Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ronda Rousey goes down!

Started by Albert Einswine, November 15, 2015, 12:18:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

She was dominated and beaten down by a boxer and knocked out cold. Wow
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

NuttinItUp

That kick to the head was brutal.

Torqued pork

I think that was Amy Schumer posing as Ronda.

Dillar Dog

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 15, 2015, 07:45:35 am
That was satisfying.

Yep, Holly Holm seems like a humble, down to earth lady. The complete opposite of Rousey, and she beat her down.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Steef

I understand there really aren't too many rules in that style of fighting...and the kick was perfectly legal. But Holm did kick her as she was getting up...and Rousey's back was turned.

I don't really CARE about who wins...but as an old timer, I can remember when that would be considered 'dirty' fighting.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: steefhog on November 15, 2015, 07:57:38 am
I understand there really aren't too many rules in that style of fighting...and the kick was perfectly legal. But Holm did kick her as she was getting up...and Rousey's back was turned.

I don't really CARE about who wins...but as an old timer, I can remember when that would be considered 'dirty' fighting.

MMA is blood sport with few rules. It's kinda the point.

Steef

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 15, 2015, 08:00:01 am

MMA is blood sport with few rules. It's kinda the point.

I understand.

Just offends my ancient sensibilities to kick someone from behind.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: steefhog on November 15, 2015, 08:03:33 am
I understand.

Keep your opponent in front of you. ;)

Buff

There are other things I'd rather to do Rousey from behind. 

Ronda didn't look like herself.  Holm just handled her through the whole thing, and didn't play into Ronda's strength.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: steefhog on November 15, 2015, 08:03:33 am
I understand.

She didn't kick her from behind.  I would've loved it if she did though.

bolo

she looked out of shape to me.
R.I.P OTR
R.I.P PRJ
2023 March Maddest Champion with a little help from my friends

Dillar Dog

Getting punched in the face over and over might do that to you.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 15, 2015, 06:07:56 pm
Getting punched in the face over and over might do that to you.

Yep, it wasn't like it was a fluke or anything. She got her ass kicked from go.

DeltaBoy

I was stunned to hear this result.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HogFansReunited

Rousey looked out of shape.  She isn't use to fights lasting more that 30 seconds but she looked gassed after the first minute.  I really think she has been spending too much time doing commercials and movies and such and she needs to be spending more time training.  Hopefully she realizes that after getting her ass kicked and she gets back to being a force.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

DOGALUM

Quote from: Buff on November 15, 2015, 08:36:45 am
There are other things I'd rather to do Rousey from behind. 

No doubt. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: HogFansReunited on November 16, 2015, 03:33:44 pm
Rousey looked out of shape.  She isn't use to fights lasting more that 30 seconds but she looked gassed after the first minute.  I really think she has been spending too much time doing commercials and movies and such and she needs to be spending more time training.  Hopefully she realizes that after getting her ass kicked and she gets back to being a force.

Yeah.  I'm sure that was it.  Probably nothing to do with holly having great footwork and stopping her throws with great defense.  Ronda probably didn't even train for the fight.  Has nothing to do with holly being a better fighter at all.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 16, 2015, 04:10:52 pm
Yeah.  I'm sure that was it.  Probably nothing to do with holly having great footwork and stopping her throws with great defense.  Ronda probably didn't even train for the fight.  Has nothing to do with holly being a better fighter at all.

Just too many Hardee's sandwhich takes for Old Ronda

Wild Bill Hog

Dillar Dog

Albert Einswine

Quote from: grayhawg on November 17, 2015, 08:46:36 am
Here's a guy with a different take on the fight.

http://sports.cbslocal.com/2015/11/16/taz-ufc-took-the-belt-off-ronda-rousey-and-rousey-was-in-on-it/

That may be the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. The slimeball Dana White was visibly shaken in his interview after his cash cow got destroyed.

DeltaBoy

Ronda Rousey will be back and will take back the Title.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 19, 2015, 10:13:35 am

If Holly Holm continues to retain the title, and if Rousey doesn't learn how to fight standing up, she'll just get her face pulverized again.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 19, 2015, 10:13:35 am

You need to watch the fight.  She won't be taking it from Holm.  Her only hope is for holly to get beat by someone else.

superior_wang

Rousey's ego cost her that fight. She's usually wins by submission, and got crap for her lack of a striking game. So, to show she has a striking game, she went after a world champion boxer. Huge mistake.  Where was her training staff as well? seems any idiot (even me) would know she'd want the fight on the ground and use her judo bag of tricks. Never happened.

Dillar Dog

It never happened because Holm defended against the throws Ronda tried.  Why people think Ronda chose to stand up baffles me.  Did you really think she could walk across the ring and throw holly to the ground whenever she felt like it?

Albert Einswine

Hard to take someone to ground who has longer reach than you and bashes your face in every time you charge in wildly.

Buff

Heard on the radio that Holm had a 100% takedown defense rate going into the fight.

superior_wang

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 19, 2015, 12:40:18 pm
It never happened because Holm defended against the throws Ronda tried.  Why people think Ronda chose to stand up baffles me.  Did you really think she could walk across the ring and throw holly to the ground whenever she felt like it?
i think she  thought she could, but wanted to go "out punch" holm. thats my opinion. By the time she decided she couldnt the fight was over. She was chasing holm from the opening bell.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 19, 2015, 12:40:30 pm
Hard to take someone to ground who has longer reach than you and bashes your face in every time you charge in wildly.

Ronda did get the clinch several times.  One takedown.  Holly defended the throws very well. 

Dillar Dog

Quote from: superior_wang on November 19, 2015, 12:42:37 pm
i think she  thought she could, but wanted to go "out punch" holm. thats my opinion. By the time she decided she couldnt the fight was over. She was chasing holm from the opening bell.

Yes.  She was chasing her to clinch and throw.  She hasn't fought anyone with the footwork of Holm.  She didn't choose to make it a boxing match, she was forced to.

Albert Einswine

Holly was also bigger, stronger and more skilled.

superior_wang

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 19, 2015, 12:46:00 pm
Yes.  She was chasing her to clinch and throw.  She hasn't fought anyone with the footwork of Holm.  She didn't choose to make it a boxing match, she was forced to.
Dillar dog you might have a point....ill tap on this one.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 19, 2015, 12:47:10 pm

And is very good at defending throws with proper technique.

superior_wang

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 19, 2015, 12:47:10 pm
holly did look in 50 times better shape than Rousey imo

Dillar Dog

Quote from: superior_wang on November 19, 2015, 12:49:24 pm
Dillar dog you might have a point....ill tap on this one.

The main deal is that she's a judo player, not a wrestler.  In order for a judo player to get you to the ground they need to grab you and have control.  The several times she got her hands on holly, holly defended by getting low and having her head and arms in the right spot.  One time she even defended by taking Ronda down.  I'm sure that wasn't expected and probably why it worked.

If anyone is beating holly it will be a wrestler.  If they can keep her down.  Wrestlers don't have to have hands on you to take you down.  They just need to keep you there.

pigture perfect

I thought it was a perfect fight by Holly. I'm looking for the rematch to be more even. My biggest disappointment in the whole aftermath was Laila Ali blasting Ronda. I would like to see that as a warm-up for the rematch. I'd bet heavily on Rousey.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dillar Dog

Well, yeah.  Ali has been retired for what?  Close to 10 years?

And she only blasted her after the idiot kept pushing her to.  She actually complimented her.