Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

28ish weeks - Nine spots left

Started by Seebs, June 28, 2016, 10:23:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

Those January remaining posts will be hotly contested. I have to believe that the events occurring the week before last signing day will not be the case this recruiting season. Our hay will be in the barn. If I were a betting man, and I am, I predict we have only 1, no more than two open slots going into the last two weeks of the Recruiting season at which point CBB 'selects' the last two.

Love how this is shaping up. Stability is a wonderful things. Pardon my optimism.   
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

They've been committing hot and heavy for the last few days. With nine left to get to 25, I'd think those who follow such things would have a pretty good idea who we'd spend those scholarships on.  For instance, I assume we are holding one for Montaric Brown.  Byers??? Maybe a reach there.  Any other in-staters?

EFBAB

navyhog24

You have to remember Patton and Nance can count back to last years class since they will be early enrollees. We can actually take 28 with this class if we find another early enrollee, since there are 3 spots left from last class.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 28, 2016, 06:15:23 pm
You have to remember Patton and Nance can count back to last years class since they will be early enrollees. We can actually take 28 with this class if we find another early enrollee, since there are 3 spots left from last class.

True, but we also have to total 85. I have no idea where we are right now with regards to that total.  As Nolan used to say, "The numbers work themselves out." I assume CBB knows the numbers.  Meanwhile, whatever the end number is: 25, 27 . . . we have 16 commits. I would think that's enough for those who really follow these things in depth (not me) to do some relatively informed speculation about the spots we have left and the players we can reasonably expect to take those spots.

EFBAB

Music City Hog

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 28, 2016, 06:15:23 pm

This is correct, but Raulerson has taken one.  So prob 27 this year.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on June 28, 2016, 06:47:03 pm
This is correct, but Raulerson has taken one.  So prob 27 this year.

Raulerson took one of the 85, who knows where that will stand next January.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: ricepig on June 28, 2016, 07:01:16 pm
Raulerson took one of the 85, who knows where that will stand next January.
This, Raulerson is a graduate transfer.  He does not count in the yearly 25.
All Gas, No Brakes!

carolinahogger

Three or four of these verbals will fall by the wayside by signing day.  That's how it works.

PorkRinds

We won't take a full class. We likely won't ever. They like saving a few spots for use later.