Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streaming Games

Started by JS McHog, August 02, 2015, 06:39:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JS McHog

I've been considering "cutting the cord" recently, but I'm apprehensive to do so.  I know I can get espn and the sec network through sling tv which would allow me to watch the razorbacks on those channels and use the watch espn app.  Does the watch espn app stream games that are on ABC? I'm not very knowledgeable about live streaming can some of y'all enlighten me?
Thanks

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: JS McHog on August 02, 2015, 06:39:16 pm
I've been considering "cutting the cord" recently, but I'm apprehensive to do so.  I know I can get espn and the sec network through sling tv which would allow me to watch the razorbacks on those channels and use the watch espn app.  Does the watch espn app stream games that are on ABC? I'm not very knowledgeable about live streaming can some of y'all enlighten me?
Thanks

NM
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

navyhog24

If a game is on CBS, they will still be able to stream on the CBS Sports website. ABC? I don't remember having a game on there during the regular season. It's always been ESPN channels and CBS or will be now with the new SEC Network.

Supermark101

Quote from: JS McHog on August 02, 2015, 06:39:16 pm
Thanks

We will never play on ABC, now that all the bowl games are on cable. Maybe the game @Michigan in 20-whatever. The SEC's deal with CBS is for exclusivity at the 2:30 window. The SEC/ABC deals allows for night games on their cable outlets only.

Yes you can stream ABC games live on Watch ESPN, without any cable subscription. I have done it with cox as my internet provider only. You can also watch anything NOT on the SEC network, the same way, if your willing to wait for the replay. I've done that too. This year I am signing up fro sling TV. It's the way to go. I had it for baseball season.

Quote from: navyhog24 on August 02, 2015, 07:48:28 pm
If a game is on CBS, they will still be able to stream on the CBS Sports website. ABC? I don't remember having a game on there during the regular season. It's always been ESPN channels and CBS or will be now with the new SEC Network.

I wonder if CBS all access will have these this year.

JS McHog

Thank you for your responses that's what I needed to know.

navyhog24

I think with CBS, concerning sports games, will still be free streaming. I think the CBS Full Access is more for their TV shows since they didn't want to give rights to Hulu to stream them.

ricepig

Quote from: Supermark101 on August 02, 2015, 07:59:07 pm
We will never play on ABC, now that all the bowl games are on cable. Maybe the game @Michigan in 20-whatever. The SEC's deal with CBS is for exclusivity at the 2:30 window. The SEC/ABC deals allows for night games on their cable outlets only.

Yes you can stream ABC games live on Watch ESPN, without any cable subscription. I have done it with cox as my internet provider only. You can also watch anything NOT on the SEC network, the same way, if your willing to wait for the replay. I've done that too. This year I am signing up fro sling TV. It's the way to go. I had it for baseball season.

I wonder if CBS all access will have these this year.

TCU game could be, the Texas Tech game was.

moses_007

Games on CBS or ABC would be available only through the air TV, not on the Watch ESPN app. 

NuttinItUp

You could always get a digital antenna for over-the-air ABC/NBC/CBS/Fox.

Supermark101

Quote from: ricepig on August 02, 2015, 08:06:47 pm
TCU game could be, the Texas Tech game was.

If it doesn't get pushed back again, but yeah i forgot about that one.

Ray Zorback_1*

Cut the cord.  You can stream all ESPN games using Sling they have a new app that will stream to your Apple TV for something like $25/month. All the CBS games are streaming live on cbssports.com Also HBO is available on Sling.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: navyhog24 on August 02, 2015, 07:48:28 pm
yeas, abc games are on espn3
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

dsgreen

ABC and ESPN are together, those games will be on WatchESPN, although I'm not 100% in Sling users will get that games since it's ABC and not ESPN.  I know Sling cannot use the DVR functions or watch some past events, but the ABC games SHOULD be available.  If anything you can get an antenna for $20 for ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX unless you're way out in the boonies.

NuttinItUp

You can put your zip code in to the FCC.gov signal page and see which stations you should be able to pick up with an over-the-air antenna:
http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/

..or if the FCC one doesn't work for you, you can try this one:
https://www.tablotv.com/tools/

hog_fan86

Has anyone living in a rural area tried this?  We are on a data plan and I'm afraid it will use all the data up and then be to slow to stream effectively.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Supermark101 on August 02, 2015, 10:01:11 pm
If it doesn't get pushed back again, but yeah i forgot about that one.

Pushed back?

bp