Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stewart's Tweet

Started by Potosihog, February 25, 2017, 04:49:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdavis

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

southeasthog

But it's cool to always put down the players and call Brett B ert.

bythelake

Deon, do not fret, as those that continually make negative comments are not true hog fans.  They may consider themselves as hog fans but they are truely flawed. 

Bacon_Bitz

I agree with Deon but hopefully he will learn that Jim Harris is easily ignored

Deep Shoat

In b4 "fan is short for fanatic" and "everyone is entitled to their opinion".
All Gas, No Brakes!

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 25, 2017, 07:10:39 pm
In b4 "fan is short for fanatic" and "everyone is entitled to their opinion".
aka "fake inbred fans are entitled to continue to be uneducated idiots who constantly bring opinions to fact fights + post drunk + misspell 'Bret' not because they are being funny but just because they are too stupid to do otherwise"

:razorback:

rhames

Anyone who tweets anything discriminating  to someone is a coward.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: rhames on February 25, 2017, 08:27:16 pm

Never understood why grown men follow college kids on Twitter to begin with.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HawgTide

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on February 25, 2017, 06:27:29 pm
I agree with Deon but hopefully he will learn that Jim Harris is easily ignored

Love it

rzrbk4life

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 25, 2017, 08:51:30 pm

This
Let's call those hogs!!!!

LZH

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 25, 2017, 08:26:03 pm
aka "fake inbred fans are entitled to continue to be uneducated idiots who constantly bring opinions to fact fights + post drunk + misspell 'Bret' not because they are being funny but just because they are too stupid to do otherwise"

"inbred, uneducated, idiot, drunk & stupid"      ......all this time I thought I was anonymous on this board.    :o
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

(notOM)Rebel123

ricepig

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on February 26, 2017, 08:36:17 am
"inbred, uneducated, idiot, drunk & stupid"      ......all this time I thought I was anonymous on this board.    :o

Hey, no one ever said you were a fake!

jkstock04

The old men following kids on twitter is creepy to me. I don't do twitter, I see it as different than message board forums. Essentially with Twitter you are messaging someone directly...message board forums you are usually making blanket statements not directed towards any one person.

With that said, maybe this kid hasn't been paying attention to Hog football since 2012? Or the way we finished the year? If he is going to put himself out there on Twitter and expect the internet loons to give him nothing but sunshine and rainbows considering the state of the football program the past 5 years..he's living in a fantasy world.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

lumphog

HE'S RIGHT........Where did all the PU$$IES come from ???

wildhogman

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 26, 2017, 09:00:01 am
The old men following kids on twitter is creepy to me. I don't do twitter, I see it as different than message board forums. Essentially with Twitter you are messaging someone directly...message board forums you are usually making blanket statements not directed towards any one person.

With that said, maybe this kid hasn't been paying attention to Hog football since 2012? Or the way we finished the year? If he is going to put himself out there on Twitter and expect the internet loons to give him nothing but sunshine and rainbows considering the state of the football program the past 5 years..he's living in a fantasy world.
The fantasy world is people using twitter to say what they don't have nerve enough to say to the players. And if you wanna discuss things with them fine, go on down to the workouts and get in line and workout with them. Show them how hard you think they should work. If you cant, then shut up. Don't critize players busting their butts giving all they have when you yourself cant give even half of that

ricepig

Quote from: wildhogman on February 26, 2017, 09:27:08 am
The fantasy world is people using twitter to say what they don't have nerve enough to say to the players. And if you wanna discuss things with them fine, go on down to the workouts and get in line and workout with them. Show them how hard you think they should work. If you cant, then shut up. Don't critize players busting their butts giving all they have when you yourself cant give even half of that

/thread

PorkRinds

That oughta do it.

Hawgar The Horrible

I volunteer to spot for the fans during bench presses.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: rhames on February 25, 2017, 08:27:16 pm

STOP speakin' bout our prez-i-dent!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

jkstock04

You won't see me defend anything anyone does on Twitter. The whole idea of Twitter is dumb and asking for trouble.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Now.....everybody shut up, let this team focus and lets go win the damn SEC
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

The Hawg Marshal

You don't have to follow these "kids" to see their tweets. If the tweet has some significance either real or imagined, it will be retweeted many many times and even retweeted by "sports" sites. If you are on twitter you will eventually see any tweet that has legs.

TrueBlue

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on February 26, 2017, 10:29:26 am
You don't have to follow these "kids" to see their tweets. If the tweet has some significance either real or imagined, it will be retweeted many many times and even retweeted by "sports" sites. If you are on twitter you will eventually see any tweet that has legs.

Just like the OP. Is he following Stewart or did he see a re-tweet?

It is 50/50 I believe. Anyone that places themselves out on social media better take the bad with the good. You also have fans disguising themselves as Hog fans that love to get the players worked up.

Best advice, stay off social media where you can stay focused on the field and the classroom. But who am I?

Which reminds me, I am going to make a fake twitter account and harass Bama and Auburn players this summer. I kid, I kid....

Amityvillehogger

Can't pay attention to social media. Mistake #1.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Tusks

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to through life ........ I think I'll lose a few pounds.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Buff on February 26, 2017, 12:32:07 pm
Hmmm my post got deleted.  Can't make a message board change its spots. 

I'm in favor of Bret getting off Twitter and asking his players to do the same.  Bigger things to do, like work on ruining Bama's homecoming.

Trust me, Bret's working on a plan to ruin their Homecoming....

bennyl08

I could never do a tenth of what RG3 does athletically, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize his qb play in the NFL in recent years. Just because I might not be able to make a better movie than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull doesn't mean I'm incapable of recognizing it is by far the worst of the Indiana Jones and worthy of critique.

Now, I'm one f the more sunshine pumping posters here who prefers to focus on the positive aspect of players because life's too short to dwell on the negatives, but if there is a negative that needs to be pointed out, I will do so as well despite my forty yard dashes are 6-7+ seconds and the such (though my 20 yard shuttle is on par and slightly better than the worst OL players at the combine and my bench is better than than many of the receivers).
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ricepig

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 26, 2017, 04:42:52 pm
I could never do a tenth of what RG3 does athletically, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize his qb play in the NFL in recent years. Just because I might not be able to make a better movie than Kingdom of the Crystal Skull doesn't mean I'm incapable of recognizing it is by far the worst of the Indiana Jones and worthy of critique.

Now, I'm one f the more sunshine pumping posters here who prefers to focus on the positive aspect of players because life's too short to dwell on the negatives, but if there is a negative that needs to be pointed out, I will do so as well despite my forty yard dashes are 6-7+ seconds and the such (though my 20 yard shuttle is on par and slightly better than the worst OL players at the combine and my bench is better than than many of the receivers).

People can critique all they want, it doesn't mean anyone has to listen or believe they know anything about what they are critiquing.

PorkSoda

there is a difference between discussing, critiquing, and talking chit.

the first requires manners, the second requires knowledge/experience, and the third is for internet trolls and idiots.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Al Boarland

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 25, 2017, 08:26:03 pm

:razorback:
I'd say there are a few posters that are critical of CBB at this point back it up with well thought out posts. Suggesting fans that are critical are inbred and uneducated is truly laughable. We all saw the product on the field last season. While I don't expect CBB to have a program that contends for championships I do expect him to put a competitive product on the field. There were times that didn't happen.

Hoggish1

Potosihog

Quote from: TrueBlue on February 26, 2017, 10:48:52 am
Just like the OP. Is he following Stewart or did he see a re-tweet?

It is 50/50 I believe. Anyone that places themselves out on social media better take the bad with the good. You also have fans disguising themselves as Hog fans that love to get the players worked up.

Best advice, stay off social media where you can stay focused on the field and the classroom. But who am I?

Which reminds me, I am going to make a fake twitter account and harass Bama and Auburn players this summer. I kid, I kid....

I don't follow Stewart. It was retweeted by a sports writer I do follow.  There are a few players I choose to follow but never direct message or reply.  I do like or favorite tweets from time to time.  I don't do creepy.  I do enjoy the little bit of insight gained by following their tweets.

AlmaHog2011

Thing is it's the world they live in. People think that Twitter and FB are the end all be all.

I have never tweeted a player and I support the players. I have some doubts about BB but would never mouth a player. Is this someone saying bad things about the players? Fans don't have that right!!! Much like all the fake news stuff don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

One crazed fan or ten for that matter only represent one or ten crazed fans and not the vast, overwhelming majority of fans. It's one dumbass guy.

ShadowHawg

This

rljjr

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2017, 12:54:39 pm
Trust me, Bret's working on a plan to ruin their Homecoming....

Yes, yes, I can see it now, Delta house is delivering medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: rljjr on February 27, 2017, 08:50:43 am
Yes, yes, I can see it now, Delta house is delivering medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner.

I volunteer to design the Deathmobile and kidnap Mandy Pepperidge.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

(notOM)Rebel123

February 28, 2017, 05:18:22 am #40 Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 07:55:51 am by Steef

I know Deon. If you'll meet me in Fayetteville, I'll be happy to drive you down to the football complex and let him introduce you to a few of his teammates. I'm sure they would love to hear your thoughts face-to-face. Just let me know when you are coming & we'll get it set up.