Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what makes auburn's facilities better than the UA

Started by Tusks, November 16, 2017, 08:38:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusks

The hogs have everything, what are the hogs missing?  In a couple of these articles written in alabama are saying auburns facilities are better.

How or what's better?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

moses_007

We have the second best facilities in the SEC.  Only Alabama's are better.

But wait, BWA and our Basketball Center are clearly better than Bama's..........

factchecker

Their capacity is bigger = point Auburn

Our elevators work = point Arkansas

;)
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

sickboy

Everybody has good facilities in the SEC. It's really a pissing match.

Auburn has more prestige and success though.

factchecker

Quote from: sickboy on November 16, 2017, 08:40:44 pm

Vandy's are not so good.

Mizzou's isn't that good either.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

moses_007

Yeah, but Auburn is like Arkansas State in Alabama.  They have always played second fiddle to the Crimson Tide.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Tusks

yes I know what everyone is saying.  just the writers in AL are saying barners facilities are better, and I'm figuring they talking football, and after all the crap the program has built and are building, I was wondering what they've built to jump ahead of the hogs.  I've been to a dozen games there and yes everyone has facilities but there was NOTHING there to make me think their overall facilities were better.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Arkansas Fan

It's just Auburn people getting upset that Gus might leave them to a place they see as "inferior." So, they make up all kinds of reasons why Auburn is better than Arkansas - like the bogus facilities claim.

ballz2thewall

The rest of the frog.

moses_007

jkstock04

Quote from: tusked on November 16, 2017, 08:38:03 pm
The hogs have everything, what are the hogs missing?  In a couple of these articles written in alabama are saying auburns facilities are better.

How or what's better?
Auburns stadium is very nice, nicest away stadium I've been to. At least comparable to ours if not a bit better. Seats 80-85k if I'm not mistaken.

I have no idea about their practice facilities, weight rooms, etc. I'm going to assume that stuff is top of the line...but I think ours is too.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pig in the Pokey

Auburn's only advantage is the bagman. Yet their disadvantages are worse. Cross division rival is Georgia, they play Clemson, they got SABAN in state with them....
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 16, 2017, 09:11:40 pm
Auburns stadium is very nice, nicest away stadium I've been to. At least comparable to ours if not a bit better. Seats 80-85k if I'm not mistaken.

I have no idea about their practice facilities, weight rooms, etc. I'm going to assume that stuff is top of the line...but I think ours is too.

No way.  I posted this in another thread:

Have you seen Auburn's stadium?  It is War Memorial with an upper deck.  I've been all through their place and it is a dump.  Nice campus.  Cool town.  Their facilities are old and bad.  Remember...their ONE elevator got stuck from the press box/coaches box to field level with OUR coaches inside. 

I was shocked.  Truly...War Memorial is in better shape.
Retired Radio Host

rtr

To be honest, Bryant Denney, Neyland, and Sanford are the only stadiums other than RRS that have impressed me.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

jkstock04

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 16, 2017, 09:25:23 pm

Have you seen Auburn's stadium?  It is War Memorial with an upper deck.  I've been all through their place and it is a dump.  Nice campus.  Cool town.  Their facilities are old and bad.  Remember...their ONE elevator got stuck from the press box/coaches box to field level with OUR coaches inside. 

Completely different experience for me. LSU is the nastiest, run down stadium I've ever been to besides war memorial.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

redeye

Some other SEC forums like to make fun of Auburn's facilities being in poor shape, so it's not just you.

rtr

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 16, 2017, 10:28:23 pm
Completely different experience for me. LSU is the nastiest, run down stadium I've ever been to besides war memorial.
I agree with that.  Neyland is old but has been kept up well.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Matt Burks

How or what's better?
The have bag men 💰

bphi11ips

Quote from: rtr on November 16, 2017, 10:44:42 pm

Depends on what part of Neyland you are in. Some of its bathrooms still have chamber pots.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 16, 2017, 09:13:20 pm
Auburn's only advantage is the bagman. Yet their disadvantages are worse. Cross division rival is Georgia, they play Clemson, they got SABAN in state with them....

May be awhile before they make the mistake again of scheduling Clemson.

Texas A&M is next up for Clemson in regards to Clemson schooling the SEC West.

bphi11ips

I've toured players and practice facilities at both schools and Arkansas's are better. Have toured both stadiums and been to games in both. Auburn's stadium is an ancient concrete hulk, but when it is full it rocks.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Sivad

Quote from: factchecker on November 16, 2017, 08:41:55 pm
Vandy's are not so good.

Mizzou's isn't that good either.
Ole Miss' VH Stadium is a joke, even though it's next to the Groove.

Pork Twain

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 08:38:52 pm
We have the second best facilities in the SEC.  Only Alabama's are better.

But wait, BWA and our Basketball Center are clearly better than Bama's..........
In order for this to be true, you would have to choose to ignore a few SEC E schools
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 17, 2017, 02:18:38 am
In order for this to be true, you would have to choose to ignore a few SEC E schools

Who? Other than maybe Tennessee?  Our track and baseball facilities blows most of them away.  Even Barnhill, as old as it is, is bigger and better than most of the dedicated women's facilities.

Overall our athletic footprint is impressive. 

And Long isn't solely responsible for that!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

How or what's better?

Only in their dreams...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

popcornhog

Quote from: moses_007 on November 16, 2017, 08:42:27 pm
Yeah, but Auburn is like Arkansas State in Alabama.  They have always played second fiddle to the Crimson Tide.

Like an Arkansas State that has multiple recent NC appearances and a recent Natty.
WPS

LR_Matt

Quote from: Pork Twain on November 17, 2017, 02:18:38 am

Right. I've been to Bud Walton and Rupp. BWA looks like a boys and girls club in comparison.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: rtr on November 16, 2017, 09:29:24 pm
To be honest, Bryant Denney, Neyland, and Sanford are the only stadiums other than RRS that have impressed me.

Neyland is basically a giant version of the old, Erector-set Razorback stadium with some nice facades--the atmosphere makes a Tennessee game.  Bryant-Denny is nice.  Vaught-Hemingway and especially Scott Field are light years from where they were 25 years ago.  Florida Field is great.

I always thought Tiger Stadium was cool, with the old dorms built under the stadium. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

HF#1

If Gus comes to Arkansas, it won't be because of any reasons related athletics. He will come back for the same reasons Mike Anderson did.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: LR_Matt on November 17, 2017, 07:42:45 am
Right. I've been to Bud Walton and Rupp. BWA looks like a boys and girls club in comparison.

Size-wise, maybe, since Rupp holds nearly 25,000.  But Rupp isn't on campus and it feels a bit more like a convention center.  When it's on in Rupp, the place is rocking, but the slopes inside Rupp Arena are long and gentle--some of those seats are very far from the court.  The atmosphere makes the game, but just on the facility side, I kind of prefer the smaller, newer arenas with closer seating. 

Junkyard Hog

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: HF#1 on November 17, 2017, 08:14:04 am
If Gus comes to Arkansas, it won't be because of any reasons related athletics. He will come back for the same reasons Mike Anderson did.

That's a big part of it but that doesn't mean he won't win.  Mike Anderson is winning.

TeufelHog

Nothing . . . my son attends Auburn (student only - not a student/athlete) and I've been there many times.  IMHO, their athletic facilities can't touch ours.  They are "average" to "better-than-average" at best.  Their stadium is larger, "jumbotron" is larger, Coke products (if my memory serves me well) and Chick-Fil-A, but the stadium itself is the "ugliest piece of concrete" around.  Don't get me wrong, great environment in the stadium, great fans, and their "tail-gate environment/location" outshines ours by far . . . just nothing to look at from the outside.  Indoor/outdoor practice facilities, conditioning/weight-room facilities, dinning/resident hall facilities are nothing special.  Do not think/remember if they even have a "student/athlete educational development center" (Jones Family Center).  Arkansas has some of the finest athletic facilities in the nation, let alone the SEC.

Hog Fan...DOH!

You have waders?  The water under your bridge must be freezing this time of year.

Al Boarland

Cinco de Hogo

That comparison has little to do with the actual arena's, has more to do with attendance and atmosphere.  Hopefully Hog fans will come back because back in the day we were pretty good ourselves.

duckman

One elevator that wasn't able to lift Jim Chaney, well there are probably a lot of elevators that would struggle with that. 

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 17, 2017, 09:08:20 am
That comparison has little to do with the actual arena's, has more to do with attendance and atmosphere.  Hopefully Hog fans will come back because back in the day we were pretty good ourselves.

It's almost like having a fun, competitive team to watch drives home game atmosphere... weird.

oldfart

Quote from: rtr on November 16, 2017, 10:44:42 pm
t

gen neyland designed it well. he was an engineer in addition to being a helluva good coach

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's all perception though, has nothing to do with the facilities themselves
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.