Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do YOU think Arkansas' football season will go in 17-18..?

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, March 18, 2017, 04:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How do YOU think Arkansas' football season will go in 17-18..?

Arkansas will win a Natty baby..!
9 (2.8%)
Arkansas wil 10+ games..!
24 (7.4%)
Arkansas Will win 7-9 games..!
235 (72.3%)
Arkansas will win 6...
34 (10.5%)
Arkansas will be LUCKY to win 6...
14 (4.3%)
Frito pie taste like crap...
0 (0%)
Frito pie is Da Bomb...
5 (1.5%)
I don't know or care. I just want to point out how stupid everyone else is regardless of their pick.
4 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 323

Voting closed: March 28, 2017, 04:45:59 pm

Dwillhog66

It appears to me that a lot of posters don't understand what a fan is. Fan is short for fanatic. It's extremely difficult for a fanatic to be critical of what their fanatical about. I think there are a lot of casual observers of Razorback athletics who like to call themselves fans.

gchamblee

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on March 24, 2017, 10:15:48 am
It appears to me that a lot of posters don't understand what a fan is. Fan is short for fanatic. It's extremely difficult for a fanatic to be critical of what their fanatical about. I think there are a lot of casual observers of Razorback athletics who like to call themselves fans.

This is often the excuse people use for acting like idiots.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: gchamblee on March 24, 2017, 10:23:46 am
This is often the excuse people use for acting like idiots.

I think you r referring to individuals who are fanatical about winning more than they r fanatical about a team.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on March 24, 2017, 10:15:48 am

+1000

It's possible to be a "fan" and yet grounded in reality.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 24, 2017, 10:30:10 am
+1000

Based on you post history, you are definitely NOT the definition of a fan of the Razorbacks, IMO

gchamblee

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on March 24, 2017, 10:33:12 am

Based on you post history, you are definitely NOT the definition of a fan of the Razorbacks, IMO

He is grounded in lugubrious, not reality.

ChitownHawg

I second that.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Dwillhog66

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 24, 2017, 10:30:10 am
+1000

Actually, it's nearly impossible for a fanatic to be grounded in reality.

hogcard1964

I disagree.  It's been more difficult recently, but I've stuck with them.

By the way and for what it's worth, this isn't the worst stretch I've seen from the program. You have to remember, I'm pretty old, (I say that begrudgingly   ;D  ) and actually remember a few other pretty long stretches of bad football.

GoHogzzGo

Next poll should have a separate voting for 7, 8, and 9 wins lol. Fans going to be mostly unhappy at a 7 win season, and mostly happy at 9. Fairly big difference.

I think we break out more in our 2018 season with better line play and a favoriable schedule. 2017 I'm guessing will be very similar to last year with high highs and low lows. If we win 4+ games in conference I'll probably be content depending how we look.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Dwillhog66

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 24, 2017, 10:46:51 am
I disagree.  It's been more difficult recently, but I've stuck with them.

By the way and for what it's worth, this isn't the worst stretch I've seen from the program. You have to remember, I'm pretty old, (I say that begrudgingly   ;D  ) and actually remember a few other pretty long stretches of bad football.

You've proven my point that you are definitely not the definition of a fan of the Razorbacks.
Here is the definition of fanatic:  filled with or expressing excessive zeal.
You show very little zeal for our Hogs.
Never too old to learn!

Pork-n-Boots

I think we go 8-4. Losses to Alabama & LSU. Go 2-2 in the TCU, aTm, Auburn & South Carolina grouping & will win the other games.

hogcard1964

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 24, 2017, 10:58:04 am
Next poll should have a separate voting for 7, 8, and 9 wins lol. Fans going to be mostly unhappy at a 7 win season, and mostly happy at 9. Fairly big difference.

+1000

But in year 5 shouldn't everyone be somewhat unhappy with either 7, 8 or 9?

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 24, 2017, 12:23:24 pm
+1000

But in year 5 shouldn't everyone be somewhat unhappy with either 7, 8 or 9?

Fair point. Personally I'd be very happy with 9 wins, but I may be on an island.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

hogcard1964

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on March 24, 2017, 12:41:58 pm
Fair point. Personally I'd be very happy with 9 wins, but I may be on an island.

That's why I think a lot of folks are like "meh" when it comes to more of the same now.  I guess 9 wins would be acceptable. He hasn't won 9 yet, has he?

NotSoFastMyFriend

Any fan who wouldn't be happy with 9 wins needs to find a new program. Seriously. This one probably isn't for you. I think the Hogs will make a real push for the SEC title in 2019 (Kelley's second year) but I'm okay with 8-10 wins for the next two years. I'm not going to through myself over a bridge if the Razorbacks average 8 wins over the next two.

To me, anything more than 8 is great and anything less than that is not. Fireable if less than 8? Not sure. Depends on how the schedules played out. 2017 should be a good one though. Good bounces and maximum effort could push the win total into double digits for the first time since 2011 and hopefully shut a lot of idiots up in the process.

bennyl08

Quote from: goodguytex on March 24, 2017, 07:16:45 am
I actually don't expect a regression. I expect our Oline will be improved as a unit. I think our defense will be improved, and will play much more sound. That's why I was predicting 9 wins.

You literally just said that IF our defense doesn't improve from last year, then you see us going 6-6 which is a regression by definition.

Quote from: goodguytex on March 23, 2017, 11:19:59 pm
Our season will or should rest on how our defense does. If Rhoades gets things fixed somewhat, we will have a good year. If we see more of last year, I expect a 6-6 year.

So my question was, and still remains, IF the defense remains at the level they were at last year, why would you expect us to win even fewer games despite our offense being very likely to improve?
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

goodguytex

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 24, 2017, 01:03:08 pm
You literally just said that IF our defense doesn't improve from last year, then you see us going 6-6 which is a regression by definition.

So my question was, and still remains, IF the defense remains at the level they were at last year, why would you expect us to win even fewer games despite our offense being very likely to improve?
Benny, anything can happen, including a regression by the Oline, because we do lose Skipper, and Austin may not be able to connect with the new talent at receiver. That could set us back. The transition to the 3/4 may be a complete disaster, and there will be missed assignments, missed tackles and we may struggle. I don't think that will happen. It's possible. The chicken littles around here think it will. I don't. I'm generally more optimistic. But sure it could happen.

bennyl08

Quote from: goodguytex on March 24, 2017, 07:48:05 pm
Benny, anything can happen, including a regression by the Oline, because we do lose Skipper, and Austin may not be able to connect with the new talent at receiver. That could set us back. The transition to the 3/4 may be a complete disaster, and there will be missed assignments, missed tackles and we may struggle. I don't think that will happen. It's possible. The chicken littles around here think it will. I don't. I'm generally more optimistic. But sure it could happen.

Big, big, big difference between something that can happen and something you outright expect to happen. You seem to be politician talking your way around that post. Yes, the OL could regress, we could absolutely go completely winless, losing to even NMst.

I'm not asking what could go wrong. I'm not asking you what could happen. I'm asking explicitly about your post. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post and you skipped a step in your head. The first two sentences are solely talking about the defense and how our record next year will depend on the defense's performance. You follow that up with saying "if we see more of last year, I expect a 6-6 year."

I am interpreting that as saying, if our defense is the same as it was last season, then you expect us to win one fewer game next season than we did last season. Now, there are two ways that I can see than happening. One, is our team facing a tougher schedule such that that even if our offense improves and especially if it remains stagnant, we will lose another game due to facing a tougher schedule. Or, you think that our offense will become even worse next season such that with the defense being the same, we will win fewer games.

There is a third option in that you mis-spoke in saying that you expect a 6-6 year, but perhaps you meant something along the lines of "i could see a 6-6 year as a realistic possibility depending on a number of other factors".

damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

goodguytex

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 24, 2017, 08:22:01 pm
Big, big, big difference between something that can happen and something you outright expect to happen. You seem to be politician talking your way around that post. Yes, the OL could regress, we could absolutely go completely winless, losing to even NMst.

I'm not asking what could go wrong. I'm not asking you what could happen. I'm asking explicitly about your post. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post and you skipped a step in your head. The first two sentences are solely talking about the defense and how our record next year will depend on the defense's performance. You follow that up with saying "if we see more of last year, I expect a 6-6 year."

I am interpreting that as saying, if our defense is the same as it was last season, then you expect us to win one fewer game next season than we did last season. Now, there are two ways that I can see than happening. One, is our team facing a tougher schedule such that that even if our offense improves and especially if it remains stagnant, we will lose another game due to facing a tougher schedule. Or, you think that our offense will become even worse next season such that with the defense being the same, we will win fewer games.

There is a third option in that you mis-spoke in saying that you expect a 6-6 year, but perhaps you meant something along the lines of "i could see a 6-6 year as a realistic possibility depending on a number of other factors".
Benny, I don't think we will regress, I think we will get better. But anything can happen.

Part of my post you seem to skip over if our season will or should rest on how our defense does. Those are probables, not certainties by any means suggested by me. Then I give the 6-6 prediction if it does regress, as in gets worse. A worse defense, despite what our offense does, could cost us a win.

I can see a situation where things fall apart due to injury or sheer incompetence. Do I think that will happen? No I don't. If you don't know my overall attitude and feelings about the Hogs by now after years of reading my posts, I don't know what to tell you.

bennyl08

Quote from: goodguytex on March 24, 2017, 08:31:23 pm
Benny, I don't think we will regress, I think we will get better. But anything can happen.

I know you don't and to my knowledge, have never claimed or intimated that you do.

QuotePart of my post you seem to skip over if our season will or should rest on how our defense does. Those are probables, not certainties by any means suggested by me. Then I give the 6-6 prediction if it does regress, as in gets worse. A worse defense, despite what our offense does, could cost us a win.

I think we are on to something here. I was certainly not skipping over that part. I've explicitly mentioned it multiple times in trying to figure out what you are saying. You never said "if our season will or should rest on how our defense does." You said outright that it absolutely, unquestionably will or should rest on how our defense does. I don't know how else to interpret that other than saying that how good our bad or defense does will be the sole determiner of the season.

You seem to be implying that you meant for that to be interpreted in a completely different manner based off of this paragraph. Saying that "if our season is dependent on how our defense does, then I expect a 6-6 season" is very, very different saying "our season will depend on how our defense does, and if they are the same as last year, I expect our team to be worse this year overall than last year."

Nowhere in your post do you mention a regressing defense. You are in fact extremely explicit in setting up that if we see the same as last year, then ..." I.e. If our defense is exactly as good and productive as it was last year, then you expect the team to regress in terms of victories. Now, again, from your post here, it sounds like you are saying "if we regress this year relative to last season the same as we regressed last season relative to the year before" then you have something. However, if that is what you were trying to communicate, that is not the most common way to interpret that. What we see is the result on the field, so when you say, we see the same thing as last year, that reads as saying when we see the same result on the field, not when we see the same year to year change in a statistic.

QuoteI can see a situation where things fall apart due to injury or sheer incompetence. Do I think that will happen? No I don't. If you don't know my overall attitude and feelings about the Hogs by now after years of reading my posts, I don't know what to tell you.

As can I.

Never thought you thought that would happen.

Never questioned your overall attitude or feelings about the hogs.

If you can't read my posts which are typically very explicit and detailed about what I am asking after years of reading my posts, I don't know what to tell you.

goodguytex

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 24, 2017, 08:52:54 pm
I know you don't and to my knowledge, have never claimed or intimated that you do.

I think we are on to something here. I was certainly not skipping over that part. I've explicitly mentioned it multiple times in trying to figure out what you are saying. You never said "if our season will or should rest on how our defense does." You said outright that it absolutely, unquestionably will or should rest on how our defense does. I don't know how else to interpret that other than saying that how good our bad or defense does will be the sole determiner of the season.

You seem to be implying that you meant for that to be interpreted in a completely different manner based off of this paragraph. Saying that "if our season is dependent on how our defense does, then I expect a 6-6 season" is very, very different saying "our season will depend on how our defense does, and if they are the same as last year, I expect our team to be worse this year overall than last year."

Nowhere in your post do you mention a regressing defense. You are in fact extremely explicit in setting up that if we see the same as last year, then ..." I.e. If our defense is exactly as good and productive as it was last year, then you expect the team to regress in terms of victories. Now, again, from your post here, it sounds like you are saying "if we regress this year relative to last season the same as we regressed last season relative to the year before" then you have something. However, if that is what you were trying to communicate, that is not the most common way to interpret that. What we see is the result on the field, so when you say, we see the same thing as last year, that reads as saying when we see the same result on the field, not when we see the same year to year change in a statistic.

As can I.

Never thought you thought that would happen.

Never questioned your overall attitude or feelings about the hogs.

If you can't read my posts which are typically very explicit and detailed about what I am asking after years of reading my posts, I don't know what to tell you.
There you go again trying to be snarky. OK.... I said will or should. Again should being a probable. Our seasons success should all depends on the defense. Better defense will or should get us to 9 wins. Worse will or should get us 6. Equal performance to last year will or should get us about the same. There were probables in what I said. I shouldn't have to explain that to you. Should be obvious.

BloodRedHog

Hoping for 10 wins, but I fear it's 6-6 baby....and we will be glad we won 6.
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

goodguytex

Quote from: BloodRedHog on March 24, 2017, 10:29:30 pm
Hoping for 10 wins, but I fear it's 6-6 baby....and we will be glad we won 6.
Just curious, what do you base your predictions on?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: goodguytex on March 24, 2017, 08:31:23 pm

Part of my post you seem to skip over if our season will or should rest on how our defense does. Those are probables, not certainties by any means suggested by me. Then I give the 6-6 prediction if it does regress, as in gets worse. A worse defense, despite what our offense does, could cost us a win.

I can see a situation where things fall apart due to injury or sheer incompetence. Do I think that will happen? No I don't. If you don't know my overall attitude and feelings about the Hogs by now after years of reading my posts, I don't know what to tell you.

I tend to agree with most of what you say. I think that barring unforeseen injuries to key offensive personnel, our offense will be just fine and perhaps better than last year depending upon the extent of development of the O-Line and the new receivers. It is the improvement of the defense that I look to be the biggest factor in our overall level of success for 2017.

Of course that is assuming that we don't have a drop off in offensive production and in fact, become more consistent on that side of the ball in sustaining drives and better in the RZ. I don't think it is unreasonable at all for fans to have more focus on the defense at this point of the year, than the offense. We have further to go on defense than offense based on what we saw last season. Let's hope that Rhoads can improve the defense.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Arkansas is the only team other than Alabama that will get better...every other team will be worse. Hear it every year - our new players/players coming back are gonna be better than last year but everyone else is 'losing' this and that so they will all be worse.

And can someone actually explain to me how wanting better coaches, or wanting the best out of the coaches we have, isn't showing "zeal", or being a fan, or wanthing what's best for the program? Anyone?

And does anybody remember posts like "we can't expect to win 10+ games each year at Arkansas" when Petrino was here? I don't. I remember a lot of "we aren't poor little Arkansas anymore". Seems to me that lots of people have severely tempered their expectations around here because we have a certain coach occupying the throne these days. When Petrino pulled his stunt everyone said "no coach is bigger than the program". But now a zillion of you are doing just that with Bielema.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: LZH on March 25, 2017, 08:36:18 am
Arkansas is the only team other than Alabama that will get better...every other team will be worse. Hear it every year - our new players/players coming back are gonna be better than last year but everyone else is 'losing' this and that so they will all be worse.

And can someone actually explain to me how wanting better coaches, or wanting the best out of the coaches we have, isn't showing "zeal", or being a fan, or wanthing what's best for the program? Anyone?

And does anybody remember posts like "we can't expect to win 10+ games each year at Arkansas" when Petrino was here? I don't. I remember a lot of "we aren't poor little Arkansas anymore". Seems to me that lots of people have severely tempered their expectations around here because we have a certain coach occupying the throne these days.

I will give my take on the bolded. Simply - LZH, or other fans like you, are not the problem. The non-fans are the ones who come on here and complain. But disappear when we win. That is not you.

You have complained about CBB. You were not a fan of the hire. Yet, when our defense was stout two years ago you were a fan. You were celebrating with the rest of us.

The ones we are talking about were nowhere to be found. So in my view, it is not the complaining that is the issue. It is the lack of celebrating when things go right.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Deep Shoat

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 25, 2017, 08:42:26 am
...it is not the complaining that is the issue. It is the lack of celebrating when things go right.
QFT
All Gas, No Brakes!

jkstock04

And does anybody remember posts like "we can't expect to win 10+ games each year at Arkansas" when Petrino was here? I don't. I remember a lot of "we aren't poor little Arkansas anymore". Seems to me that lots of people have severely tempered their expectations around here because we have a certain coach occupying the throne these days. When Petrino pulled his stunt everyone said "no coach is bigger than the program". But now a zillion of you are doing just that with Bielema.
It's kind of like how South Carolina is going to be an easy win...because their offense was so terrible last year so obviously they aren't going to improve any. Lol very well may be that they won't...but I do see the correlation how our fans always assume we will improve and get better while other teams won't. In this thread I picked Mizzou as an "automatic" win....but reality is that there is zero reason to believe that game as an automatic win. They really seem to have our number.

Basically the message that guy portrayed was that if you aren't an unthinking homer you can't consider yourself a "fan." To be fair, he did provide the definition on a "fanatic" and sort of proved his point. I'm the type of "fan" that has to actually see it to believe it.

Im just not the type that can simply go off of homer type faith and blindly assume everything is going to be awesome because Chuck Barrett and Jeff Long say so. I've got to see some evidence of it first. I've been unimpressed much more than I've been impressed thus far of the Bielema era.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

MuskogeeHogFan

We obviously don't live in a vacuum, every team is going to experience some level of improvement or digression. It is just a matter of how much for every team that we play and in which areas.

And there isn't anything wrong with wanting the most out of your coaching staff. I hope that no one on here has said that it is wrong to want those types of things.

As for our team, our recruiting is improving and that is a pretty huge contributing factor to our success or failure. Of course it isn't just about recruiting a few more highly ranked players it is about recruiting a lot more highly ranked players and for us, I think that primarily points to the defensive side of the ball. We can hold our own with almost any team in the SEC as far as our offense goes, but LSU and Alabama just have a lot more talent on defense than we do the vast majority of the time. Nick has made the most of it, Les didn't and that is why he is gone.

This is just my opinion, but from what I can see the teams that tend to go with the HUNH, fast paced, more wide open offenses find a way to take greater advantage of defenses and can sometimes win more games with less talent. In our Pro Style Offense, you just have to have a lot better athletes across the board on both sides of the ball to win consistently at a high level in our conference.

I think (opinion again) that unless we really improve our defensive recruiting, we may wind up being a team that usually hovers around the 7-9 win mark with the occasional year that all the breaks go our way and we manage to win 10 or more. Given that no one at Arkansas wants to wade into the dirty end of the recruiting pool and given all of the things that this staff looks at in qualifying and recruiting these kids, I'm o.k. with that. If you want more wins every year from this program they are going to have to get their hands a lot dirtier than they have in the past. I don't think that is going to happen.
Go Hogs Go!

WilsonHog

I voted, like most everyone else, that we will win 7-9 games. I agree that is a huge spread in terms of program perception among the fan base. I include myself in that. Had we finished off Mizzou and Virginia Tech, I would have no question that Bret is the man we need as our head coach. The way those two losses came about, however, planted seeds of doubt in my mind that haven't been there before. I've gone from believing he can get it done to hoping he can.

If we finish the bowl season with eight wins or better, I will be happy with the season. Any less and I won't be. Matters little how we do next season in terms of Bret's continued employment in Fayetteville. The buyout will insulate him through at least the 2018 season.

hogcard1964

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 25, 2017, 09:36:49 am
I voted, like most everyone else, that we will win 7-9 games. I agree that is a huge spread in terms of program perception among the fan base. I include myself in that. Had we finished off Mizzou and Virginia Tech, I would have no question that Bret is the man we need as our head coach. The way those two losses came about, however, planted seeds of doubt in my mind that haven't been there before. I've gone from believing he can get it done to hoping he can.

If we finish the bowl season with eight wins or better, I will be happy with the season. Any less and I won't be. Matters little how we do next season in terms of Bret's continued employment in Fayetteville. The buyout will insulate him through at least the 2018 season.

+1000

He's here as long as he wants to be, or at least until Long "moves along."

GuvHog

Quote from: jkstock04 on March 25, 2017, 09:02:00 am
It's kind of like how South Carolina is going to be an easy win...because their offense was so terrible last year so obviously they aren't going to improve any. Lol very well may be that they won't...but I do see the correlation how our fans always assume we will improve and get better while other teams won't. In this thread I picked Mizzou as an "automatic" win....but reality is that there is zero reason to believe that game as an automatic win. They really seem to have our number.

Basically the message that guy portrayed was that if you aren't an unthinking homer you can't consider yourself a "fan." To be fair, he did provide the definition on a "fanatic" and sort of proved his point. I'm the type of "fan" that has to actually see it to believe it.

Im just not the type that can simply go off of homer type faith and blindly assume everything is going to be awesome because Chuck Barrett and Jeff Long say so. I've got to see some evidence of it first. I've been unimpressed much more than I've been impressed thus far of the Bielema era.

For the record, I never said that South Carolina would be an easy win for the Hogs, just that the Hogs should win. Muschamp will be in his second year of rebuilding the program there so yes, the Gamecocks will be some better but not good enough to make any serious noise in the SEC. I believe the 2018 season is when South Carolina will start to make some serious noise in the Eastern Division.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

goodguytex

Quote from: GuvHog on March 25, 2017, 10:35:33 am
I believe the 2018 season is when South Carolina will start to make some serious noise in the Eastern Division.
It's not a certainty South Carolina will. Muschamp couldn't get it done at Florida. I don't know that he will at South Carolina either.

Dwillhog66

I'm just giving my opinion like everyone else on here and am not trying to be the moderator of fandom. I didn't create the definition of what a fan(atic) is.
To answer your question tho, if a so called fan wants the team to fail or celebrates failure because they don't like the coach(es) or any other reason, then, IMO, that person cannot be a fan.
IMO, if you desire greatness in your team and have complaints about certain things it doesn't make you a non fan, it makes you a concerned fan.
Everyone is unique in their own way. Me personally, I literally can't find or see a loss in the future for the Razorbacks when I'm looking at the matchups on paper months prior to the games being played.

boaredstiff

I'm a devoted fan.  I don't view the Hogs with rose-colored glasses; bur far be it from me to fan the flames of discontent.

GuvHog

Quote from: goodguytex on March 25, 2017, 11:06:53 am
It's not a certainty South Carolina will. Muschamp couldn't get it done at Florida. I don't know that he will at South Carolina either.

The PTB at South Carolina are a little more patient than the PTB at Florida. I've always believed the Gators were a little too quick with the hook when they fired Muschamp.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Dwillhog66 on March 25, 2017, 12:00:22 pm
To answer your question tho, if a so called fan wants the team to fail or celebrates failure because they don't like the coach(es) or any other reason, then, IMO, that person cannot be a fan.
Well said.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on March 25, 2017, 02:09:25 pm
The PTB at South Carolina are a little more patient than the PTB at Florida. I've always believed the Gators were a little too quick with the hook when they fired Muschamp.

I don't know, I think Florida has a lot more talent than S. Carolina and in 4 years, Muschamp only got Florida into double digit wins once (11 wins), had two 7 win seasons and one 4 win season. That kind of performance would make Hog fans grumble if we played in the East and had their talent.
Go Hogs Go!

j-mann

Quote from: Al Boarland on March 23, 2017, 05:25:33 am
A lot of truth there in both this and hogfan's posts. I just think you should proceed with caution. I'm sure the players are working hard. Maybe there is renwewed energy. One thing I do know. There are a lot of very talented players that are working just as hard. The assertion that our players are somehow working harder than everyone else because they are dissatisfied with how the season ended up seems far fetched. Everyone in the SEC is dissatisfied with how their season turned out. Even Bama.

One other thing. Thinking the only baked in losses are bama and LSU is laughable. You may not know who they will be, but given the track record you probably should find 2/3 more L's on the schedule. Until proven otherwise....7/8 wins.

its fair points 

TCU is a Home  get by that game  we have 7 wins 
Auburn  is also at home  they are good  but not 56-7 good  we shouild never lose to Auburn  by more than 7 pts   we just have to match Gus intseity  toward us       
@ South Car  they cannot score   
@ ole miss  they might be num 7 in the west   
and ATM  arkansas will beat atm   the SEC shouild put this game in nov   and move it back to campus and let Arkansas play 10 Big 12 teams in 10Y in jerry world   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs