Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most unbreakable individual football record in Arkansas history

Started by JackJohnson, July 27, 2015, 03:00:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on July 28, 2015, 09:40:28 pm
i don't know about unbreakable, but 17 straight SEC losses is pretty remarkable.

Ouch!  That still hurts.

Augustus

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pigture perfect on July 28, 2015, 12:12:25 pm
Dmacs consecutive runner-up streak for the Heisman.
How about D-Mac's back-to-back Doak Walkers.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

pigture perfect

Quote from: Cullen Fitzpatrick on July 28, 2015, 09:40:28 pm
i don't know about unbreakable, but 17 straight SEC losses is pretty remarkable.
i like the sound of 22 straight wins.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigbacon

DeltaBoy

I have not watched a single Heisman award show since DMac got screwed over 2 times.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Steef

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 01, 2015, 08:59:42 am
I have not watched a single Heisman award show since DMac got screwed over 2 times.

Once. Troy smith
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DLUXHOG

Quote from: JaxFlaRazorback on July 27, 2015, 03:14:05 pm
Steve Little's field goal against Texas, 67 yards on October 15, 1977.

This still stands as longest NCAA DIV 1 field goal.... (although 3 others have tied it...)  anyway, that is 37 years & counting folks!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WarPig88

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on July 28, 2015, 12:43:17 pm
Pure bull.

Tebow had amazing STATS.  DMAC was by far the most dominant player in the nation that year.

Tebow was far less deserving of the Heisman that year, but was simply higher profile, and sportswriters are not all that bright.

But, based on your post, that issue is not limited to sportswriters.

Actually Dmac laid two big eggs that season in the second half against Kentucky and against Auburn at home. We only had a 104 yards of total offense in the second half against Kentucky. Against Auburn he had 43 yards and a 2.5 yards per carry average that night.

He also had a game against Miss St. that year where he only rushed for 83 yards on 28 carries.

You don't see many Heisman winners that lay one egg in a season, much less two.

He should have won the year they gave it to Smith. That was the old give it to the MVP of the best team crap.

bruisemeister

Quote from: bennyl08 on July 28, 2015, 05:07:00 pm
Gerheart was good, but his numbers weren't that much better than Ingram's and the PAC hadn't closed the gap on the SEC like they have today. The main point I was making is that I believe Trent Richardson's resume from 2011 would have won the 2009 heisman in a landslide and he wasn't even top 3 in 2011.
Bama's best player that year was the linebacker McClain, followed by the nose guard, Cody and the defensive back, Arenas. That was a poor field that season. It really should have been that lineman from Nebraska with the wierd name but a lineman will never win a Heisman.

bruisemeister

I think the Steve Little 67 yarder is safe for 3 reasons:
1.)Back then, a missed field goal was like a touchback. The other team got the ball at the 20. No one would dare try a field goal at midfield unless it was at the end of a tie game or halftime.
2.) The goal posts were much wider than. Someone mentioned the 58-59 yarder by Trainer against Miami. That would have been wide if the goal posts were like they are now. That also applies to the game winning field goal that Todd Wright hit to beat Tennessee in 1992.
3.) Finally, the kickers got to kick off of a tee back then. It was not the tee that they kick off from. It was more flat. The holder would place the ball on this flat tee. Today, kicking with the ball sitting on the turf increases the difficulty of the kick.

bruisemeister

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 28, 2015, 10:20:05 pm
Ouch!  That still hurts.
It could happen again. The SEC is tough. I know the topic was individual but 22 straight wins may seem unrealistic today.

gmarv

Quote from: 3kgthog on July 27, 2015, 07:02:31 pm
DMac's career rushing total. Until BB leaves, RBs will be sharing a lot of carries. The game has changed, too. I doubt we'll ever see another coach here as run heavy as Nutt was. Finding another athlete in our lifetime with DMac's talent isn't likely, either.

For perspective, JWill is 10th on our current list and needs 2,269 yards to pass DMac. JWill will have a great season if he gets even half that total.
it seems possible for ac to beat dmacs total if he stays for his senior year.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 01, 2015, 08:59:42 am

I'm with ya on this........... It's been a beauty contest for way too long anyway.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!