Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JUCO Transfer Reed Has Freakish Skills

Started by Mike Irwin, July 20, 2015, 10:37:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman99

Quote from: razorhog52 on July 30, 2015, 08:02:37 am
I have high hopes for Reed but also want to temper my expectations. It usually takes an adjustment period for JUCO guys and he has no redshirt year. His frame and speed reminds me of Chris Baker. JUCO hyper like Sparky Hamilton. Hopefully he comes on quickly like Boo Williams.

The JUCO WR for Auburn (Williams) last year came in and made an immediate impact. I expect Reed to do the same for us this year. I think CBB feels that way too or he wouldn't have been #1 on his board.

LivingLegends

Those are great tangibles but that doesn't always translate to success on the field.  I hope it does but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Big Pig Fan

I first witnessed Dominique's athleticism when he was in T-ball.  His teammates rarely touched the ball because he would go get it wherever it was hit and run the other kids down.  I remember him once making an unassisted triple play by chasing all three runners down and tagging them out.  I know it was T ball but still impressive.  He was so dominant at that the other coaches and parents complained until some rules were implemented making him throw the ball to bases.  I bet he was the fastest 5 year old ever next to Tanner English!  I am very excited he is a hog and I would bet that BA won't overthrow him on a deep ball.  I am not saying he will be this good but the closest comparison that I can make as far as speed and body type is Randy Moss at Marshall.

ricepig

Quote from: Big Pig Fan on July 30, 2015, 01:44:14 pm
I first witnessed Dominique's athleticism when he was in T-ball.  His teammates rarely touched the ball because he would go get it wherever it was hit and run the other kids down.  I remember him once making an unassisted triple play by chasing all three runners down and tagging them out.  I know it was T ball but still impressive.  He was so dominant at that the other coaches and parents complained until some rules were implemented making him throw the ball to bases.  I bet he was the fastest 5 year old ever next to Tanner English!  I am very excited he is a hog and I would bet that BA won't overthrow him on a deep ball.  I am not saying he will be this good but the closest comparison that I can make as far as speed and body type is Randy Moss at Marshall.

Well, my son did that, too, but it was probably influenced more by the runners stopping and searching for 4-leaf clovers.......

oldhawg

Quote from: ricepig on July 30, 2015, 01:47:29 pm
Well, my son did that, too, but it was probably influenced more by the runners stopping and searching for 4-leaf clovers.......

Reminds me of a time when I was in the seventh grade playing junior high football.  One day at practice the coach got mad at one of his starters, an eighth grader, and yelled for a kid (another seventh grader like me) to take his place.  Well, the kid did not respond right away, so coached turned around and saw the kid off in the distance chasing a butterfly. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: woodrow hog call on July 22, 2015, 08:02:01 am
He has plenty of arm for the deep ball, if, he can see it soon enough to let it fly before the receiver gets too deep. I really hope Enos can help BA with the timing of his passes, as much as anything else.
this EXACTLY !!....the one glaring problem with #10's passing game is he seems to be a split second behind in either finding the open reciever or deciding to release the ball...Allen's split second indecision cost us the Bama game last year....Brandon has to learn when you have speed like this, let it go early, put a little air under and let this bad boy turn on the jets and go get it...in other words, THROW HIM OPEN on the deep ball !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.