Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will guns be allowed at Razorback games under the new law?

Started by JIHawg, February 21, 2017, 10:58:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

Please don't turn it into a political thread.  I'm just curious, as guns and alcohol can be a bad mix.

gchamblee

Quote from: JIHawg on February 21, 2017, 10:58:03 am
Please don't turn it into a political thread.  I'm just curious, as guns and alcohol can be a bad mix.

As an Arkansan that is licensed to carry a concealed handgun, the answer is no. Under current law, guns are not allowed to be taken into sporting events, licensed or not.

Virgil

Lord I hope not.  I'll stop attending and I'm an avid gun owner.  Too many crazies out there running around.  lol
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

factchecker

This thread is going to turn political real fast but here is the best I can give you.

From what I understand the stadium has it's own set of rules. For example, I can walk around with an open bottle of water and a snack throughout campus.  Try and bring your own food or drink into the stadium..... not going to happen.

I think the goal of House Bill 1249 is to allow students and faculty the right to concealed carry.  I'm not sure if the bill is to be extended for drunk tailgaters.

Quick question for those who might know:  Is there a penalty for firing a gun under the influence?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Some things to consider under the current laws.

You can not carry in an alcohol enviroment or under the influence.  Say you have your conceal on you and have a few drinks, you are now not allowed to carry.  You also can not carry into certain locations, sporting venues are one of those along with churches, government buildings etc.  So I would assume the same would hold true even if the new bill allows.  Where alcohol is flowing, the guns would not be smart to have.  Of course you have those "tuff" guys that will want a gun, but in reality there is no good to come from it while attending a football game in my mind. 

Disclosure: I am an CWL holder and carry. 

tophawg19

no law against being drunk and shooting except in city limits , where shooting is prohibited anyway.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

NotSoFastMyFriend

JIHawg

I'm not soliciting opinions on gun control.  There is a new law in the works allowing guns on college campuses.  Does this apply to sporting events like Razorback football games?

gchamblee

Quote from: JIHawg on February 21, 2017, 11:38:36 am
I'm not soliciting opinions on gun control.  There is a new law in the works allowing guns on college campuses.  Does this apply to sporting events like Razorback football games?

No. The state prohibits the carry of firearms to sporting events, regardless of what the campus decides. If the university were to decide that guns will be allowed on campus, gun owners will still have to abide by the law that prohibits the carry into sporting events.

jkstock04

Quote from: JIHawg on February 21, 2017, 11:38:36 am
I'm gonna guess no. However I'm gonna assume people carry in games regardless.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rhames

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 21, 2017, 11:45:26 am
I'm gonna guess no. However I'm gonna assume people carry in games regardless.

Metal detectors?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

younghog

I doubt it..

Key things to the Bill.

"Any concealed-weapon permit holder in Arkansas who is at least 25 would be allowed to carry a weapon on public college campuses after completing an active-shooter training"

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

IronMountainHog

rhames

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 21, 2017, 12:04:54 pm
That's news to me.

I know obviously security is there when you scan your ticket. Mind is foggy if they do a quick scan or not.

At Cowboys Stadium they make you do the whole shebang

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

gchamblee

hawgfan4life

Quote from: younghog on February 21, 2017, 12:06:16 pm
I doubt it..

Key things to the Bill.

"Any concealed-weapon permit holder in Arkansas who is at least 25 would be allowed to carry a weapon on public college campuses after completing an active-shooter training"

GO HOGS

So, 25 is the magic age a person is responsible enough to carry? 

Pigdiana Jones

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 21, 2017, 11:35:22 am
List of places where guns belong:

- the woods

On my person whenever I am not sleeping or going into a bar, liquor store, or into a government building, period.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

gchamblee

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on February 21, 2017, 12:43:24 pm

On my person whenever I am not sleeping or going into a bar, liquor store, or into a government building, period.

my instructor, who is on the local swat team, made it quite clear that it is our own responsibility to protect ourselves. cops secure a crime scene and do the paperwork, but hardly ever get there in time to prevent the crime from happening. 1 cop for every 10,000 people is not protection.

25 is an arbitrary number, and in my opinion the older the better. however, age is not a good threshold for determining who is responsible. i know people in their 50's that i wouldn't trust to carry a gun. one needs to have their head wrapped around their own mortality, the safety of everyone that is affected by the actions you take and the consequences of both taking action or not taking action. it is a lot of responsibility and the first question i asked before i signed my paperwork was "does this obligate me to intervene in a dangerous situation?". if the answer had been yes, i wouldn't have sent my paperwork in. if i am not absolutely certain that my actions are the right actions, i will take action unarmed instead of armed.

Mr. Porkleone

Can you imagine some Razorback redneck in overalls jumping up after atouchdown and firing off his 6 shooter

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Sivad

Would this have prohibited Danny and Houston finger-gunning each other on the sideline?

buldozer

Guns are not prohibited in liquor stores.....

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

oldman1015

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 21, 2017, 01:45:37 pm
Can you imagine some Razorback redneck in overalls jumping up after atouchdown and firing off his 6 shooter
Or some drunk college professor shooting at the coach.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

rhames

Tejano Jawg

I still can't get through the gate with a plastic bag—barely bigger than a zip-lock bag—for extra cold-weather items I take for my kids.

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on February 21, 2017, 03:46:50 pm
You guys would shoot the referees.
From the quality of SEC officials (in any sport) if I was an official I would be worried.

gchamblee

buldozer

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 21, 2017, 02:03:57 pm
Guns yes, but no outside beverage or food stuffs.
Exactly, gotta protect the bottom line no matter what

razorbacker3

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on February 21, 2017, 11:35:22 am

- the woods
home also

Is alcohol sold legally in Razorback Stadium now? Is it now legal to be drunk in public?
your kidding yourself if you don't think there aren't any guns at games now. There would definitely be more if the laws were changed, but some illegal activities are overlooked unless things get out of hand.

zebradynasty

Wait somebody wants to mix guns, with people who's family trees look like telephone poles, alcohol and SEC officiating...what could possibly go wrong!  ???

ChitownHawg

Quote from: JIHawg on February 21, 2017, 10:58:03 am

Let me correct you: Guns, alcohol, and bad refs are a bad mix.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

EastexHawg

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 21, 2017, 01:45:37 pm

I hate the stupid fireworks bad enough.

Tejano Jawg

Maybe then, they'd start paying better attention to the game.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

onebadrubi

Add church to this along with schools in my opinion.

onebadrubi

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 21, 2017, 11:19:35 am
no law against being drunk and shooting except in city limits , where shooting is prohibited anyway.

Trying getting pulled over drunk and havign a loaded gun on you.  Let me know how that works out for you

DoctorSusscrofa

As long as I can still bring my flame-thrower, I don't care.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: The real Hogules on February 21, 2017, 02:03:57 pm
Guns yes, but no outside beverage or food stuffs.
How do you know they won't start selling their own guns and prohibit us bringing in our own?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: razorbacker3 on February 21, 2017, 04:09:16 pm
home also

Is alcohol sold legally in Razorback Stadium now? Is it now legal to be drunk in public?
your kidding yourself if you don't think there aren't any guns at games now. There would definitely be more if the laws were changed, but some illegal activities are overlooked unless things get out of hand.
Of course!  :)

Pork Twain

Some of these yahoos would shoot our own coaches and players
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

go hogues

It must suck going through life being so scared of what could be around the next corner.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

gchamblee

Quote from: go hogues on February 22, 2017, 08:18:38 am
It must suck going through life being so scared of what could be around the next corner.

being prepared and being scared are not the same thing. you remind me of a girl i once dated that honestly believed if someone intended to do harm to her, it was her duty to sit passively and wait for law enforcement to come save her.

Boarcephus

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 21, 2017, 04:29:20 pm
Add church to this along with schools in my opinion.

Went to see the grandkids in Kilgore, TX a few months ago. We went to church with them and they had a armed "person" walking around the congregation the entire time with his pistol strapped firmly on his hip for everyone to see.  Never seen that in a church before. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ImHogginIt

One more reason I'm glad I gave up my season tickets a few years ago and enjoy games from the comfort and safety of my recliner  ;D :razorback:

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

gchamblee

lumphog