Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why I am really pumped about the future of Hog football.....

Started by Hogmodo, August 01, 2015, 03:53:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogmodo

..........not just excited and hopeful but really solidly pumped up bigtime.

1.  Recruiting is the strongest that I can remember in 60 years of following the Razorbacks.  We are recruiting well in Florida, Louisiana, and going nationwide for recruits like never before on the hill.  We have kept most of the in state studs so far.  We are nationally recognized at running back, offensive line, fullback, and tight end as being one of just a few top schools for each of those positions. Never came close to that in the past at any position much less four.  The quality across the board in terms of character and potential of our recruits is extremely good.  J.J. Watt going from walk-on to all-pro was not a freak thing for CBB's program.  He is just the best example of how Bielema and Herbert can find and develop diamonds in the rough like no one else can in the country.  We are starting to see the fruits of our beefed up walk-on program now. The fact that we can do better in Texas just means we have great potential to improve even more.

2.  State of the art, cutting edge, exceptionally run with great facilities off-season program. Not only is it making athletes stronger, bigger, faster, etc. it is reinforcing the mental toughness and ferocity that CBB's program thrives on.  At dink and dunk schools, they lift weights too, but that has neutral impact on the finesse and trickery philosophy on offense.  With their defenses built for speed and quickness, it is not the threat multiplier that Herbert brings to CBB's program with his creative, foaming at the mouth, off-season system.

3.  Being a contrarian is smart.  When everyone is selling stocks, you buy.  When everyone is buying, you sell. Fortunes have been made with that strategy.  Everyone, even Bama, is going spread, hurry-up, more finesse less power on offense. Lots of dink and dunk running beating you by tricking you.  That will score a lot of points but puts huge stress on your defense and helps to get a lot of points scored on you, too.  So, Bielema makes eating up the clock, wearing you down with long drives, sexy again.  Kneeling three times to end the game on Texass' five yard line WAS borderline erotic.  It doesn't matter how many points you score.  It only matters how many points MORE you score than them.  The 31-7 beat down of Texass is a great example.  They were very frustrated with very few chances to get their offense going because our offense dominated.

4.  The coach that represented the Big Ten three straight times in the Rose Bowl chose us and he turns out to be a great fit for Arkansas.  He was raised on a hog farm and he has the down to earth, tough, with a sense of humor personality that Arkansans love.  We took a chance on Petrino (an offensive genius with big past character flaw issues who was escaping a sinking ship in Atlanta like the rat he turned out to be) and Long's nationally recognized classy way of handling that disaster got CBB to consider us.  There has NEVER been a champion coach from a top conference who chose to come to Arkansas.  Not Broyles, not Holtz, nobody.  It has also not happened at LSU, not at OleMiss, nor A&M.  (Saban was a middle of the pack coach in the Big Ten when he went to LSU.  Same with Les when he left OSU for LSU.) Only Bama in the SEC can say the same with Saban and maybe when the Bear left A&M.

5.  The fact that our athletic director is nationally recognized as one of the top AD's in the country doesn't hurt either.  Broyles was a very good AD but he was not the consummate professional that Long is.

6.  We play in the best division in the best conference in the country and we appear on the verge of being a major player.  Being at the top of the SWC in the 60's was great but we only had Texas and an occasional SMU or Houston to worry about.  We never had a conference schedule that had 5 top 20 teams on it.  Yet, we are getting lots of respect and predictions that we can be successful playing at that unprecedented level of competition.

Our program is reaching heights that Hog fans have only dreamed about and the best is yet to come.  I like it.   JMVVVVVVVVHO
Time to git er done Hogs!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Man this Hawgsturbation is killing me... We need some real football talk from fall practice stat..! I am even more excited than I was Neutrino's final season here. We are in such better hands with a coach who wants to build a perennial winner. I truly feel we can own up to(on the field) what we are putting out(to the media) this year... How many days before the team reports for practice..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 01, 2015, 04:12:16 am
Man this Hawgsturbation is killing me... We need some real football talk from fall practice stat..! I am even more excited than I was Neutrino's final season here. We are in such better hands with a coach who wants to build a perennial winner. I truly feel we can own up to(on the field) what we are putting out(to the media) this year... How many days before the team reports for practice..?
The first practice is next Thursday.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Hogmodo on August 01, 2015, 03:53:47 am
..........not just excited and hopeful but really solidly pumped up bigtime...

...Our program is reaching heights that Hog fans have only dreamed about and the best is yet to come.  I like it.   JMVVVVVVVVHO

We're headed in the right direction and we'll be solid in '15...and beyond.

" GO HOGS "

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogmodo on August 01, 2015, 03:53:47 am
..........not just excited and hopeful but really solidly pumped up bigtime.

1.  Recruiting is the strongest that I can remember in 60 years of following the Razorbacks.  We are recruiting well in Florida, Louisiana, and going nationwide for recruits like never before on the hill.  We have kept most of the in state studs so far.  We are nationally recognized at running back, offensive line, fullback, and tight end as being one of just a few top schools for each of those positions. Never came close to that in the past at any position much less four.  The quality across the board in terms of character and potential of our recruits is extremely good.  J.J. Watt going from walk-on to all-pro was not a freak thing for CBB's program.  He is just the best example of how Bielema and Herbert can find and develop diamonds in the rough like no one else can in the country.  We are starting to see the fruits of our beefed up walk-on program now. The fact that we can do better in Texas just means we have great potential to improve even more.

2.  State of the art, cutting edge, exceptionally run with great facilities off-season program. Not only is it making athletes stronger, bigger, faster, etc. it is reinforcing the mental toughness and ferocity that CBB's program thrives on.  At dink and dunk schools, they lift weights too, but that has neutral impact on the finesse and trickery philosophy on offense.  With their defenses built for speed and quickness, it is not the threat multiplier that Herbert brings to CBB's program with his creative, foaming at the mouth, off-season system.

3.  Being a contrarian is smart.  When everyone is selling stocks, you buy.  When everyone is buying, you sell. Fortunes have been made with that strategy.  Everyone, even Bama, is going spread, hurry-up, more finesse less power on offense. Lots of dink and dunk running beating you by tricking you.  That will score a lot of points but puts huge stress on your defense and helps to get a lot of points scored on you, too.  So, Bielema makes eating up the clock, wearing you down with long drives, sexy again.  Kneeling three times to end the game on Texass' five yard line WAS borderline erotic.  It doesn't matter how many points you score.  It only matters how many points MORE you score than them.  The 31-7 beat down of Texass is a great example.  They were very frustrated with very few chances to get their offense going because our offense dominated.

4.  The coach that represented the Big Ten three straight times in the Rose Bowl chose us and he turns out to be a great fit for Arkansas.  He was raised on a hog farm and he has the down to earth, tough, with a sense of humor personality that Arkansans love.  We took a chance on Petrino (an offensive genius with big past character flaw issues who was escaping a sinking ship in Atlanta like the rat he turned out to be) and Long's nationally recognized classy way of handling that disaster got CBB to consider us.  There has NEVER been a champion coach from a top conference who chose to come to Arkansas.  Not Broyles, not Holtz, nobody.  It has also not happened at LSU, not at OleMiss, nor A&M.  (Saban was a middle of the pack coach in the Big Ten when he went to LSU.  Same with Les when he left OSU for LSU.) Only Bama in the SEC can say the same with Saban and maybe when the Bear left A&M.

5.  The fact that our athletic director is nationally recognized as one of the top AD's in the country doesn't hurt either.  Broyles was a very good AD but he was not the consummate professional that Long is.

6.  We play in the best division in the best conference in the country and we appear on the verge of being a major player.  Being at the top of the SWC in the 60's was great but we only had Texas and an occasional SMU or Houston to worry about.  We never had a conference schedule that had 5 top 20 teams on it.  Yet, we are getting lots of respect and predictions that we can be successful playing at that unprecedented level of competition.

Our program is reaching heights that Hog fans have only dreamed about and the best is yet to come.  I like it.   JMVVVVVVVVHO

Very fine analysis. 

All of your points are spot on but No. 5 is the reason a program like ours could end up with a coach like nut for 10 years...

LRRandy

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 01, 2015, 04:12:16 am
+1. That's funny. Every passionate fan from every fan base is thinking much the same way. The anticipation is exciting and very much part of the fun.
This is fun, isn't it.

WJBilly

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 01, 2015, 08:04:50 am
Very fine analysis. 

All of your points are spot on but No. 5 is the reason a program like ours could end up with a coach like nut for 10 years...
Huh? ???
That could happen to any program no matter the AD.

DeltaBoy

As Time has passed I see more proof how forward thinking Frank Broyles was to the UA. He just sat back when John White pulled that Hire by Committee crap,that got us Nutt.

We could be entering the best run since the decade of the 1960s.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LAHOG1962

Great post Hogmodo. The Dark ages are over and the light at the end of the tunnel is not an oncoming train. The hogs are going to be in the SEC championship conversation for a LONG time.

GuvHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 01, 2015, 08:42:54 am
As Time has passed I see more proof how forward thinking Frank Broyles was to the UA. He just sat back when John White pulled that Hire by Committee crap,that got us Nutt.

We could be entering the best run since the decade of the 1960s.

There was nothing Frank could have done to stop White. White was the Chancellor and Frank's boss so he had the power to override Frank (unfortunately).

Very good write up Hogmodo.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

lumphog

I'm with you fellers.......+1 Hogmodo  "THIS" could be a great year