Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big praise for Vernon Hargreaves from former Pro

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, August 02, 2015, 02:45:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

My wife and I had lunch in Columbus, MS and ran into a gentleman who lives there with two sons that have both played in the NFL. He remembered me when we walked in and started right in talking about Arkansas football and how awesome we would be this year. When we were talking about potential weakness on defense I mentioned losing Spaight and he stopped me by saying when Randy Shannon went back to Miami we got better at LB coach. He then raved about his sons former teammate and close friend Jonathan Vilma, and the job that Hargreaves did developing him at Miami.
He said, "There is no better coach in football at placing a LB in his right spot" (MLB, WLB SLB etc...) He also compared his hire to Rob Smith's hire last year and said Arkansas will never have LB issues with Vernon coaching here... We then spent the next 30 to 40 minutes talking about MSU and their expectations after this year. Which happen to be down. They need a new QB badly and are hoping for the next Cam Newton, but will be happy with the next Tim Tebow... I said,"I would say so"... LOL..!

Woo Pig
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

nchogg

WaltonCollege

This will be huge, brooks is a solid backer but josh Williams and khalia Hackett are still raw,  Robb smith and Bielema both started out as backers coaches, and now if we can add Vernon with another viewpoint and way of communicating we are set

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 02, 2015, 02:56:15 pm
What a great story. Thanks.

I really like stories like this too... Thank you OTOTL, hope that shoulder is holding up well too my friend. +1

Wooo Pig! :razorback:

Hoggish1

CBB always upgrades.

But, Imagine how much $ the next Cam will cost...?

jabohog

Got great coaches, now if we could just get some LBs to come. What is it about Arkansas and LBs? We lost Evans to Ole Miss today I think.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on August 02, 2015, 03:12:34 pm
I really like stories like this too... Thank you OTOTL, hope that shoulder is holding up well too my friend. +1

Wooo Pig! :razorback:
You're welcome. The shoulder is worse, but I do get to meet with a Dr on Wednesday about weight loss surgery. If I get OKd for it I can start the 200 lb count down to relief... I get so mad at myself sometimes for getting out of control. ..
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 03, 2015, 01:07:21 am
You're welcome. The shoulder is worse, but I do get to meet with a Dr on Wednesday about weight loss surgery. If I get OKd for it I can start the 200 lb count down to relief... I get so mad at myself sometimes for getting out of control. ..

I totally get... I've had to fight back from a couple of serious injuries and would be best served dropping 60lbs. But you can do this and bring some relief to that shoulder and I need to buckle down too.

Sorry for the OT Hogville.  :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: jabohog on August 02, 2015, 11:12:33 pm
Got great coaches, now if we could just get some LBs to come. What is it about Arkansas and LBs? We lost Evans to Ole Miss today I think.

Wow, I didn't know he had already signed and played for us. Oh, you mean he gave a non-binding verbal commitment to OM. You can't lose what you never had.

MissippHog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 02, 2015, 02:45:07 pm
They need a new QB badly and are hoping for the next Cam Newton, but will be happy with the next Tim Tebow... I said,"I would say so"... LOL..!

Woo Pig
They should have learned the first time they can not outbid Auburn.  ;)

Thanks for the story, +1.

oldhawg

Someone please remind me where Hargreaves came from.  Thanks.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

younghog

GO HOGS

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: MissippHog on August 03, 2015, 07:38:54 am
They should have learned the first time they can not outbid Auburn.  ;)

Thanks for the story, +1.

Oh good lord I would have loved to tell him that..!

Hawgzinbowlz

Good story about another CBB upgrade.
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/coache/vernon-hargreaves/

I think we'll develop at LB and be solid at that position this coming season.

" GO HOGS "

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: WaltonCollege on August 02, 2015, 03:00:27 pm
This will be huge, brooks is a solid backer but josh Williams and khalia Hackett are still raw,  Robb smith and Bielema both started out as backers coaches, and now if we can add Vernon with another viewpoint and way of communicating we are set
That's a linebacker Mastermind Alliance!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang