Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Open Carry law update

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, March 23, 2017, 01:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HF#1

I imagine metal detectors will be going up in DWRRS and BWA
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

parallaxpig

Quote from: HF#1 on March 23, 2017, 01:34:45 pm
I imagine metal detectors will be going up in DWRRS and BWA

Was in the works before this law was created.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

goodguytex

Quote from: parallaxpig on March 23, 2017, 01:48:55 pm
Was in the works before this law was created.
To be honest I'm kind of surprised metal detectors weren't put in years ago.

majestic

Quote from: goodguytex on March 23, 2017, 01:50:42 pm
To be honest I'm kind of surprised metal detectors weren't put in years ago.
Just one more reason for me to stay at home.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

goodguytex

Quote from: majestic on March 23, 2017, 01:57:51 pm
I still love getting to call the Hogs at razorback stadium. You're lucky you do live in the area though. Wish I did sometimes.

hobhog

Quote from: goodguytex on March 23, 2017, 02:01:59 pm
I still love getting to call the Hogs at razorback stadium. You're lucky you do live in the area though. Wish I did sometimes.

Live is always better. Ain't scared.

goodguytex

Quote from: hobhog on March 23, 2017, 02:05:30 pm
Live is always better. Ain't scared.
I'm not scared either. Even if guns were allowed at games that wouldn't keep me personally from going.

DeltaBoy

That is GOOD NEWS!  :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

spe450

Quote from: goodguytex on March 23, 2017, 02:01:59 pm

Dude! You live 4 hours away!  C'mon up.  I have plenty of texarkana friends that come for at least one and many that come for all the games.

(notOM)Rebel123

ricepig

Quote from: majestic on March 23, 2017, 01:57:51 pm

Good, we don't your kind anyway!!!

majestic

Quote from: ricepig on March 23, 2017, 03:15:00 pm
Good, we don't your kind anyway!!!
My kind? Getting patted down and going through a metal detector to go to a football game is BS.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

factchecker

Quote from: majestic on March 23, 2017, 03:21:55 pm
My kind? Getting patted down and going through a metal detector to go to a football game is BS.

You've never been to a pro game or to Jerry World for the Cotton Bowl and/or SW Classic?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

(notOM)Rebel123

You don't get out much, do you?

PorkSoda

in most cities, that is pretty common to get into just about anything. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Welcome to the 21st century

rhames

Lol
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

010HogFan

BS must stand for Basically Standard

goodguytex

Quote from: spe450 on March 23, 2017, 03:09:59 pm
Dude! You live 4 hours away!  C'mon up.  I have plenty of texarkana friends that come for at least one and many that come for all the games.
I'm hoping to this season if I can.

elviscat

Alcohol and guns at a sporting event is a recipe for disaster. I have attended my last Razorback game. To many fruitcakes for me.

goodguytex

Quote from: elviscat on March 23, 2017, 05:45:26 pm
Alcohol and guns at a sporting event is a recipe for disaster. I have attended my last Razorback game. To many fruitcakes for me.
Ummm you might want to read more. There aren't going to be guns allowed at sporting events in Arkansas. State Senate took care of it. Try to relax.

MuskogeeHogFan

Personally, though it may be thought to be an inconvenience to some, with certain radical cultures of people looking to find a major venue in which to make a national/world statement/publicity (anywhere there is a lot of people gathered together that might be considered to be the Infidels) I am all for going through a detector and perhaps one that doesn't just scan for metals. I'd rather go to a game knowing that everyone has been screened thoroughly than to be sorry later on that I didn't want to be "inconvenienced". But that's just me.
Go Hogs Go!

HamSammich

Ricepig is a jerk... I feel you. He is a razorback fan so I ignore a lot of his trash.

I actually agree. If I'm getting patted down id rather watch it on a large TV.

ricepig

Quote from: HamSammich on March 23, 2017, 06:04:20 pm
Ricepig is a jerk... I feel you. He is a razorback fan so I ignore a lot of his trash.

You should know everything about being a jerk, it comes natural to you. Myself, I have to work at it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HamSammich on March 23, 2017, 06:04:20 pm

If you are going through a scanner or getting patted down there is a good reason for it and it attempts to insure your safety as well as that of everyone else who chose to attend the game in person. This is, unfortunately, the world we live in these days. That said, everyone has a choice as to whether they want to go through that or not to watch a game in person. With luck they probably won't do that at Houston games, so you are safe.
Go Hogs Go!

HamSammich

you younger people don't realize.... every single right you lose that you look past... well its a change of life.

Body search me at a game? well life has changed.

I'm not ok with that. Do I have a solution. hell no. But ill go screaming into the good night how you are all blind. In 100 years our great great grandchildren will be genetically "fixed" and dissention to group thought will be criminal. So yeah ill die knowing I was against this.

Do I sound crazy? sure... I'm ok with that. I'm also ok with that humanity is charting its own course with out me. I'm also glad ill be dead before this crap happens.

cheers
search everyone all the time everywhere. you people deserve it.

Quote from: HamSammich on March 23, 2017, 06:12:09 pm
you younger people don't realize.... every single right you lose that you look past... well its a change of life.

Body search me at a game? well life has changed.

I'm not ok with that. Do I have a solution. hell no. But ill go screaming into the good night how you are all blind. In 100 years our great great grandchildren will be genetically "fixed" and dissention to group thought will be criminal. So yeah ill die knowing I was against this.

Do I sound crazy? sure... I'm ok with that. I'm also ok with that humanity is charting its own course with out me. I'm also glad ill be dead before this crap happens.

cheers
search everyone all the time everywhere. you people deserve it.
Do you believe you should have go through security to get on a plane? Or should everyone be able to just walk on upon showing a ticket?