Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#15 is in

Started by Music City Hog, June 24, 2016, 03:37:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

JackJohnson

WPS!!  We are cleaning up early this year for a change!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Rivals still has a website?

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jjdlc

Coming fast right now, maybe it will make some others think about commuting sooner rather than later.

WildRazorback

Offer list isn't exactly atrractive, but I just watched his highlights and, man, that was 4*+ talent. Just a straight up baller with great vision and burst towards the ball carrier. I was blown away by his tackling and awareness to strip the ball away when given the opportunity. Very rare that we see such good tackling from a junior in high school. I very much expect to be battling the big "Dawgs" (he's in Georgia) towards signing day. 

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WildRazorback on June 24, 2016, 03:55:38 pm
Offer list isn't exactly atrractive, but I just watched his highlights and, man, that was 4*+ talent. Just a straight up baller with great vision and burst towards the ball carrier. I was blown away by his tackling and awareness to strip the ball away when given the opportunity. Very rare that we see such good tackling from a junior in high school. I very much expect to be battling the big "Dawgs" (he's in Georgia) towards signing day.
he wrap n rolled, he 'high pointed' the ball, and he brought the wood.

ricepig

Quote from: jjdlc on June 24, 2016, 03:55:17 pm
Coming fast right now, maybe it will make some others think about commuting sooner rather than later.

Pretty sure they'll all be commuting to Fayetteville......just funnin

hawgwash

Quote from: jjdlc on June 24, 2016, 03:55:17 pm
If we only go after commuters we'll be severely limiting the potential talent pool.

Hawgar The Horrible

I can't describe it, but I like it. It appears the Hog staff is going for high character guys with the frames and athleticism to be molded into beasts.

Prepare to see a few 5th year Sr.'s on the field in a few years and every year. 
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on June 24, 2016, 04:12:25 pm
Prepare to see a few 5th year Sr.'s on the field in a few years and every year. 

So long as we don't burn their redshirts for a couple of snaps. :)
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Wildhog on June 24, 2016, 04:18:16 pm
So long as we don't burn their redshirts for a couple of snaps. :)

I hate when that happens.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

secneahog

He looks great on film. I think we're gonna be fighting off other schools for a lot of these guys.    This is how we can get a high ranked class, for those worried about that.

Now we're in year 4 we can get on these guys very early and not have to wait and see them progress.   Be early on them and have them fall in love with Arkansas.  When they get re evaluated our class will move. Wps.  Thanks Bielema! 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Positive Pete

Article says he has never been to Fayetteville. Thought CBB didn't offer a kid until they've been on campus.  Is that no longer a thing. Just asking. TY

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Positive Pete on June 24, 2016, 04:33:49 pm
Article says he has never been to Fayetteville. Thought CBB didn't offer a kid until they've been on campus.  Is that no longer a thing. Just asking. TY
not a thing, don't think it ever was a set in stone deal like HV portrayed .

Music City Hog

He has a few this year.  Changed his ways I reckon

secneahog

I'm assuming there is exceptions. Juco wr nance was the same way.  I believe Baptise was also. 

I'll take anyone Segrest and Rhodes is recruiting.   
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hawginbigd1

At this rate I may actually have to be a productive employee in January and February !

TheRazorback500

Welcome KH! Woopig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

1highhog

I'm not even looking at stars with Coach B, his putting together great Coaching staffs over and over has shown he can get the Coaching talent and when one leaves improve upon it, and the same goes for recruiting talent.  I've never seen us at 15 recruits this early, and I'm looking at video of these guys play, not just a ranking from a site that's never even saw a player at all and Bama offers them and they all of a sudden get a 5 *.  If this staff looks at them and says they can play SEC ball that's good enough for me.

LJHOG

Quote from: WildRazorback on June 24, 2016, 03:55:38 pm
Interestingly he has an offer from Stanford. 

trphog

Here's who RD says has offered him: "Hernandez, 5-11, 175, 4.5 of Ellenwood, (Ga.) Cedar Grove picked the Hogs over about 15 scholarship offers from schools like Maryland, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, South Florida, Southern Miss, Tulane, Kent State, Toledo and others. He hasn't visited Fayetteville, but plans to in late July."

RedyorNot

Love that kids confidence in the article

farmhawg

Guess we have the last laugh over Toledo....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

carolinahogger

Quote from: 1highhog on June 24, 2016, 06:03:09 pm
and I'm looking at video of these guys play, not just a ranking from a site that's never even saw a player at all and Bama offers them and they all of a sudden get a 5 *...

Yeah, it's crazy how overrated those Alabama recruits always are.  They never get it done on the field.

lefty08

Quote from: carolinahogger on June 24, 2016, 09:41:50 pm
Yeah, it's crazy how overrated those Alabama recruits always are.  They never get it done on the field.

Are you saying the Bama bump doesn't happen?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

The Hogfather

Reminds me of the Honeybadger.

carolinahogger

Quote from: lefty08 on June 24, 2016, 10:08:11 pm
Are you saying the Bama bump doesn't happen?

Are you saying that Bama's recruiting classes are overrated?  Their results on the field would not support that premise.

People on this board find the most ridiculous things to complain about.

lefty08

Quote from: carolinahogger on June 25, 2016, 04:05:15 am
Are you saying that Bama's recruiting classes are overrated?  Their results on the field would not support that premise.

People on this board find the most ridiculous things to complain about.

Of course not, and I don't think he was either. Recruiting services most certainly cater to larger fanbases, that's how they make money. Alabama obviously recruits well, but there is no doubt that a kid like this having his commitment accepted by Bama would rocket him up the ranking list. Funny thing is, his arkansas commitment will rank him higher as well, but no doubt that stuff happens
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on June 25, 2016, 06:56:42 am
Of course not, and I don't think he was either. Recruiting services most certainly cater to larger fanbases, that's how they make money. Alabama obviously recruits well, but there is no doubt that a kid like this having his commitment accepted by Bama would rocket him up the ranking list. Funny thing is, his arkansas commitment will rank him higher as well, but no doubt that stuff happens

He'll be a 3* on 247, minimum.

gmarv

I thought I read that was on in state kids .

JIHawg

Good thread.  This year's class looks to be a lot of medium to high three stars with a few four stars, which is like most years.  The overall state talent is not rated very high this year.

Hopefully our player profile of high character and intelligence combined with athletic and growth potential will keep us level with programs who are in states with more star power.

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Hog N Bama

Excellent vision and pursuit. Welcome Korey.  Glad you are a HOG!!WPS! :razorback:

jackflash

A great start can't wait to see the finish