stated that that had not been done. 

3kgthog

If your goal is the league, you're looking at Mike having only one of his Arkansas kids in it. That doesn't mean you can't get there from here. It just means you likely won't be a top 5-10 pick because you aren't going to get the minutes or showcase time due to wonky subbing patterns and style of play.

We're a 4-star destination for kids that can turn into mid-first round guys. It's not a slam on the program. That's simply Mike's approach to running his team. We should never be surprised that a kid starts looking elsewhere when he blows up. They want to be shown the big money and an aged Joe Johnson is the only Hog commanding that type of cash. Many don't even know who he is since he's had one of the quietest borderline HOF careers in NBA history. That's a tough sell to today's instant gratification generation.

mbgrulz

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 25, 2017, 09:44:53 pm
If your goal is the league, you're looking at Mike having only one of his Arkansas kids in it. That doesn't mean you can't get there from here. It just means you likely won't be a top 5-10 pick because you aren't going to get the minutes or showcase time due to wonky subbing patterns and style of play.

We're a 4-star destination for kids that can turn into mid-first round guys. It's not a slam on the program. That's simply Mike's approach to running his team. We should never be surprised that a kid starts looking elsewhere when he blows up. They want to be shown the big money and an aged Joe Johnson is the only Hog commanding that type of cash. Many don't even know who he is since he's had one of the quietest borderline HOF careers in NBA history. That's a tough sell to today's instant gratification generation.
If Monk came to Arkansas, he would have averaged comparable scoring #'s...double the assists...more opportunities to handle the ball and IMO a higher draft position. He made a mistake going to play with D. Fox IYAM.

ShadowHawg

Didn't Fulz just go number one coming from a team with a losing record and a program you could say the same things about?

HOGINTENNESSEE

NBA drafts on Ath Ability and skill. MA's subbing patterns would have no impact on a kids draft stock. All the European players drafted have similar or lower MPG average than that of MA's top players. But the NBA still drafts them high.

In addition, kids from NC State and Washington got picked the top 10. Further proof it doesn't matter were you go to school.

FineAsSwine

Zach Collins from Gonzaga. Started zero games and only averaged 17.2 minutes per game and he was a top 10 pick last week after only one year.
Hogs up! Covid down!

chiti66

Kyrie Irving......hurt most of his only season at Duke.....#1 pick. 

010HogFan

Not true at all. The reason we have only had one NBA guy is because that's the only one that was without a shadow of a doubt talented enough to go there. Really has nothing to do with the style of play. Give Mike NBA quality players out of HS and they would still go to the league.

outlawhogeywells

yes you would.  Every game is on TV somewhere.  If you are a top 5-10 talent out of hs you can be a top 5-10 pick out of Arkansas.  Kids with talent will get the minutes needed for exposure.  Portis got the minutes.  Last years teams had plenty of kids with over 20 mins a game.  Those that produce play

Jim Harris

if you are truly an NBA player, a great college player, you ARE going to get the minutes in Anderson's program. Those "wonky" substitution patterns are the result of having mix-and-match parts of guys who aren't great players, future NBA players. You're not going to keep a Corliss Williamson or a Joe Johnson on the bench for half the game. Nolan didn't, Mike wouldn't.
If anybody suffered in the "playing time" argument, it was the Kentucky team two years ago. Great players getting 18 minutes a game, because they simply had a whole lot of great players and only 200 total minutes to share.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

bkjbearcat

Quote from: The_Iceman on June 25, 2017, 06:00:12 pm

OK, here's my question. If Perry does decommit why did Arkansas keep MA here so long? Wasn't that the biggest argument from guys like Forrest Joe? If we fire MA, the '17 and '18 recruits are gone? So if MA's crown jewel recruit, the guy we need to keep MA to land leaves why still employ him as the HC?
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

bkjbearcat

Quote from: 010HogFan on June 26, 2017, 08:08:23 am
Not true at all. The reason we have only had one NBA guy is because that's the only one that was without a shadow of a doubt talented enough to go there. Really has nothing to do with the style of play. Give Mike NBA quality players out of HS and they would still go to the league.

That tells me more about MA's recruiting skills. Or lack there of.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

010HogFan

Quote from: bkjbearcat on June 26, 2017, 10:43:04 am
That tells me more about MA's recruiting skills. Or lack there of.

No argument with this statement but he didn't exactly inherit an attractive program. But before these Perry rumors everyone was on board that MA's recruiting was on the rise.

J-Five

Quote from: bkjbearcat on June 26, 2017, 10:37:55 am
OK, here's my question. If Perry does decommit why did Arkansas keep MA here so long? Wasn't that the biggest argument from guys like Forrest Joe? If we fire MA, the '17 and '18 recruits are gone? So if MA's crown jewel recruit, the guy we need to keep MA to land leaves why still employ him as the HC?

How is it MA's fault if he de-commits?  I don't understand how it could be on him...?!  Short of locking Perry in a room, or giving him a duffel bag full of money, how can ANY coach make a recruit KEEP his commitment?  Here's the answer for you....THEY CAN'T.  I get sick of the blame game.  Sometimes a recruit changes his mind, and it's no fault of anyone but that recruit....just a thought.  I know my post doesn't fit the "blame MA for everything" narrative, so I apologize in advance....
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: J-Five on June 26, 2017, 12:03:37 pm

How is it MA's fault if he de-commits?  I don't understand how it could be on him...?!  Short of locking Perry in a room, or giving him a duffel bag full of money, how can ANY coach make a recruit KEEP his commitment?  Here's the answer for you....THEY CAN'T.  I get sick of the blame game.  Sometimes a recruit changes his mind, and it's no fault of anyone but that recruit....just a thought.  I know my post doesn't fit the "blame MA for everything" narrative, so I apologize in advance....

Also, wasn't it fairly recent that Perry became the "crown jewel" of that class? Perception changes with recent rankings does it not? Mike saw it before others did apparently.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: J-Five on June 26, 2017, 12:03:37 pm

How is it MA's fault if he de-commits? 

Well it is his job

HF#1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 26, 2017, 12:16:30 pm
Well it is his job

To control the mind of a 17 year old? Gotcha...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

TNhawgfan

If he does decommit (and notice I said if) and then signs with UK, jump ball would never recover from the melt down
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 26, 2017, 12:07:56 pm
Also, wasn't it fairly recent that Perry became the "crown jewel" of that class? Perception changes with recent rankings does it not? Mike saw it before others did apparently.

Who would be the crown jewel other than Perry? He's always been the stud of the class.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: TNhawgfan on June 26, 2017, 02:23:25 pm
If he does decommit (and notice I said if) and then signs with UK, jump ball would never recover from the melt down

Nuclear. Chernobyl-esque

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 26, 2017, 05:20:49 pm
Vintage Arkansas.

Like... track #3 from the greatest hits.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

k.c.hawg

Any kid that thinks they can't get to the league in one year through Arkansas is ill informed. Bobby Portis was never expected to be a two and done. His development was as superior as any I've seen coming out of one and dones or two and dones from the few basketball factories that have the reputation of getting kids to the league as quick as possible. Come on Reggie Perry, CMA will get you everything you need to maximize your stock.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HawgTide

You are one sad, bitter dude

LRHawg

Truth. Although, probably not as bad as when Marcus Escariot stabbed us in the back. Thank God Cal made him show his true colors early.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: LRHawg on June 27, 2017, 12:09:11 am
Truth. Although, probably not as bad as when Marcus Escariot stabbed us in the back. Thank God Cal made him show his true colors early.
As long as its not UK or Duke. I could care less if he went to Kansas.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

NoogaHog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on June 27, 2017, 12:44:46 am
As long as its not UK or Duke. I could care less if he went to Kansas.

Maybe he will go to UNC, then we can see him in our second game in the NCAAT.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

wachhog

Malik Monk told the Charlotte Observer that he would have played anywhere Calipari coached because of Cal's record for producing lottery picks.. He said  he knew a lot of Hog fans were angry at him but that he had to do what was best for his carerer and for his mother and brother. 

wachhog

In the interview, Malik said it was not just about Cal's coaching but also about his NBA connections. Truth or not, that's what Cal is selling and the kids are buying

The Hogfather

Quote from: wachhog on June 27, 2017, 03:57:17 pm
In the interview, Malik said it was not just about Cal's coaching but also about his NBA connections. Truth or not, that's what Cal is selling and the kids are buying

Marcus was buying and convinced his baby bro.

The Hogfather

Quote from: wachhog on June 27, 2017, 03:48:19 pm
Cal's record for producing lottery picks

This is not directed at you because I know you are just loosely quoting Malik, but the quoted statement is a total joke.  Kids like Anthony Davis, Derrick Rose, John Wall, D'Aaron Fox produce Cal's record.  He has zero record for producing lottery picks.  He harbors them for a year and uses their talents to make himself look like a great coach.  We're starting to get more evidence that going to Kentucky might actually hurt some of these guys, if people are willing to actually consider all of the facts and stop listening to only what guys like Cal are saying to them.

ShadowHawg

Malik Monk told the Charlotte Observer that he would have played anywhere Calipari coached because of Cal's record for producing lottery picks.. He said  he knew a lot of Hog fans were angry at him but that he had to do what was best for his carerer and for his mother and brother.

That just shows Monk's lack of intellect.

Monk just got drafted behind a guy who played on a losing team in a program not known for lottery picks.

texas tush hog

Relax, he is not going to decommit so Kentucky is not a factor.

wachhog

Quote from: The Hogfather on June 27, 2017, 04:09:22 pm
This is not directed at you because I know you are just loosely quoting Malik, but the quoted statement is a total joke.  Kids like Anthony Davis, Derrick Rose, John Wall, D'Aaron Fox produce Cal's record.  He has zero record for producing lottery picks.  He harbors them for a year and uses their talents to make himself look like a great coach.  We're starting to get more evidence that going to Kentucky might actually hurt some of these guys, if people are willing to actually consider all of the facts and stop listening to only what guys like Cal are saying to them.
Pretty much what Roy Willams' response implied. Roy in essence said that he had better things to do than go to the NBA draft every year and mug for the camera with his draftees.

RagingHawgOn

Cal is a media whore and he is a brand. He has created that brand by pimping young men for the NBA; young men who need more than one year of seasoning before heading to the league.

Does anyone truly think Cal is a great coach? No.

mizzouman

That's a HUGE misconception about Cal  He doesn't produce them.  He recruits them.  A big difference.

mizzouman

June 28, 2017, 07:39:44 am #45 Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:39:43 am by mizzouman
I don't agree with you a lot, but I do here.  This is spot on.

HoopS

it does not mean crap about when he'd get picked.

HoopS

becauae only an idiot would have fired Anderson at this point.

Hogimus Prime

This. Coach Cal doesn't take borderline prospects and make them pros. He signs kids that are already NBA prospects and everyone acts like he some kind of coaching marvel.  The Harrison Twins, Alex Proythess, Daniel Orton Marcus Lee were all kids that played at Kentucky that hurt or killed their NBA stock.

texas tush hog

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 27, 2017, 03:23:14 pm
Maybe he will go to UNC, then we can see him in our second game in the NCAAT.

He is going to be a Hog. Book it.