Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does a bowl game save CBB's job?

Started by Wildhog, October 16, 2017, 10:11:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

If we manage to win 6 games this season, does that save CBB's job?

Yes
89 (49.7%)
No
90 (50.3%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Wildhog

What say you?  I think he needs to go, regardless.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

King Kong

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 16, 2017, 10:11:40 am

Are you asking for personal choices, or what will happen?

jkstock04

Yes I think if we win 6 or more games it will save his job...but of course you still have to consider that's even if he still wants to stay here.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 16, 2017, 10:16:38 am
Are you asking for personal choices, or what will happen?

What will happen.  But I'd like to know your personal choice, as well.
1909/1964/1965/1977

David†

Some will like it, some won't.

If he wins out. He should go, but I think he stays.

Danny J

Dear God I hope not but I think it does...here is the real question...will he be on the hot seat next year? If so then he needs to go because recruiting is hard enough as it is. I would fire him regardless even if we win out. I am tired of the inconsistency

The NewEra

I clicked YES, but that's not what I want.  That will mean he won 4 of the last six games and Long and Bielema can say it was a turning point.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I voted no but after thinking about if for a moment, there is no way Jeffie will fire Bielema if he reaches a bowl game
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

SemperFi

Yes and then we'll start this train wreck all over again in 2018
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Wildhog

Quote from: SemperFi on October 16, 2017, 10:23:00 am
Yes and then we'll start this train wreck all over again in 2018

Yep.  6-6/7-5 in perpetuity.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The_Boot_stops_here

Good gosh, I would hope not.  anything less than winning out and finishing regular season 8-4 is unacceptable at this point.  IMO of course.  That being said, Jeff Long seem like a very patient (too patient?) guy so who knows. 

Wildhog

Quote from: The NewEra on October 16, 2017, 10:22:07 am
I clicked YES, but that's not what I want.  That will mean he won 4 of the last six games and Long and Bielema can say it was a turning point.

Yeah, the spin will be unbearable. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 16, 2017, 10:17:32 am

I think it will from the administration/BOT view, me, I don't care either way, if the new coach is the "right" hire, then new blood, enthusiasm will be great. Unfortunately, it usually takes a few years to know if the new coach is "right".

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 16, 2017, 10:27:06 am
I think it will from the administration/BOT view, me, I don't care either way, if the new coach is the "right" hire, then new blood, enthusiasm will be great. Unfortunately, it usually takes a few years to know if the new coach is "right".

Some hope would be nice.  Just don't have any with Bielema. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on October 16, 2017, 10:28:29 am
Some hope would be nice.  Just don't have any with Bielema. 

Yeah, two steps forward, three steps back, doesn't give one much confidence.

hawgjr

Bowl game? We ain't going to no stinkin' bowl game!  :o

EastexHawg

This is where we are.  We are now a "let's finish 6-6, 7-5 in a good year, and get to the Gallery Furniture.com Bowl!" program.  Long has succeeded.  His work is done.

The support for him is probably the most astonishing aspect of my entire half century of following Arkansas athletics.

Hogsmo Kramer

It shouldn't but it prob would because people are dumb.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Mr Jade

I don't think it does because 6 wins means a lost bowl game and that still means a losing season. It also means that we had another losing season in the SEC and both of those indicators don't seem good coming off of a 5th season. 7 wins is a maybe. 8 or 9 for sure. I can't see 6 wins happening though. LSU, Miss St., and Auburn are all losses. Bielema will find a way to lose either Ole Miss or Mizzou.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

The_Iceman

Seebs

Sure it would. Unfortunately math is in the way
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DeltaBoy

A Bowl game win! Yes  just a bowl game maybe.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 16, 2017, 10:31:21 am
This is where we are.  We are now a "let's finish 6-6, 7-5 in a good year, and get to the Gallery Furniture.com Bowl!" program.  Long has succeeded.  His work is done.

The support for him is probably the most astonishing aspect of my entire half century of following Arkansas athletics.

It is puzzling, isn't it?

Hell, there was a large group of Germans that still liked Hitler well into the 1970s.

Pig in the Pokey

FARK no. He's already agreed to the buyout, ya'll. Catch up.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Torqued pork

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 16, 2017, 10:42:56 am
FARK no. He's already agreed to the buyout, ya'll. Catch up.
I'm thinking the same. Bret is probably convinced he isn't the problem. Arkansas is the problem.

jkstock04

How many times have you read or heard "it was a great hire, it just didn't work out."

Would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

From Tusk Till Dawn

Out of curiosity, what was your expectations at the start of the season?  I honestly thought with so many receiving corp losses, 8-4 was prob the high water mark, felt like 7-5 was likely.  So im not disappointed if we get to 6-6.

Hogwild

If he gets us to a bowl game, I think he would be safe with Long still as AD.  That said I think it would be a poor decision, and I don't see us winning 4 more games, we are not a good team.  I'm thinking we will be underdogs in four of the remaining six games.

Jimmy

I suppose if Bielema finishes 4-2 to finish the season, it would save his job with the PTB's.   But it probably should NOT save his job.  Hoping and praying every year just to make a bowl, any bowl, is not what an SEC fan base should have to worry about.   

Hogmaestro

I think 7 total wins...bowl game or no....means Bret stays for sure. 6 wins and a bowl game loss....not sure, but maybe.

I think next year sets up for us. Young talent getting experience now. Get a new offensive line coach and I think that improves. Anderson has been awful. IMO. If we wind up winning enough for Bret to stay I think thats actually better than a new coach. But he's gotta win enough of these last 6 for that to happen.

RazorPiggie

I think that would but I think he should be gone at the end of the season regardless.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Wildhog on October 16, 2017, 10:11:40 am

No, he's a lame duck coach. When BB got hired I bought into the hype and thought we would at least made one New Years bowl by now. But in year five I'm just tired of what he's selling and wants him to go away.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

elksnort

Quote from: Danny J on October 16, 2017, 10:19:49 am
Dear God I hope not but I think it does...here is the real question...will he be on the hot seat next year? If so then he needs to go because recruiting is hard enough as it is. I would fire him regardless even if we win out. I am tired of the inconsistency
This^^^^^. The South Carolina game was the nail in the coffin for me.

But, I don't know what Long will do. I have no clue other than it appears that Long is being quiet now.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Torqued pork on October 16, 2017, 10:48:01 am
I'm thinking the same. Bret is probably convinced he isn't the problem. Arkansas is the problem.
I think Long's already hired Leach, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

onebadrubi

The_Iceman

If we make a bowl, it's harder to fire him, but he should still be fired. Let Enos or Rhodes coach the game. Hopefully have a new coach in place by the middle of January.

BDSCT51

Bleeding Razorback Red

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

007 License To Squeal

I think he should go...period.......but his boss won't think so...
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

longpig

No, but the witch hunt of Jeff Long will officially become a rebellion if it does and I'll join.
Don't be scared, be smart.

snoblind

Quote from: Wildhog on October 16, 2017, 10:17:32 am

I think if he wins 6 or more he's here.  May be here another year regardless.

Since tickets are paid for I plan to go the rest of the season.  But if BB's on the sideline and Long in the AD box doubt I'll be there next season.  Guess the nice thing about having good tickets is a line of folks volunteering to take them over. 

PorkRinds

6 wins keeps his job one more season. I don't think he gets to 6 though.

smb

It sure does because Long will make excuses for him.
GeorgiaHOG

Dark Helmet Hog