Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have not seen anything

Started by labb, December 09, 2017, 08:48:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

labb

posted about it but our defense was really, really good tonight.

BrooklynRoss

I'm surprised the TV mic's picked up anything other that sneakers squeaking.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

lynbug

How long has it been since we've had a consistent shot blocker AND dunker.

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: lynbug on December 09, 2017, 09:08:38 pm
How long has it been since we've had a consistent shot blocker AND dunker.

Never

The real Hogules

Quote from: Hogs run wild on December 09, 2017, 09:18:46 pm
Moses?
Uh, I believe the OP said "consistent shot blocker and scorer."
While I appreciate what Moses brought to the team, he often disappeared in big games. He was a great Hog and I'm glad he chose to play with Bobby P. at Arkansas!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hogs run wild

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 09, 2017, 09:47:40 pm
Uh, I believe the OP said "consistent shot blocker and DUNKER."
While I appreciate what Moses brought to the team, he often disappeared in big games. He was a great Hog and I'm glad he chose to play with Bobby P. at Arkansas!
he was consistent enough his senior year to lead the SEC in blocks. don't know about dunks though. for his junior year, he was second in the SEC in blocks, again, not sure about dunks. for his career, he scored over 1200 points. those came largely in his junior and senior years. his first two years playing he was backing up portis.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

acepoker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 09, 2017, 09:21:47 pm
Never

Let's see how the rest of the season plays out. Right now his numbers are similar to the big Nasty.

blu

He's a darn good freshman big. He and Corliss are really not the same type of player at all. Corliss was at times an unstoppable scoring machine down low, not that athletic, but big, tough and nasty.

Haven't seen a lot of other BB besides Hogs and Mizzou, but he and Tilmon have got to be two of the best freshman bigs out there right now. Playing really well.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Dominicanhog

Quote from: blu on December 10, 2017, 06:53:15 am
He and Corliss are really not the same type of player at all. Corliss was at times an unstoppable scoring machine down low, not that athletic, but big, tough and nasty.

Yep, Corliss used his body so well to fend of the defender, he also was extremely quick getting his shot up.. totally different except for that quick jump.. though Corliss didn't get high off the floor, he was up quick and in good position for the RB.

jimmur74

Corliss not that Athletic?  Mmmmm wrong
Corliss is a whole different player than gafford. He ran the floor like a machine.  could take over the post with his sheer strength, body control and agility. He was very very skilled around the rim and made taller players look bad. Keep in mind he was only 6 '7.  Gafford really is a true post player and has incredible Body control much like Corliss. His shot blocking ability is incredible. Two very different but incredibly gifted players.

He's a darn good freshman big. He and Corliss are really not the same type of player at all. Corliss was at times an unstoppable scoring machine down low, not that athletic, but big, tough and nasty.

Haven't seen a lot of other BB besides Hogs and Mizzou, but he and Tilmon have got to be two of the best freshman bigs out there right now. Playing really well.

jimmur74

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 10, 2017, 07:50:25 am
Corliss not that Athletic?  Mmmmm wrong
Corliss was a whole different player than gafford. He ran the floor like a machine.  could take over the post with his sheer strength, body control and agility. He was very very skilled around the rim and made taller players look bad. Keep in mind he was only 6 '7.  Gafford really is a true post player and has incredible Body control much like Corliss. His shot blocking ability is incredible. Two very different but incredibly gifted players.

blu

I'll have to stand corrected on that not athletic quote - he didn't have explosive hops or the length DG has. He blocked some shots but that wasn't his greatest strength. He was as we both agree very adept at scoring in the paint regardless of any height advantage his defender may have had.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

acepoker

So glad both are Razorbacks! Cannot wait to see what Gafford looks like when it's all said and done.

Hoggish1

incHOGnito

The last players to attack the rim like Gafford were Qualls and Derek Hood.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: acepoker on December 10, 2017, 06:37:38 am
Let's see how the rest of the season plays out. Right now his numbers are similar to the big Nasty.

Numbers have zero to do with attitude. We have never had a big man this athletic, active, and aggressive. Never

Hogimus Prime

Hasn't been a shot blocker the Big O

supersaint

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on December 09, 2017, 08:50:08 pm
I'm surprised the TV mic's picked up anything other that sneakers squeaking.

On Gafford's last dunk, Minnesota's 5 farted.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Foshodo

Quote from: incHOGnito on December 10, 2017, 12:42:00 pm
The last players to attack the rim like Gafford were Qualls and Derek Hood.

Sooooo... Nicky Davis?