Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shane Clenin adjusts to being a small fish in a big pond By: Richard Davenport

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 24, 2017, 06:26:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

This was posted in the Recruiting Forum but since Clenin is no longer a Recruit and now on campus, I thought that some of you over here in MMQB might like to see how he is adjusting to being on campus.

More good information from Richard Davenport.

Clenin, 6-6, 295 pounds played for Jefferson High School in Festus, Missouri, a town of slightly more than 11,000 people. "I had 300 kids in the high school I was in and there's like 30,000 here," said Clenin, who enrolled in January. "So you're walking around to class everywhere."

Often, the recruiting process can paint an unrealistic picture of the life of a D-I athlete, but not for Clenin. He said offensive line coach Kurt Anderson was upfront. "You see more of the coaching side than we saw when we were in the recruiting process, but still everything he said he was going to do he's done and then some," Clenin said.

More inside:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/may/23/shane-clenin-adjusts-being-small-fish-big-pond/
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

phadedhawg

Good to hear about Kurt Anderson telling him what was what instead of just painting a pretty picture. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: phadedhawg on May 24, 2017, 02:04:46 pm
Good to hear about Kurt Anderson telling him what was what instead of just painting a pretty picture. 

With so much b.s. that tends to be floated by various programs in recruiting to try to land any particular kid, I am glad that our staff presents real world scenarios. That cuts down on attrition.
Go Hogs Go!