Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC teams with the fewest weaknesses

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, August 01, 2015, 05:28:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Hogs 1 of 3 in this group. On the outside looking in, Alabama and Auburn. let us hope that this plays out this way.

The Razorbacks appear to be very comfortable in their own skin heading into fall camp. Arkansas returns a veteran quarterback (Brandon Allen), his top targets (Keon Hatcher and Hunter Henry), a pair of 1,100-yard rushers (Jonathan Williams and Alex Collins) and a monster offensive line with four returning starters. The defense will face its share of challenges, including replacing LB Martrell Spaight and DE Trey Flowers from last year's group, but the questions appear to be minimal with LB Brooks Ellis stepping into a prominent role on the weakside and enough depth for a rotation on the defensive line.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-teams-with-few-weaknesses/
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

I feel good about The Hogs this season and I'll take the hand we hold. We really don't have a lot of weaknesses, just a few questions.

Continued chemistry improvement and the depth coming through may keep us in the SECW conversation.

" GO HOGS "

War Boar

LSU might be a team without a lot of weaknesses, but the one they do have is pretty huge. Without improved QB play that one weakness is still really going to hurt. At least, I hope it does.

SquidBilly

Quote from: Ark13 on August 01, 2015, 06:55:09 am
LSU might be a team without a lot of weaknesses, but the one they do have is pretty huge. Without improved QB play that one weakness is still really going to hurt. At least, I hope it does.

Their biggest weakness has been standing on the sidelines eating grass the past ten years.

MuskogeeHogFan

They do mention that in the article.
Go Hogs Go!

GuvHog

Even though LSU had one of the best DCs in College football last year, their Defense was not near as good as it has been in past season and now they've lost that DC so I don't see them being any better on that side of the ball if not a little worse.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hawginbigd1

FB success is all about the QB #1 and there is no 1A! That is why LSU should not be on this list, LSU is the same as GA. Even though QB is most important, he can't do it alone, which is why Tenner is at least a year away! This is why I am so excited about this season, I believe BA will finally show why he was a top 5 recruit under Enos. After that the Hogs appear to be the most complete team in the conference IMO.

Phil Steele said it on radio Friday, "to this point BA has been a game manager, some due to injury, this year I expect him to be able to win some games for the Hogs" I absolutely agree with this!

Jeremy Johnson is an elite QB talent and that is why Aubie vs. Hogs will decide the West!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Bret Squealema on August 01, 2015, 07:03:14 am
Their biggest weakness has been standing on the sidelines eating grass the past ten years.

Hoggard

Quote from: Bret Squealema on August 01, 2015, 07:03:14 am

This is exactly right... QB play is huge in college football.... There is too much offensive production in the modern day to win it all with game day manager type quarterbacks.. Just ask Saban. Its one of the things that puts butwads like Petrino in demand. Even though he really should be reduced to an offensive coordinator until he learns to act like a human being.

This is one of the reasons I was so glad to see CBB go after a guy like Coach Enos. LSU is on a downward spiral imo. And if Kfffin can't get it done at Bama they may soon experience a move downward as well. I'm still scratching my head over the Kiffin hire. I would think Saban could get much better.

If Enos is as good at teaching QB's as I have heard the Hogs are in for a huge upswing in momentum in the coming years. Hang on to your hog hats boys its about to get good.
:razorback:
God is Love. Its as simple as that. It's the one fruit I can and WILL judge you by.

threeNout

I just hope we have adequate kicking.

and primarily I mean deep kickoffs and consistently make FGs in the 40-45 yard range.