Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice Article For Hog Lovers And Horn Haters

Started by thefisher, July 30, 2015, 02:19:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thefisher

Preseason Longhorns unranked for the first time since 1998.

From the article....

"...For the first time since 1998, Texas will begin the season without a number next to its name........... Texas gave up 28 sacks for 221 yards, so building an offensive line that knows how to protect a quarterback is paramount."

Good!  That sounds so sweet!

Yippekiyiyay!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/07/texas-longhorns-unranked-first-time-preseason-amway-coaches-poll
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Hog N Bama

HAHA Wonder how Horns fans feel seeing TCU #2 lol ::hornsdown::

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hog N Bama on July 30, 2015, 02:27:47 pm
HAHA Wonder how Horns fans feel seeing TCU #2 lol ::hornsdown::
i bet the hire Patterson next time around. They have GOT to be hating that ^^.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

redeye

I know Texas has had a lot of success since '98, but I still think of them struggling since the early eighties.  I'm actually surprised they went so long getting ranked in the preseason, but I'm sure much of it wasn't deserved.

War Boar

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.

MultipleScoreGasms

I guess people should enjoy it now, because I don't expect it to last.  Strong rebuilt Louisville, and he has a much deeper talent pool at TX.  I will be interested in what we see in years 3 and 4.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 30, 2015, 02:32:09 pm
i bet the hire Patterson next time around. They have GOT to be hating that ^^.

I think Patterson is gonna retire in Ft. Worth.

goodguytex

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 30, 2015, 07:23:06 pm
I think Patterson is gonna retire in Ft. Worth.
He's got that program right where he wants it. If there was a time for him to go elsewhere it was when that drug suspension thing hit. He's probably there for good.

chitwnhog

Quote from: goodguytex on July 30, 2015, 07:25:14 pm
He's got that program right where he wants it. If there was a time for him to go elsewhere it was when that drug suspension thing hit. He's probably there for good.

And I've read that his wife loves living in D/FW

goodguytex

Quote from: DawgTownHog on July 30, 2015, 07:28:27 pm
And I've read that his wife loves living in D/FW
They don't even have to live in Dallas itself. There are a lot of great places to live in that area. Some really posh suburbs.

reddogjcss

razorbackfaninar

Look, I hate Texas as much as anybody, but Charlie Strong is a good coach. As long as they give him the time, he'll get them turned around. I'm just going to enjoy them being this bad for however long it lasts, because I dont think it will be too much longer, maybe 2 more years. Mac really left them in bad shape.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on July 30, 2015, 11:31:07 pm
Look, I hate Texas as much as anybody, but Charlie Strong is a good coach. As long as they give him the time, he'll get them turned around. I'm just going to enjoy them being this bad for however long it lasts, because I dont think it will be too much longer, maybe 2 more years. Mac really left them in bad shape.
Agreed. But will they give him time? Their brand is flagging and their conference is coming apart at the seams.

Look at how poorly some of our fans and boosters handled 2013 & early '14. Do you really think those entitled t'sips are going to gracefully endure rebuilding? I could easily see their unpopular AD scapegoating Charlie in order to save his job.

pigture perfect

I am doing my happy dance in my bathrobe. Nobody wants to see this fat guy naked.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Justifiable Hogicide

Hawgzinbowlz

::hornsdown:: Too much money and too much pride in Texas for this to last very long. Charlie can get it turned around if they give him time...and if not they'll get somebody else.
The look on their fans faces, after the Texas Bowl, was enjoyable...especially when they were reading the 'Deep In The Heart of Texas' sign being carried around the exit ramp concourses.  ::hornsdown::

" GO HOGS "

DeltaBoy

Quote from: goodguytex on July 30, 2015, 07:25:14 pm
Great to see the Whores unranked.
Patterson is the King in Fort Worth. He would never go to Austin.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Texas Burning

Glad to see the Horns where they belong 2 votes ahead of LA Tech. Strong is a good coach, not sure he is the right fit for Texas. Enjoy the Smoke coming from Austin.

DeltaBoy

Texas fans are in mourning. I believe the AD at UTerous will be gone before NSD.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: goodguytex on July 30, 2015, 07:36:05 pm
They don't even have to live in Dallas itself. There are a lot of great places to live in that area. Some really posh suburbs.

"DFW" = Dallas, Fort Worth AND all of the surrounding suburbs...

;)

Torqued pork

What caused the crash and burn after the Young and McCoy years? I just can't imagine a tradition-rich program in Austin having a bad recruiting class much less several bad classes consecutively.

Sivad

Its rock bottom for Texas.
They're unranked and 4th in their own state.
Really unbelievable...with their resources and instate talent...they should be Top 5 every year.

Mike_e

Hoping CS doesn't make it there.

I like the guy too much to root against him for long and can't stand the thought of pulling for tejas.

Messed up I know but there it is.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!